genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

The VCOM AI only works with Vanilla Arma AI ????

@IrLED and other potential developers.

I have uploaded all your fixes to Genesis92x GitHub, with your original topic added. The fixes might or might not be approved, because that is Genesis92x call.

(I could apply those fixes directly to GitHub, but i do not have my workstation yet).

On 8. 2. 2018 at 1:02 AM, genesis92x said:

You hit the nail on the head there. With what little time I have available I spend it working on Dissension. Dissension is getting closer to release and I plan on releasing an updated version of Vcom and Dissension together.

I can get up a github version of VcomAI with my most recent changes - please feel free to modify whatever you'd like with Vcom.

I have been getting a lot of messages about Vcom, and like always, I plan on coming back with more optimizations and improvements.

I have had some strange issues with vehicles refusing to move at all - this needs to be addressed.

I have created an updated Vcom Github - I will make an effort to check the Github weekly for reports.

To keep track of all the bugs/concerns, please post them at the Github so I can track them easier. Please provide as much information as possible.

https://github.com/genesis92x/VCOMAI

This way any reports won't get buried in a the forums, as I do not check the forums frequently.

Great it's not only happening me. If the ai didn't get stuck  it would be a good feature, though. I am kinda tired of seeing blufor tanks just ramming the enemy tanks....

So, aside from being GENERALLY very out of day, is there any obvious conflict between this AI and DUWS?  I don't think there's much in the way of AI interaction on any DUWS setup (aside from the limiter on some, which we aren't using), but I wanted to make sure.

Additionally, and this is me being a reclusive loser... will it screw up the campaigns?  I ... I kind of like them, even knowing they're terrible.

Edited by lockeandkey
additional question

18 minutes ago, lockeandkey said:

So, aside from being GENERALLY very out of day, is there any obvious conflict between this AI and DUWS?  I don't think there's much in the way of AI interaction on any DUWS setup (aside from the limiter on some, which we aren't using), but I wanted to make sure.

Additionally, and this is me being a reclusive loser... will it screw up the campaigns?  I ... I kind of like them, even knowing they're terrible.

Assuming that DUWS don't mess with AI itself, there should be no conflict. As for the campaign, it will most definitely break it in at least a few places, where the AI has been already scripted.

Hi guys.

Anybody know how to set attack distance for a particular soldier class? If it is possible.

@IrLED  Thanks for posting your fixes on github.  I'm gonna apply these to VCOM running on my missions and see how they address some of the issues.  Thanks again.

Thank you for posting the resource leak fixes! Haven't played Arma for months because VCOM isn't really working
I guess there are still problems with the gunshot hearing insta-detection and driving/transporting troops? Will test it and post an issue if it is present.
edit: It seems some things have improved. Silenced weapons no longer cause  instant detection, but non-silenced still result in insta-detection (VCOM_HEARINGDISTANCE)
AI transports and driving in generals seem to be fundamentally broken also in vanilla Arma3

Sorry, need a helping hand with the script version of Vcom thats include into a mission.

How do I exclude a whole faction (like Civs or Bluefor) from Vcom? I found the param/var but dont know how to implement it into the mission?

Thanks for help.

Just trying 2.94 mod version and it doesn't seem to be initialising. Nothing is happening with the AI, and the debug and map markers aren't coming up.

Hi, I got a problem here. After installing the mod, I can't get on helicopter when there are enemy present in the area.  AI pilot would kick us out of the helo.

This would be a problem when mission requires hot extraction.

I guess I could change it in config? But not sure which line affects this.

Hello.

Has anyone who uses Vcom been having a problem with AI sitting in mid-air? Specifically when playing on multiplayer servers?

The last time I tried this mod it caused a major memory leak and slowed mechanics of the mission Pilgrimage.

• Like 1

@genesis92 is working on a new version of VCOM for when Dissension is complete.  We'll have to be patient.

• Like 2

Hopefully it won't be too far away. The combination of the new Community Factions Project + VCOM+ ALiVE is what ARMA dreams are made of :hyper:
Unfortunately VCOM + ALiVE doesn't seem to play well at the moment, to the point we had to switch to ASR AI which doesn't have all the great features VCOM does 

• Like 1

hm...interesting...can be that screwing my mission lately?
after a while scripts start to run slowly, like 2 consecutive commands run with a 2 secs delay! its like a "script lag" but server runs fine at 48 FPS.
"connection lost" and "kicked by battlkeye, client not responding" are other problems, sometime even server crash. 
thanks for any info!

Early in the week I had experimented with this mod on one of my missions and after 20 mins it got real sluggish trying to bring up menus while playing, huge delays. I ripped it back out and mission was fine. I will revisit this mod after it gets updated. I saw a lot of great potential, like when I was trying to flank the AI team, they were doing the same right back at me, hilariously good.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I will be releasing Vcom AI 3.0 (yes another complete re-write to update the several year old code again) sometime late  this weekend. I am releasing it alongside my new CTI mission called Dissension.

It features huge optimizations, quality of life changes, improved AI responsiveness, and smarter squad based AI.

Once I release it, I will be posting it in a completely new thread and will request this one to be locked, if at all possible.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

That are Great News! 

BIG THX for updating your fantastic work to the next level! I just LOVE what you did to the AI in VCOMAI!  :icon_dj:

I'll never forget how it was when I tried your mod the first time. That was as real as it gets in a game I'd say:

It was in an ALiVE COIN scenario I had built myself where previously I felt quite superior to the Taliban. I knew the map, we (me and the AI) had NVG's and they didn't and so I went on mechanized Patrol quite confident.  Suspicious activity reported near a warehouse complex in a valley between to ridges.  Yawn, all, dismount. Team yellow (1 Sniper, 1 Spotter) sent to the left ridge top to provide overwatch, the rest leap-frogging in two additional teams through the valley until we found the warehoue to be... empty.  Hmmm...

And THEN! the sniper called out targets, one, two, five, ten to his left, another five from the front, six or seven on the other ridge!  They rushed him ALLAHU AQBAR!!! Style and he was incapacitated a minute later,   and we others fought teeth and claws for our very life; as an NCO I was no longer organizing and leading from the APC, I had to fight in the frontline and repel Taliban at point blank range (ALiVE AAR showed later I personally killed 1 from 14 m and 1 from 3 m distance) while at the same time desparately trying to get out a radio call for CAS.  In the end, we had stood our ground until the CAS arrived - but we didn't make it up the left ridge in time to rescue Sniper and Spotter who were bleeding to death.  Twilight came up, and we surveyed the area where we almost lost the entire squad to a perfectly set up and well-executed ambush.  :shock:

THAT is the difference VCOMAI can make.  And it even was BEFORE I started to use AutiGerards cunning factions tailored so perfectly for VCOMAI!  Mortars is all I say... :sarcasm:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Once I release it, I will be posting it in a completely new thread and will request this one to be locked, if at all possible.

Easy: report your own post and ask a moderator to lock the thread.

Excellent stuff Dominic!!!  The Community Factions Pack stands ready to mortar the piss out of folks.