genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

23 hours ago, kremator said:

Yeah stop interrupting genesis92x ... he's got Dissension to update :)  (see my subtle hint there?)

Haha :) I can't wait to sit down and finish Dissension. after this coming Tuesday I actually have two days off work! So I plan on finishing Vcom and getting back to Dissension then.

6 hours ago, gavc said:

great work...

watched your youtube video earlier today, great work on optimisation. Will include it in our groups mission this weekend. Running about 100-150 AI on the map, can't wait to see how it holds up.

Gav

Perfect! Thank you :) It will help a lot I hope!

4 hours ago, kaysio said:

Got the latest in my Insurgency missions and running with no problems here.

That's great news, thank you.

• Like 2

Does Vcom AI reacts to players IR lasers?

We had a debate, whether we are overcautious ;)

23 minutes ago, starcos said:

Does Vcom AI reacts to players IR lasers?

We had a debate, whether we are overcautious ;)

I have not coded it to do so...but...this is an interesting idea with AI that have NVG's...

• Like 3

So are you saying that AI can't see IR lasers when they have NVG's?

I've always told people for the past few years that they could see them- I assumed that they were treated like a 'flashlight' for AI detection.

Could there be added a way (even a Zeus module or something, for MP enemy AI, I know of C2 adding it for allies) to make the AI use their own lasers? 

Is there a way to alter the accuracy of the artillery/mortar crew? I love using arty against players, but it kinda sucks for them if it's so accurate.

It'd be great if there was some way to control the random variance of it using the VCOMAI_defaultsettings.sqf or alternatively have some control over how often the arty fires, so for instance, only allow AI arty support calls every 5 minutes?

edit... reducing the ammo count and skill of the mortar crew seems to help at least.

Gav

Edited by gavc

On 9/4/2017 at 4:34 AM, jarrad96 said:

So are you saying that AI can't see IR lasers when they have NVG's?

I've always told people for the past few years that they could see them- I assumed that they were treated like a 'flashlight' for AI detection.

Could there be added a way (even a Zeus module or something, for MP enemy AI, I know of C2 adding it for allies) to make the AI use their own lasers? 

In my tests today the AI did NOT notice them. So I went ahead and added in detection for this. Players will have to be careful where they are shining their IR lasers in the next update...

11 hours ago, gavc said:

Is there a way to alter the accuracy of the artillery/mortar crew? I love using arty against players, but it kinda sucks for them if it's so accurate.

It'd be great if there was some way to control the random variance of it using the VCOMAI_defaultsettings.sqf or alternatively have some control over how often the arty fires, so for instance, only allow AI arty support calls every 5 minutes?

edit... reducing the ammo count and skill of the mortar crew seems to help at least.

Gav

In the next version you will have much more control over this, and their general accuracy and volume of fire has been changed.

--------------

The last thing on my agenda is to improve vehicle behaviors. Working with vehicles tends to be a bloody nightmare. After this, hopefully tomorrow*TM

I will be releasing the new version of Vcom.

• Like 10

Hi @genesis92x

I appreciate and accept that formally you are not responsible for TPWCAS, so I would understand if you would decline to comment. I thought I would ask just in case.

So we have script versions of VCOM_AI and TPWCAS side by side and we have done our best to configure both so they get an equal grab of the AI behaviour under certain conditions. Would you however have any comments about whether this is a wise idea or not?

Try Porquerolles Island map for the workshop, it's very good for CQB test.

Also, the lastest version of General's war for the workshop, modified with VCOMAI script, is also impressive for CQB test and big ai team test (more than 20 members). It's also an heavy scripted mission with spawn and despawn that bugged before with ai mod but now, it's ok with new vcomai.

21 hours ago, genesis92x said:

The last thing on my agenda is to improve vehicle behaviors. Working with vehicles tends to be a bloody nightmare. After this, hopefully tomorrow*TM

I will be releasing the new version of Vcom.

arma updated today did that ruin your plans? :don11:

5 hours ago, Coul said:

I hope not - looking forward to an upgraded version of this awesome AI enhancement - thanx for your great work genesis!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 8:11 PM, anfo said:

Hi @genesis92x

I appreciate and accept that formally you are not responsible for TPWCAS, so I would understand if you would decline to comment. I thought I would ask just in case.

So we have script versions of VCOM_AI and TPWCAS side by side and we have done our best to configure both so they get an equal grab of the AI behaviour under certain conditions. Would you however have any comments about whether this is a wise idea or not?

Largely they should be fine with careful configuration. VCOM works more deeply on a micro level (for the most part) so it directly works with forcing the AI to move to cover/flank/use explosives, etc. If TPWCAS attempts to force the AI into cover (more than just changing their unit stance) they will conflict. So you just have to make sure only one is handling specific tasks.

Overall I'd argue against mixing AI mods, however, I believe it's more about minimizing the 'damage' in terms of FPS hits and overloading the AI.

11 hours ago, Erendil said:

Try Porquerolles Island map for the workshop, it's very good for CQB test.

Also, the lastest version of General's war for the workshop, modified with VCOMAI script, is also impressive for CQB test and big ai team test (more than 20 members). It's also an heavy scripted mission with spawn and despawn that bugged before with ai mod but now, it's ok with new vcomai.

Ooohh that's good news. I will have to give that a try again.

3 hours ago, reaper lok said:

I hope not - looking forward to an upgraded version of this awesome AI enhancement - thanx for your great work genesis!

8 hours ago, Coul said:

The update actually did little to foil any plans! Just my own lack of understanding when it comes to making mods. I am having a strange issue with packing up Vcom...I am currently trying to work on it now.

--------- 

Per usual I am running into an issue with the mod...I am getting the following errors:

ru2FcEW.png

This occurs when loading into ANY mission

b8HVchu.png

This occurs when loading into the lobby of a server.

Google searching around I could not find anyone else running into this issue. I am not sure what I did - these errors disappear once I remove the in-game options dialog? I have never had this issue with my others mods :< So until I can figure this out, I can't release tonight. Bah. If I need to, I will just remove the in-game controls dialog due to this issue. Interestingly enough, I never call for any of these pictures...

If anyone else has run into this issue, please let me know what I am doing :) Thanks!

• Like 1

Vcom V2.90 Release!

Vcom V2.90 Mod Release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4tkqdbcgonw197/VcomAIV2.90MOD.zip?dl=0

Vcom V2.90 Script Release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w75y7zygxdy2u8/VcomAIV2.90SCRIPT.zip?dl=0

Vcom V2.90 Steam Release: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721359761

CHANGE LOG: Contains most-ish of the changes.

*Optimized* Checkbag function improved in terms of speed
*Optimized* Deploy static and disassemble static speed improved
*Optimized* FSM system has been optimized for faster performance.
*Optimized* Placing mines and satchels on structures has been optimized. The AI no longer need to leave the group either.
*Optimized* Changed several functions from 'spawn' to 'call' to decrease possible script-lag.
*Added* VCOM_FPSFreeze in userconfig file for disabling Vcom on units when server FPS drops below a certain level
*Added* VCOM_LeaderExecuteLimit variable in userconfig file to limit the # of leaders executing commands at once.
*Added* VCOM_BasicCheckLimit variable in userconfig file to limit the # of units executing basic commands at once.
*Added* VCOM_DisableDistance variable in userconfig file to disable Vcom AI on units when the enemy is over this distance.
*Added* Side based skill settings in userconfig file.
*Added* Classname specific skill settings in userconfig file.
*Added* Artillery cooldown timer in userconfig file.
*Added* Artillery dispersion range in userconfig file.
*Added* VCOM_WaypointDistance variable in userconfig file. This variable controls how far AI commanders can set waypoints from their targeted area.
*Added* AI will go prone when struck by a projectile.
*Added* Dynamic static weapon support for mods

*Added* In-game options menu when pressing ESC to change VCOM on the fly.
*Changed* AI Artillery will now take into account the size of the squad when determining how many rounds to fire.
*Changed* AI Garrison consider range increased to 50 meters.
*Changed* AI will patrol inside garrisoned structures now while on a HOLD waypoint.
*Changed* Slightly improved behavior of AI in vehicles
*Changed* this setvariable ["NOAI",true]; changed to this setvariable ["VCOM_NOAI",true]; !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone! Any reported bugs/issues will be worked into a hotfix later in the week.

• Like 14

So happy to see this. Vcom is such a great mod, It makes Arma much more enjoyable to play. Almost like playing with other players.

Hey @genesis92x just trying the new version, seems pretty sweet. Only issue is when I hit escape I got an error about the VCOM button missing, and now whenever I hit escape it flashes up the escape menu then closes back into the game again. 

STUCK IN ARMA SEND HALP!!!1

I'm using the script version btw 

The exact error is 

Resource VCOM_ESCButton not found

Hi @JD Wang,

I'm sure you've seen this but I'll throw it out there anyway. Looks like there is new description.ext entries, have you added those?

Well bugger me, that's probably what it is.
So used to not needing that 

Great work on adding the options menu btw, much easy to change and test when on the server now. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Getting an error on new version, Appears in the editor .

filelocation\VCOMAI\defines.hpp, line 59: .RscText Member already defined.

#define ST_HUD_BACKGROUND 0x80

Great work on adding the options menu btw, much easy to change and test when on the server now. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Gav

• Like 1

I running becti with mod version of Vcom and I'm not seeing any real loss of fps on my dedi server.  Well done! 

• Like 2

Hmmm potential bad news however.  I came back to my server after it running for 8 hours on becti (above) and all but 2 AI leaders were stationary .. all lying prone.  Investigating further.

• Like 1