genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

On 12/22/2016 at 0:03 PM, Zakuaz said:

Genesis, awesome to hear you may have found the slowdown culprit.  I look forward to getting my ass handed to me by your AI minions once you get it sorted haha.  

Thank you :) I hope to get it all sorted some time this week. That would be the goal anyway.

On 12/25/2016 at 0:04 AM, JD Wang said:

Hey Genesis, is there an easy way to temporarily reduce the AI's spotting and hearing range?

I'm working on a sandstorm script for my mission and I'd like to make the AI almost blind and deaf while the storm is running so players are at a huge disadvantage.

Ideally I'd like them to only be able to see maybe 10-15m at most. Is that doable?

That's a good question...

With Vcom you can edit the 'VCOM_HEARINGDISTANCE' variable on the fly to change how far they will respond to gun-fire or other sounds. Changing that variable - and using a function that re-defines the AI's accuracyfunctions (found in the userconfigfile) might be a good step.

Something in a script like

{
  _x setSkill ["spotDistance",0.2];
  _x setSkill ["spotTime",0.2];
} foreach allunits;

18 hours ago, Neviothr said:

I remember this heart-break of a function. It was really cool, but only seemed to work a small fraction of the time.

• Like 1

Now is it possible to tell them to pack it up and take the backpacks?

I thing AiSS had AI setting up statics as a feature.

The setting up of static weapons should have been in the game from the outset!  However, a scripted version would be lovely here.

6 hours ago, taro8 said:

Now is it possible to tell them to pack it up and take the backpacks?

I thing AiSS had AI setting up statics as a feature.

Setting up Statics works with Vanilla statics currently. The problem is (to my knowledge) there is nothing in the bag config's that link them to their physical static counterparts. I have not checked in awhile though....

If static bags had the classname of their physical counterpart that would make it possible to have any static deployable from any properly configed mod.

1 hour ago, kremator said:

The setting up of static weapons should have been in the game from the outset!  However, a scripted version would be lovely here.

Yeah it should be. I am surprised AI using statics is not a default behavior. I will be taking another look at Vcom AI using statics. 

If anyone has classnames for the static weapons/bags from their favorite mods that would be extremely useful. Or maybe there is a website with this info? I am not sure what mods are the most popular that add additional static weapons.

14 minutes ago, notsoamusedpepe said:

genesis92x, please post fix for fps lag. working version will do. will try to contribute.

I will be working on it today. It seems to be a few areas that need optimizations since the last few patches. (In particular smoke grenades now seem to drastically impact the scheduler?)

Areas of code that I have not touched in months are now appearing to be giving problems...so...I am going through those and optimizing/providing more options in the config to manage these optimizations.

Once I am happy with it - I will push out a test version. Then followed up with an 'official' update.

• Like 1

Take your time genesis92x !  Better to have a quality product than rush things.  We understand that greatness takes time!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, genesis92x said:

I will be working on it today. It seems to be a few areas that need optimizations since the last few patches. (In particular smoke grenades now seem to drastically impact the scheduler?)

Areas of code that I have not touched in months are now appearing to be giving problems...so...I am going through those and optimizing/providing more options in the config to manage these optimizations.

Once I am happy with it - I will push out a test version. Then followed up with an 'official' update.

alrighty then

This might be a stupid question, but will the new version completely ignore air units?

Looking forward testing this with Alive and kinda terrified too :D

14 hours ago, bairanbokkeri said:

This might be a stupid question, but will the new version completely ignore air units?

Looking forward testing this with Alive and kinda terrified too :D

I am going to make a switch in the config file that can be turned on to completely disable air units. Currently VCOM ignores planes but not those we-just-like-to-crash helicraft.

• Like 2

91djlu.jpg

come on man, i'm in a desolate area until may. i need them ai ready and waiting right the fuck now! i will test it in every condition. you have my word on it. DELIVER!

12 hours ago, genesis92x said:

I am going to make a switch in the config file that can be turned on to completely disable air units. Currently VCOM ignores planes but not those we-just-like-to-crash helicraft.

Ah, that clears it up a bit thank you.

1 hour ago, notsoamusedpepe said:

91djlu.jpg

come on man, i'm in a desolate area until may. i need them ai ready and waiting right the fuck now! i will test it in every condition. you have my word on it. DELIVER!

Keep posting crap like this and you'll be in a desolate area with no BIS forums access either...... you may feel this was humour, it's not. tone it down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Good to hear man, I've been using the following code in the initServer.sqf 

[
	{
		{
			If (!isNull (driver _x) ) then {
				{
					_x setVariable ["NOAI", true, false];
				} foreach (units group (driver _x));

};
		} Foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf "Helicopter"});
	},
	[]
] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler

and it seemed to be working ok up until last night when we crashed a vehicle just outside the airbase, and then all 5 helicopters which are set as ALiVE support vehicles, all suddenly took off in unison and flew to our location, hovering over the wreck as if laughing at us :(

I've also had reports from the guys of helicopters just "getting stuck" like refusing to fly anywhere, and instead just hovering.
I actually thought that code had fixed things because I hadn't seen the "mass takeoff" since I started using it.

Thanks for all the work you put into this dude. I've watched a bunch of your videos, and hate playing the game without VCOM. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Good to hear man, I've been using the following code in the initServer.sqf 

[
	{
		{
			If (!isNull (driver _x) ) then {
				{
					_x setVariable ["NOAI", true, false];
				} foreach (units group (driver _x));

};
		} Foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf "Helicopter"});
	},
	[]
] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler

and it seemed to be working ok up until last night when we crashed a vehicle just outside the airbase, and then all 5 helicopters which are set as ALiVE support vehicles, all suddenly took off in unison and flew to our location, hovering over the wreck as if laughing at us :(

I've also had reports from the guys of helicopters just "getting stuck" like refusing to fly anywhere, and instead just hovering.
I actually thought that code had fixed things because I hadn't seen the "mass takeoff" since I started using it.

Thanks for all the work you put into this dude. I've watched a bunch of your videos, and hate playing the game without VCOM. 

Okay. I have to admit. This made me laugh. 

This is a bug that I have caught now - Even though the AI have Vcom disabled it doesn't prevent other AI from calling non-vcom units for reinforcements (whoops). NOAI will actually take these units out of play all together.

I have made some massive gains to the FPS and scheduler lag. I apologize for the wait as optimization is my LEAST FAVORITE part of creating things. Currently I am just finding a better way to force AI to move during combat.

I've got a few scripts started for finding static for AISS that I never finished to add to AISS. Basically the scripts use the find function to find out what a bag may be holding. I remember I was fairly close. I've kind of abandoned everything do to moving and work. If you'd like to take a look and can use them let me know I'll see if I can knock some of the dust off them and send them your way.

On 29/12/2016 at 0:45 AM, genesis92x said:

Here is a test version of what I have so far. Please give it a test and let me know what you encounter. Thank you all!

So far this simply improves FPS and schedule lag.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38334795/AIFOLDER/VcomAITestVersion.zip

Hmmm not seeing anything happening in (in SP or MP).  In SP I can see other medics, but nothing moves.  In MP just little old me.

42 minutes ago, kremator said:

Hmmm not seeing anything happening in (in SP or MP).  In SP I can see other medics, but nothing moves.  In MP just little old me.

Haha yeah, try adding in a few units or adding Zeus to the mission. The mission is blank - it just comes with the new files.

I've got a few scripts started for finding static for AISS that I never finished to add to AISS. Basically the scripts use the find function to find out what a bag may be holding. I remember I was fairly close. I've kind of abandoned everything do to moving and work. If you'd like to take a look and can use them let me know I'll see if I can knock some of the dust off them and send them your way.

That would be amazing! If you have easy access to them I would love to take a look.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 7:45 PM, genesis92x said:

Here is a test version of what I have so far. Please give it a test and let me know what you encounter. Thank you all!

So far this simply improves FPS and schedule lag.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38334795/AIFOLDER/VcomAITestVersion.zip

think you can make a mod version for that the schedule lag is really brutal while playing escape because it breaks the revive script

That would be amazing! If you have easy access to them I would love to take a look.

I sent you a dropbox link via messaging. Have a few other projects I am working on involving AI if I don't release them separately or revive AISS or even If I do let me know I'll share them. It involves medical and ammo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coul said:

think you can make a mod version for that the schedule lag is really brutal while playing escape because it breaks the revive script

I will once I am mostly happy with the current script version. Packing mods is my least favorite thing.

19 hours ago, kremator said:

Doh ... I thought you'd added some lovely enemy for us to look at :)

I should have ._.

11 hours ago, mikey74 said:

I sent you a dropbox link via messaging. Have a few other projects I am working on involving AI if I don't release them separately or revive AISS or even If I do let me know I'll share them. It involves medical and ammo.

Thank you! I will check it out very soon

• Like 3

Vcom AI Changelog

*ADDED* AI have a better time following waypoints in combat.
*ADDED* AI will more aggressively clear out buildings now.
*ADDED* New settings in the userconfig file and VCOMAI_defaultsettings.sqf file for fine-tuning the queue system.
*FIXED* AI assaulting a point sometimes would get stuck when AI deemed no cover was findable.
*FIXED* Zeus controlled AI should now handle even better.
*OPTIMIZED* Many functions and scripts heavily optimized.
*OPTIMIZED* New queue system for AI taking cover and other HEAVY functions.

Vcom AI 2.81 Script Version

Vcom AI 2.81 Mod Version

• Like 6