genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

@dlegionIt has not yet been reimplemented, as mentioned earlier it was something that happend to be forgotten about but will be added.

• Like 1

ah... sorry i missed that info!
thanks man !

It is the May Bank holiday in the UK ... my body is ready for VCOM_AI mod version :)  Oh and Dissension too :)

• Like 2

Just playing around with an ALiVE mission I'm setting up and it really seemed to take ages before the AI would move to their waypoints, even in Zeus I would give them a way point and they'd just stand there. In fact it's only just now that I started to type this that they're moving. I'll keep testing this.

Also you need to add a check when they deploy static weapons that they're NOT in a house. Seeing them deploy mortars in a house isn't great.
I also noticed when I got shot, almost every civilian in a fairly large radius had a waypoint to an area around my body, which is weird because I was using the default settings of

VCM_SIDEENABLED = [west,east,resistance];

so I would assume this wouldn't happen. I have seen it before with ALiVE though so it may be that.

1 hour ago, JD Wang said:

Also you need to add a check when they deploy static weapons that they're NOT in a house. Seeing them deploy mortars in a house isn't great.

The mortar team WILL get entered into the Darwin Awards however.

On 2.5.2018 at 10:48 PM, genesis92x said:

Yeah, a scrapped idea. I need to delete that function. I am looking to create the mod sometime this week and fully release vcom.

Another small update with fixes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8luoh1o3lzdsns/VcomAI3%2e0.Altis.7z?dl=0

Hello

With this version i have trouble to get artillery support and vehicles support on a dedicated server via vcom. if i do tests with the same settings on hosted mp (not dedicated server) then it works. 

17 hours ago, halifax007 said:

Hello

With this version i have trouble to get artillery support and vehicles support on a dedicated server via vcom. if i do tests with the same settings on hosted mp (not dedicated server) then it works. 

Hey, are you running any headless clients per chance?

Also just a quick update, I am adding some of the old features back in but this is my busy week of work so my time is strained.

I hope to be able to finish everything this Monday and Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Take your time mate. A fully featured version is better than a rushed one. 

Will Dissension be available then too? I just keep checking the github. 

dont worry man! as Kremator say: take your time!
i especially wait for the feature of AI stealing vehicles and patrolling / breaching buildings!

in the meantime, i found a problem with AI-placed mines:  ..they are ... in the sky! (my test are always on dedicated, no HC)
https://imgur.com/a/UslbWgw
https://imgur.com/a/VaFVRL0
https://imgur.com/a/waB6FgA

However, if I jump into a vehicle taken over by AI, I want them to disembark - so that my squad can get in :)

@dlegion those mines are for OPFOR birds !

• Haha 1

great to see that a new version is in the pipe, in the meanwhile, does any of you could share vcom parameters to play the great liberation scenario. I’ve issue with my other squads in high command which move without orders and go in the middle of the battlefield. Thanks

Is VCM_fnc_FindCover meant to be disabled? I've found that apparently VCM_fnc_FindCover is commented out in the FSM, and doesn't appear to be getting called from anywhere else.

8 hours ago, dlegion said:

dont worry man! as Kremator say: take your time!
i especially wait for the feature of AI stealing vehicles and patrolling / breaching buildings!

in the meantime, i found a problem with AI-placed mines:  ..they are ... in the sky! (my test are always on dedicated, no HC)
https://imgur.com/a/UslbWgw
https://imgur.com/a/VaFVRL0
https://imgur.com/a/waB6FgA

I can also confirm seeing the "Sky Mines" lol. 

@genesis92x
Hi, in the next update, could we have a parameter to remove for all vehicule non whished mouvement for a dedicated side like bluefor. I love to see my multiple infantry squad quite autonomous but I hate see my tank or ifv move without command and take a rocket.

9 hours ago, Guillaume Massé said:

@genesis92x
Hi, in the next update, could we have a parameter to remove for all vehicule non whished mouvement for a dedicated side like bluefor. I love to see my multiple infantry squad quite autonomous but I hate see my tank or ifv move without command and take a rocket.

These should do the trick

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from executing advanced movement maneuvers.
        (group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from responding to calls for backup.
        (group this) setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from calling for backup.
        (group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.
        (group this) setVariable ["VCM_DisableForm",true]; //This command will disable AI group from changing formations.    
        (group this) setVariable ["VCM_Skilldisable",true]; //This command will disable an AI group from being impacted by Vcom AI skill changes.    

Thank you Genesis for 3.0 (!) - my unit loves vcom, makes missions so much more challenging and simulating - very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, using the the script version of 3.0, I am getting an error. When I tested the sample mission you provided, I got exactly the same error.

Error in expression <VcmAI_ActiveList) && {!(VCM_SIDEENABLED findIf {_x isEqualTo (side _Grp)} isEqua>
   Error position: <findIf {_x isEqualTo (side _Grp)} isEqua>
  Error findif: Type Side, expected Array
 File C:\Users\Duke-PC\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Duke\missions\VcomAI3%2e0.Altis\Vcom\VcomInit.sqf, line 71

The issue ? vcom isn't running at all.

Appreciate you've just released 3.0, be grateful when you have the chance to look at this, for any help please.

Thanks 

37 minutes ago, Duke101 said:

Thank you Genesis for 3.0 (!) - my unit loves vcom, makes missions so much more challenging and simulating - very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, using the the script version of 3.0, I am getting an error. When I tested the sample mission you provided, I got exactly the same error.

Error in expression <VcmAI_ActiveList) && {!(VCM_SIDEENABLED findIf {_x isEqualTo (side _Grp)} isEqua>
   Error position: <findIf {_x isEqualTo (side _Grp)} isEqua>
  Error findif: Type Side, expected Array
 File C:\Users\Duke-PC\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Duke\missions\VcomAI3%2e0.Altis\Vcom\VcomInit.sqf, line 71

The issue ? vcom isn't running at all.

Appreciate you've just released 3.0, be grateful when you have the chance to look at this, for any help please.

Thanks 

Try to download from here. Let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

Is there any way to make the ai use helicopters to leap-frog forward and search with small recce-teams for the opponent and set up AAA-defencess on its own?

Give them parachute and make them search for targets.

Maybe ,direct sniper-spotter teams or somehow ,find single units way to close to the enemy,(with the new grab code)  to search and rescue these single units and set up an ambush and put pilots and so on aboard a helicopter.

48 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

Try to download from here. Let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

Yes, that's corrected it thanks. Seems all good and working as intended with your sample mission.

Don't seem to have it working on a current mission on working on though (no errors, vcom just not enabled)... but will re-check, etc. and try to figure it out.

Thanks again!

When I have VCOM loaded as steam workshop mod, it will not load into the briefing screen. It gets stuck on the loading screen without any errors. RPT files don't show anything either. Are you using some waitUntil in the init?

To try and clarify, it was mentioned that the driving is now "default behavior", does that mean VCOM driving has been taken out and is handed back to vanilla? If so will VCOM driving still be supported as a separate mod/script? Personally i find the driving improvements to be one of the most important things, my community has become so heavily reliant on VCOM driving just for enemy AI to get from A to B let alone actually do any kind of convoy stuff remotely well.

VERSION 3.0 is now out ... I repeat ... VERSION 3.0 is out.

• Like 1

where ?
and there is AI patrolling houses interior ?
thanks man !

4 hours ago, NeilZar said:

When I have VCOM loaded as steam workshop mod, it will not load into the briefing screen. It gets stuck on the loading screen without any errors. RPT files don't show anything either. Are you using some waitUntil in the init?

NVM, Updating the serverside version fixed it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and did not see the 3.0 Thread all of it's own.  Move along!