genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Smoke works fine with latest VCOM for me.

@eldari  I would say that one of your other mods (Exile perhaps) may be causing a conflict.

7 hours ago, autigergrad said:

Smoke works fine with latest VCOM for me.

@eldari  I would say that one of your other mods (Exile perhaps) may be causing a conflict.

Someone on the Exile forums is actually how I found out about this addon. They are running DMS, Occupation, and VEMF with Exile.
Do the AI spawned by DMS need to be spawned with smoke grenades/shells in their inventory in order to use them? Or does the script generate those for them?
I tried it both ways, spawning them with grenades and without, and I've also not seen them use mines or call in artillery, even though I've spawned them with radios and apers mines.

Here is a pastebin to my defaultsettings.sqf
https://pastebin.com/5BRfJrxC

Edit: Very weird, After shooting a Mk200 at a group of about 30 ai for 2-3 minutes straight, I finally saw a single green smoke get popped, with the percentage set at 100. I am thoroughly confused now
Edit2: After another hour of trying missions, I finally got another AI to toss a smoke grenade, green again, even though they all have blue,purple and green. I had DMS set to offload AI to clients, so I disabled that thinking it might work, but no joy.

Is anyone else having weird problems, when you hit the ESCAPE button ?

My missions lock up with the latest version when I hit escape.

I know its going to be a clash with some other script somewhere.

• Like 2

You have to hit escape twice in the current build as vcom options come up on the upper right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

You have to hit escape twice in the current build as vcom options come up on the upper right.

Thats not the problem, you hit escape and the menu flashes up for a split second.

You cant select any of the menu options, its like its locked out.

At the moment, Im thinking theres something clashing with other scripts Im using.

• Like 1

Just had the same issue @kaysio was mentioning, trying to hit the escape key to respawn, the VCOM button appears and the escape menu disappears. I had to hold down escape so it kept flickering and then click my mouse rapidly over the respawn button to get it to work.

Not sure why it would be fighting like that?

Also while testing a mission i had a truck load of enemies roll up behind me, debus and start fighting which was really cool. But then they wanted to load back up in the truck, then get back out.

It seems like getting into a vehicle when they're not actively firing is too high a priority for them.

• Like 3

I can confirm the flickering escape button issue.  It's funny though because it's not on every map.  Have Sangin on my dedi and it pops right up.  Try Takistan and Clafghan...I get the flickering menu.

its definitely VCOM because issue is gone when I remove VCOM 

On 9/16/2017 at 1:48 PM, kaysio said:

Is anyone else having weird problems, when you hit the ESCAPE button ?

My missions lock up with the latest version when I hit escape.

I know its going to be a clash with some other script somewhere.

Hey guys,

For anyone who is having this issue....here is a quick fix.

Use the VCOM Script version and in the VCOM folder...go into functions and delete the EditMenuInit SQF.  This will eliminate the in game VCOM menu and remove the flickering problem.  Rest of VCOM works fine and you can just change the settings in the folder rather than ingame.

Can use this as a workaround until Genesis fixes the issue.

• Like 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x11kouwv70mbi4s/VcomAI.Tanoa.zip?dl=0

Here is a quick script-version I threw together a few minutes before work. Let me know if it fixes the ESC menu bug. By default it is now OFF and can be enabled dynamically throughout the mission by setting up a simple radio trigger, addaction, or other script. This also looks to mitigate some of the issues of AI stealing empty vehicles.

If it works alright, I will add more fixes tomorrow and have it officially released on Thursday! It will be one of the last few updates before I run back to working on Dissension.

Thanks!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, genesis92x said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x11kouwv70mbi4s/VcomAI.Tanoa.zip?dl=0

Here is a quick script-version I threw together a few minutes before work. Let me know if it fixes the ESC menu bug. By default it is now OFF and can be enabled dynamically throughout the mission by setting up a simple radio trigger, addaction, or other script. This also looks to mitigate some of the issues of AI stealing empty vehicles.

If it works alright, I will add more fixes tomorrow and have it officially released on Thursday! It will be one of the last few updates before I run back to working on Dissension.

Thanks!

Any idea on how we can help troubleshoot smoke grenades almost never being thrown? Possibly an issue with Exile? Willing to provide anything you need.

Hi guys,

as I have written before, this is, what ai crews do all the time with VCOM.

Spoiler

219yw69.png
2ir9nbb.png

Tested it with and without addons with no difference.
Tried turning off these functions:
//AI will automatically disembark from vehicles when in combat.
//Should the AI consider stealing/using empty ground vehicles?
which also made no difference.

This issue is also present in the 2.9 version of VCOM.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:56 AM, genesis92x said:

Here is a quick script-version I threw together a few minutes before work. Let me know if it fixes the ESC menu bug.

Unfortunately I am still having to hold down the ESC key and click around to get the menu to remain on screen.

On a different topic, I'm seeing this in my error report log:

20:58:33 Error in expression <e];};
if (!(isNull _ConsideringUnit) && !(_Disabled)) then
{
if (side _Consider>
20:58:33   Error position: <!(_Disabled)) then
{
if (side _Consider>
20:58:33   Error !: Type Number, expected Bool
20:58:33 File C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Bell\missions\ALTIS-CSAT-CAMPAIGN-VCOM.Altis\VCOMAI\Functions\VcomAI_QueueHandle.sqf, line 10

Appreciate your continued support on VCOM.

On 9/20/2017 at 5:39 AM, Lothear said:

Hi guys,

as I have written before, this is, what ai crews do all the time with VCOM.

Hide contents

219yw69.png
2ir9nbb.png

Tested it with and without addons with no difference.
Tried turning off these functions:
//AI will automatically disembark from vehicles when in combat.
//Should the AI consider stealing/using empty ground vehicles?
which also made no difference.

This issue is also present in the 2.9 version of VCOM.

Did you edit the AI SETTING file to change the way they function in a vehicle during combat?

3 hours ago, Nichols said:

Did you edit the AI SETTING file to change the way they function in a vehicle during combat?

Yes and no.

All I usually change is the settings based on rank, but otherwise I leave it as it is.

When I encountered this behaviour I tried truning all these vehicle functions off with no visible effect.

This behaviour happens regardless of versions or changes in the config (even if you leave it as it is). I have also tried redownloading it several times from several different sources (dropbox, steam and armaholic) with no change.

4 hours ago, Lothear said:

Yes and no.

All I usually change is the settings based on rank, but otherwise I leave it as it is.

When I encountered this behaviour I tried truning all these vehicle functions off with no visible effect.

This behaviour happens regardless of versions or changes in the config (even if you leave it as it is). I have also tried redownloading it several times from several different sources (dropbox, steam and armaholic) with no change.

Thanks for the report! I fixed the issue for the next update.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

Thanks for the report! I fixed the issue for the next update.

Great to hear that, thanks, Genesis!

Hello! Here is another bug fix update.

-Removed in-game editing menu as it was causing too many issues with other mods.

-AI squads will now properly disembark vehicles and helicraft

-Improved AI vehicle behavior (Drivers/gunners will no longer jump out of vehicles unless the vehicle is severely damaged)

-AI cover system improved, AI will now take more chances in trying to reach cover.

-AI will be more aggressive.

Vcom AI version 2.92 MOD

Vcom AI version 2.92 SCRIPTS

This will be my last update to Vcom for quite some time :D!

• Like 12

I came to ask if there was a script version available and bam, there it is, updated and ready, thanks! :)

Hi, i am running this mod on my exile server and today i see that my RPT is flooded with following error:

Error in expression <x isEqualTo []} && {_x distance _Unit < VCOM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!(locked _x >
Error position: <VCOM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH} && {!(locked _x >
Error Undefined variable in expression: vcom_aidistancevehpath

Script version still have debug message (like Distance=900) in the dialogue