genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Hey, I'm planning on using VCom in my unit again and have one question: Is there a benefit (other than having to load the mod) of using the script version over the Mod version? Or is it just convenience? 

On 10/3/2017 at 2:03 AM, Moon_chilD said:

Hey, I'm planning on using VCom in my unit again and have one question: Is there a benefit (other than having to load the mod) of using the script version over the Mod version? Or is it just convenience? 

Buried in the mod is a version of the script, so essentially they are the same product except the mod (and script optionally) search a separate source for customising it's parameters (i.e. userconfig). We use a custom script framework and we naturally added VCOM into this which helps us manage it more efficiently. But to keep things simple you might choose the mod over the script.

• Like 1

Hi
The good old insta-detection by AI is back. If I fire something within the gunshot hearing range I am instantly detected (knowsabout 4) and fired upon. I think it started with the late august updates.
Also if VCOM_VehicleUse = true then:
...x isequalto []} && {_x distance _unit < |VCOM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!(locked _x...
undefined varialbe in vcom_aidistancevehpath
undefined varialbe in vcom_aiingamemenu

Outstanding work! I keep getting a 

error undefined variable in expression _ closestenemy

VCOMAI/Functions/VCOMAI_PlaceMine.sqf line 62

Is there only certain mine types that can be placed that will be used by vcom. For instance the rhs  mines or the newer mines made by Idap dlc

I have loved this mod forever but I have ran into a major problem, my unit runs the star wars mod on our server as well as VcomAI. We are having an issue with this because the suppression effect happens a lot of the time, even when no one has fired for a minute. I have went into the code to edit and change it with no success. I turned true to false on suppress and adrenaline.

What should I do?

EDIT: Could I in theory just delete the VCOMAI_SuppressedEffect.sqf and any relation to it? I only want to do this if it is my only viable option.

EDIT #2: I took out all relevance of the SuppressedEffect and now everything works just fine.

Does anyone else get the following spammed in their rpt files?

16:54:41 Error in expression <_Unit getVariable ["NOAI",false] || !(local _unit)>
16:54:41   Error position: <|| !(local _unit)>
16:54:41   Error ||: Type Number, expected Bool

Or is it something I've done to cause this. Honestly when testing the mission in the editor the black error box never goes away 

Hi Genesis. I have been having issues trying to get Hold waypoint to force Garrison in VCOM using script side. I don't know what is wrong. I was hoping its something fixable. I always hoped you could make some form of module in editor and Zeus. that can control that. Please let me know if you have this problem too. I was placing the waypoint on some bunkers on Malden in bunkers and houses. and nothing. 

Can we turn on/off certain functions mid mission?

Eg I would like to turn on AI mortar usage only midway through the mission

Just to add to my ALiVE question, is it supposed to be NOAI or VCOM_NOAI? It looks like I've been using VCOM_NOAI in the init of placed units and that seems to work but both don't seem to work for pilots.

EDIT:

There seems to be a difference with github and non-github version of the script. for github it is NOAI while non-ghithub version it is VCOM_NOAI (unless I'm reading the wrong thing)

If i were to make a SP mission compatible with VCOM mod (to make it optional), which one should I be setting? or should I just do both?

Can semi-confirm that the AI is back to instant detection. I have noticed when in Zeus and observing players moving on an AI position that the AI gets alerted when players get inside a radius of the AI. I can't tell you what the radius is at the moment but they are going from patrolling to guns up and ready. This has been seen on more than one occasion when the players were on the other side of a ridge on Tanoa through the jungle away from the enemy AI. Also in looking on the same visual plane as the AI there is no way they have been able to see through the ridgeline or the foliage to detect the player that was moving through the area the AI is patrolling.

6 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Does anyone know how to prevent friendly AI From stealing vehicles at base?

Does turning off ai vehicle use in the script/mod settings/userconfig not work?

Perhaps lock the vehicle and addAction to lock/unlock?

20:22:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: vcom_aidistancevehpath
20:22:01 Error in expression <x isEqualTo []} && {_x distance _Unit < VCOM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!(locked _x >
20:22:01   Error position: <VCOM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!(locked _x >
20:22:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: vcom_aidistancevehpath
20:22:01 Error in expression <x isEqualTo []} && {_x distance _Unit < VCOM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!(locked _x >

I get this error 20xxx in mission night

can you help me?

i´am working on a solution RIGHT now.. straight at this moment :don9: pls try following, replace inside the AIBEHAVIORNEW.fsm the "VCOM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH" with a real number like 200. if you use the mod-version, re-PBO all and watch your RPT. it seems to work for an hour here on my server. it seems that the current steam-workshop version is different from the armaholic-version. there are many different files between those 2 versions...

hello there, i want to ask something really important. i have mission with zombie and demons mod the question is simple, did someone know how can i disable VCOMAI on dynamically spawned zombie units? i spawn them via module, i tried to place this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; but of course this is not going to work on dynamically spawned zombies, how can disable vcomai on module?

Question:

How do I prevent the VCOM AI from using vehicles I don't intend them to use?

My simulations now look like a Mad Max movie.

okay, i think i fixed the problem with zombies and demons and VCOM AI mod, can you give me permissions to upload hotfix on steam workshop? i just want to add this on my own mod in the future.

On 18/10/2017 at 1:59 AM, JD Wang said:

Does anyone else get the following spammed in their rpt files?

16:54:41 Error in expression <_Unit getVariable ["NOAI",false] || !(local _unit)>
16:54:41   Error position: <|| !(local _unit)>
16:54:41   Error ||: Type Number, expected Bool

Or is it something I've done to cause this. Honestly when testing the mission in the editor the black error box never goes away 

Same here. Took a quick look, but I couldn't track down what's causing the unit to be perceived as a number (especially when default variable for getVariable is boolean).