genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Maybe another problem here:

When AI are driving vehicles, all exit the vehicle expect for the driver.

Then it just sits there not moving with the ai driver just sitting there.

Problem with the options menu button.

I have also ACE and RHS installed and they have option menu buttons as well.

I've noticed than when I select the ACE options menu, the VCOM AI Options Menu Button is still visible on the screen after having closed the ACE options window.

I have to press escape an extra time to remove it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

genesis92x

Top Work!

Thanks for the updates!!

Thank you :) 

18 hours ago, gavc said:

Great work on adding the options menu btw, much easy to change and test when on the server now. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Getting an error on new version, Appears in the editor .

filelocation\VCOMAI\defines.hpp, line 59: .RscText Member already defined.

#define ST_HUD_BACKGROUND 0x80

Great work on adding the options menu btw, much easy to change and test when on the server now. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Gav

Hm, is this with the mod or script version? I will be making the Options menu only show up if you are the admin of the server (logged in, not voted) and/or the actual server. This should hide a lot of the problems with the menu from most players until I find a better solution.

17 hours ago, kremator said:

I running becti with mod version of Vcom and I'm not seeing any real loss of fps on my dedi server.  Well done! 

10 hours ago, kremator said:

Hmmm potential bad news however.  I came back to my server after it running for 8 hours on becti (above) and all but 2 AI leaders were stationary .. all lying prone.  Investigating further.

Thanks!! That's great to hear. The lying prone issues seems to be something when the AI gets hit and ducks for cover. Then never stands back up! It will be hotfixed later tomorrow night.

10 hours ago, kaysio said:

Maybe another problem here:

When AI are driving vehicles, all exit the vehicle expect for the driver.

Then it just sits there not moving with the ai driver just sitting there.

I will be looking more into the driving AI tomorrow - seems to have gotten worse :( 

9 hours ago, stlassen said:

Problem with the options menu button.

I have also ACE and RHS installed and they have option menu buttons as well.

I've noticed than when I select the ACE options menu, the VCOM AI Options Menu Button is still visible on the screen after having closed the ACE options window.

I have to press escape an extra time to remove it.

I will be making the Options menu only show up if you are the admin of the server (logged in, not voted) and/or the actual server. This should hide a lot of the problems with the menu from most players until I find a better solution.

• Like 3

When it comes to the AI calling for help, could there perhaps be an option for them to only do so if they have anything in their radio slot?

36 minutes ago, Freddo3000 said:

When it comes to the AI calling for help, could there perhaps be an option for them to only do so if they have anything in their radio slot?

If they don't have a radio, they shouldn't be called in for support already

The options menu button also shows up in the Arsenal after having tried a loadout, pressing escape to get out of "Try" and back into the Arsenal.

3 hours ago, genesis92x said:

If they don't have a radio, they shouldn't be called in for support already

Huh, neat.

So im trying this out with the old East Wind campaign and so far its great -really like the AI demolitionists - but ive had a few problems were AI just stop taking orders. Meaning they'll respond verbally, change stance etc but will not move for anything. I am running some other mods so not certain its coming from here but wondering if anyone else had experienced that

There is a bug in the new 2.9 version. In-game options menu, that green button, causes problems. It wants to stay on top and prevent any action before I press ESC, this a noticed in Virtual Arsenal. In MP mission I couldn't respawn because ESC made the menu flicker. This happened after I went in to the new options menu.

PS. UI background image in the new configuration window looks really cheap.

1 hour ago, LoneGunner1974 said:

There is a bug in the new 2.9 version. In-game options menu, that green button, causes problems. It wants to stay on top and prevent any action before I press ESC, this a noticed in Virtual Arsenal. In MP mission I couldn't respawn because ESC made the menu flicker. This happened after I went in to the new options menu.

PS. UI background image in the new configuration window looks really cheap.

That is being addressed now :)

Also, I don't care about it looking cheap. You could help and provide me with a nice texture then :D! 

• Like 1

VCOM AIV2.91 MOD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvgmnrzy8vbwb3l/VcomAIV2.91MOD.zip?dl=0

VCOM AIV2.91SCRIPT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4c8cqo78ed2dowx/VcomAIV2.91SCRIPT.zip?dl=0

Vcom AI Changelog 9/11/2017
*Fixed* AI will properly disembark vehicles, most of the time.
*Changed* AI will now only call in an appropriate amount of reinforcements.
*Changed* AI have a cooldown to how often they can call in reinforcements (per-region basis)
*Fixed* AI will no longer hug the ground for the rest of their lives after combat. PTSD is a serious thing and proper therapy needs more funding.
*Fixed* Aircraft transporting AI will now attempt to unload the troops, even if under fire. They used to wait until it was perfectly safe before.
*Fixed* Config errors
*Changed* VCOM In-game options dialog now only shows if you are an admin. It is now, by default, in the top right corner of the screen and will appear only if the player mouses over that area.

• Like 8

I thought I would mention this....

VCOM AI will allow for CUP or RHS units carrying the tripod backpack (not the weapon backpack) to deploy their static weapons when in combat.  I have tested and confirmed this.  If you'd like to see how it works I created this CUP Takistani (Taliban) Militia faction that has mortar and heavy machine gun support via tripod backpacks.  One of the more impressive additions to ARMA by any AI mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132785548

• Like 2

Only VCOM loaded -no other mods. At some point AI just fail to stop moving -this is 5th time thru mission. One note is that at some point ive given them all STOP commands as I use that pretty frequently - dont know if thats anything to do with this bug. Also you still need to press Esc twice to exit Vcom settings and get back to action.

Edit:Also only seems to happen after combat has taken place

Gonna test this myself (using C2 by mad_cheese)

EDIT:  Something really wierd is happening .... I got into an armed Hunter and drove off to the AO.  On getting there a couple of friendly guys got in (as gunner and passenger - very nice!) HOWEVER when I got out as driver it teleported me to where they first got in (about 500m back!)  Can someone confirm?

EDIT:  it looks like they are obsessed with vehicles now ... I've got a combat medic running around my hunter trying to get in - cheeky sod !  They are also commandeering vehicles but not moving (can the vehicles actually move?)

FURTHER EDIT:  They do love their use of static weapons - however it is VERY difficult to get teams to get back our again (when you give them a move order) - playing BECTI here BTW

• Like 2

On my quick test :

A.I.  now exits vehicles without any problems

A.I.  steals your own vehicles if your not careful, that also includes the enemy stealing your own vehicles and using them against you - which is a nice feature.

Ive had a couple of times the A.I. just freezes in what they meant to be doing - more likely problems on my end.

• Like 1

Hi
Thank you for the best AI Arma can have!
With the 2.91 mod version I am getting a lot of this. I did not get this error with the script version from a week ago.
cp5yiDt.jpg

20 hours ago, kaysio said:

A.I.  steals your own vehicles if your not careful, that also includes the enemy stealing your own vehicles and using them against you - which is a nice feature.

A nice feature - but they shouldn't be able to it IF you are in the vehicle (or if you lock it)

My main problem was 3 AI groups not moving from a disabled (or certainly not moving on a steep slope!) vehicle, effectively taking them out of the battle instead of transporting them into the battle!

• Like 1

tried the system out on local machine today, wow love the use of supports!

does the use of (_unit forcespeed -1) have any noticeable effect?

• Like 1

Found a bug, maybe...

I don't know if this only happens to me but I have encountered some strange behaviour - the apc crew in mechanized group likes to disembark with the rest of the infantry group when they approach an enemy. If the comamnder doesn't have any infantry members under his command then it works fine. I haven't encountered this in previous versions so I think this might be connected to the new ai use of vehicles.

Loaded up the VCOMAI script version, using the defaultsettings.sqf (infistar doesnt like filepatching) and everything seems to work except smoke grenades. They get in vehicles (but wont drive away) and they peek corners, use cover, flank, etc. I thought maybe I had to spawn them in DMS with smoke grenades, but even with a green, blue, and purple smoke on every AI, they never pop smoke even when I'm standing in a group of 30 of them.

Currently running DMS, Occupation, ZCP (No Zeus), and now VcomAI , on an Exile Altis server. (OSG Altis if you care to test)

It also broke my roaming attack helicopters (Occupation), but I'm less concerned with that than I am with the only feature I wanted (popping smoke) not working. Any ideas?