genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

I tried the init lines to stop AI using vehicles directly, tried switching it off via the config and nothing stops them stealing vehicles which is especially bad if you use Air vehicles as transport services as on mission start the transport services all take off together, all the trucks waiting get stolen and dumped everywhere and it's utter carnage.

The flanking is really good with VCOM but i can't give the players vehicles to use in any mission, at least the persistent missions with respawning vehicles. It's a shame to hear this is the last update for a while as the project is such great work. But I have to stop using it for my group in this case and it makes me a bit sad due to the massive effort that must have gone into this. If anyone successfully makes a method to stop it (can I just delete the vehicle script and eat the errors?) I'd love to hear it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, pikey said:

I tried the init lines to stop AI using vehicles directly, tried switching it off via the config and nothing stops them stealing vehicles which is especially bad if you use Air vehicles as transport services as on mission start the transport services all take off together, all the trucks waiting get stolen and dumped everywhere and it's utter carnage.

The flanking is really good with VCOM but i can't give the players vehicles to use in any mission, at least the persistent missions with respawning vehicles. It's a shame to hear this is the last update for a while as the project is such great work. But I have to stop using it for my group in this case and it makes me a bit sad due to the massive effort that must have gone into this. If anyone successfully makes a method to stop it (can I just delete the vehicle script and eat the errors?) I'd love to hear it.

If you are using the script version, change the settings in the vcom_defaultsettings.sqf in the function folder.

If you are changing the userconfig folder settings you need to have -filepatching enabled otherwise the changes won't take affect.

I can confirm that disabling the AI from taking vehicles does work.

Also try reducing the range they will look for vehicles to 0 meters.

• Thanks 1

AH! Thanks :) I couldnt find the setting for the script version as I use dedicated. The mod was easier and in a different place.
Do I need to set anything on headless client or does he inherit from the mission script?

I was using some init.sqf trick that didnt work for ignoring vehicles I cannot remeber where i found it.

Hey everyone, I can not 100% confirm, but it appears that something has changed in the most recent TacOps DLC that has caused RPT spam with Vcom AI.

I plan on working on a fix for this tomorrow and release a small update with a few other simple changes and requests.

Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You have an typo in "enableAI 'SUPRESSION'" should be "enableAI 'SUPPRESSION'" ^^

Can you implement in your FSM a check for the var "VCOM_NOAI"... if you spawn units and the want to disable VCOM it ignores all NOAI Variables.

Edited by shukari
question

On 11/5/2017 at 6:50 AM, loopdk said:

I get this error 20xxx in mission night

can you help me?

You did not update the userconfig folder for the mod.

Vcom AI 2.93 Update

VCOM AIV2.93 MOD

Vcom AI version 2.93 MOD

VCOM AIV2.93SCRIPT

Vcom AI version 2.93 SCRIPTS

Vcom AI Changelog 12/1/2017 V2.93
*Fixed* Typos causing enum errors for 

*Fixed* Remove disableAI "WeaponAim" - as this command appears to no longer work.

*Fixed* Several small bugs

*Changed* AI will attempt to run for cover when disembarking from vehicles while in combat. Some AI will choose to engage the enemy, and then run for cover.

• Like 6

Thank you for doing bug fixes and updates. That was fast. Continued further testing...will post if anything weird is found.

Fun story with vcom, I use ace3 and have vehicles start locked and carry master key, I didn't lock my tank back up after because I thought it was trashed.  Both tracks and engine were red dead, so I left it nearby in a small village while clearing out so I can return to it. No sooner then I walked halfway across the small village, I turn around and there is my tank being repaired and the enemy drives off with it down the road. I do enjoy the Ai leaning out corner of windows full automatic, mortar fire and theft. Feels closer to playing against people although there is nothing like playing against another human, this is really fun.

Vcom AI 2.94 Release!

Vcom AI version 2.94 MOD

Vcom AI version 2.94 SCRIPTS

Vcom AI Changelog 12/2/2017 V2.94

*Fixed* Vehicles being too scary for AI to stay in.
*Fixed* Typos causing enum errors for disableAI commands 

*Fixed* Remove disableAI "WeaponAim" - as this command appears to no longer work.

*Fixed* Several small bugs

*Changed* AI will attempt to run for cover when disembarking from vehicles while in combat. Some AI will choose to engage the enemy, and then run for cover.

11 hours ago, breech99 said:

Thank you for doing bug fixes and updates. That was fast. Continued further testing...will post if anything weird is found.

Fun story with vcom, I use ace3 and have vehicles start locked and carry master key, I didn't lock my tank back up after because I thought it was trashed.  Both tracks and engine were red dead, so I left it nearby in a small village while clearing out so I can return to it. No sooner then I walked halfway across the small village, I turn around and there is my tank being repaired and the enemy drives off with it down the road. I do enjoy the Ai leaning out corner of windows full automatic, mortar fire and theft. Feels closer to playing against people although there is nothing like playing against another human, this is really fun.

Thank you for the story :) That is awesome to hear that! The AI love to steal vehicles if they aren't locked up 

• Like 2

@genesis92x Thanks for the fix update. I appreciate your work and dedication alot. 

However, after @towatai fixed it in his edited version some time ago, the script error about the AIMenu it back in your version: 

652FD3DAACD39E3B65DBF4F93E3E3B8960D2AD0E

Hi, I'm being a little dense. If I use the script version within the mission, and I use Headless Client, the AI managed by headless should get VCOM script from the mission file? Or should I use the mod on the Headless also. I'm having difficulty telling if VCOM is running for AI managed groups on the headless client. I disabled Vehicles use so i dont have any great indicators AI are using VCOM. Is there an entry in the rpt of the headless that I can see or some other way to tell? Thanks.

Remove disableAI "WeaponAim"

The bug has been fixe in Yesterday DEV update

5 hours ago, Moon_chilD said:

@genesis92x Thanks for the fix update. I appreciate your work and dedication alot. 

However, after @towatai fixed it in his edited version some time ago, the script error about the AIMenu it back in your version: 

652FD3DAACD39E3B65DBF4F93E3E3B8960D2AD0E

Thank you for the screenshot!

VCOM_AIINGAMEMENU = false;    is defined in the userconfig file as the first line and in the VCOMAI_DefaultSetting.sqf file, did you update your userconfig file by chance? Look for my grumpy commented line :)

5 hours ago, pikey said:

Hi, I'm being a little dense. If I use the script version within the mission, and I use Headless Client, the AI managed by headless should get VCOM script from the mission file? Or should I use the mod on the Headless also. I'm having difficulty telling if VCOM is running for AI managed groups on the headless client. I disabled Vehicles use so i dont have any great indicators AI are using VCOM. Is there an entry in the rpt of the headless that I can see or some other way to tell? Thanks.

Correct, if you are using the script version all Headless clients will execute VcomAI just fine. Definitely do not mix the scripts with the mods! The best way to tell, without using commands, would be to have the headless client spawn AI on a ridge, or in a town, and see if they change formation.

The other best way is to use Zeus and see if they are generating waypoints. The AI will generate waypoints to flank if they do not have any other waypoints or just a single MOVE waypoint.

2 hours ago, Erendil said:

Remove disableAI "WeaponAim"

The bug has been fixe in Yesterday DEV update

That's good to hear!

Is there a chance for an option similar to ASR AI or bCombat, it's about removing NVG in a day or all? Night Vision Googles stupidly look like helmets on a day or in WW2 soldiers.

1 hour ago, Pyjter said:

Is there a chance for an option similar to ASR AI or bCombat, it's about removing NVG in a day or all? Night Vision Googles stupidly look like helmets on a day or in WW2 soldiers.

Put this in  your init.sqf

{if (_x IsKindof 'Man')
    then {_x unlinkItem hmd _x};
}foreach allunits;

Hi, I downloaded the new update and updated the default settings, but when running that or unedited from your dropbox, it doesn't seem to be working properly anymore. The AI aren't generating any waypoints on their own (I did the two groups, 1 waypoint each test), and the hearing and radio for help distances don't have any effect (they just stand their 50m away behind a wall ignoring their friends dieing). They are leaning around corners though (don't think that's vanilla), and the rank/ skill changes seem to be working, I have a "Special Forces" and a "Terrorist" Rank/Skill setting and the special forces are winning consistently. This is on Windows Dedi btw

7 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

Hi, I downloaded the new update and updated the default settings, but when running that or unedited from your dropbox, it doesn't seem to be working properly anymore. The AI aren't generating any waypoints on their own (I did the two groups, 1 waypoint each test), and the hearing and radio for help distances don't have any effect (they just stand their 50m away behind a wall ignoring their friends dieing). They are leaning around corners though (don't think that's vanilla), and the rank/ skill changes seem to be working, I have a "Special Forces" and a "Terrorist" Rank/Skill setting and the special forces are winning consistently. This is on Windows Dedi btw

I've reported this problem to Genesis a month ago and after some test, we find the cause. He is looking for a fix.

In the meantime, you can use this workaround :

go to the directory VCOMAI\functions and delete VCOMAI_ClosestAllyWarn.sqf

rename VCOMAI_ClosestAllyWarnOLD.sqf in VCOMAI_ClosestAllyWarn.sqf

It will work like before the update in September.

Hearing is bugged too, the ai react to bullet flying around them or landing next to them but not to gunshots sounds. It least not to sound made by other ai.

In that domain, Bcombat is still the best.

Thanks, so that fixes them not generating waypoints? can you confirm the "call for help" function is not working as well or only the "hearing" function?

@genesis92x Hey, is there a way to tweak accuracy for units manning a static weapon? My Machinegunners have been getting sniped by SPGs xD

10 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

Thanks, so that fixes them not generating waypoints? can you confirm the "call for help" function is not working as well or only the "hearing" function?

It fix the call for help but not the hearing.

It also fix a bug with the mortar team not firing

On 2.12.2017 at 8:01 PM, genesis92x said:

Thank you for the screenshot!

VCOM_AIINGAMEMENU = false;    is defined in the userconfig file as the first line and in the VCOMAI_DefaultSetting.sqf file, did you update your userconfig file by chance? Look for my grumpy commented line :)

I'm so sorry @genesis92x and you have all right to be fed up with this topic. I was for SURE I already had this line in my Userconfig. So sure, that in my stupidness I did not check it. So, all blame to me :3