genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

I agree with everything that JD just said, except dragging may be a bit overkill, dependant on the performance impact/ bugginess?

I've also found the Hold/Garrison function in Zeus to be rather inconsistent, and troops seem to regularly wander away from the marker, which is set above a building, and I've had them wander up to 4-500M from the mark before in the direction of players- would there be a way to force them to the hold the garrison inside the building?

Also some way to make the AI supports more reasonable would be nice- they don't seem to take into account the size of the enemy force, so I've had times where the AI has fired 230MM rocket barrages (as in, 4-12 rockets or more) at 2-3 infantrymen. 

On 7/25/2017 at 4:46 PM, jarrad96 said:

I agree with everything that JD just said, except dragging may be a bit overkill, dependant on the performance impact/ bugginess?

I've also found the Hold/Garrison function in Zeus to be rather inconsistent, and troops seem to regularly wander away from the marker, which is set above a building, and I've had them wander up to 4-500M from the mark before in the direction of players- would there be a way to force them to the hold the garrison inside the building?

Also some way to make the AI supports more reasonable would be nice- they don't seem to take into account the size of the enemy force, so I've had times where the AI has fired 230MM rocket barrages (as in, 4-12 rockets or more) at 2-3 infantrymen. 

What? When you see a spider in your house you DON'T burn the entire place down?

The artillery - can the requesting of support - is something that does need some work :)

• Like 3

On 7/25/2017 at 6:16 AM, genesis92x said:

I will be focusing on optimizations/improvements and then possibly adding a new feature here and there. So post up your ideas and etc.

Thank you for taking the time!
A feature that I think is missing is that AI medics from any squad could heal any friendly unit. Including player and ACE medical compability. Currently it only seems to work inside the squad. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:07 AM, b0s said:

Thank you for taking the time!
A feature that I think is missing is that AI medics from any squad could heal any friendly unit. Including player and ACE medical compability. Currently it only seems to work inside the squad. 

I know that has been requested for a long time. I have hoped for a medic system that functions in AI mods. To be honest if we are in a situation where we are fighting AI and then we disengage but remain within eye sight of the AI to try and medically assist it's wounded then the AI will probably stay in combat mode and not try and pick their guys up. They would have to know to throw smoke have someone, medic or other infantry, drag them to safety to work on them. If that could be achieved that would be awesome. probably have to implement ai types for base game and some of the more popular mods such as medics for each faction in rhs, project opfor, and Syrian conflict, and  CUP.

I have an idea that may be equally as difficult but I know it has been done before. An AI mod that has long since been abandoned and was way subpar in terms of AI combat behavior had a couple awesome features, that I believe would enhance gameplay for mission creators.

1st- A zeus, and eden module for command that is vcom specific, for garrison and patrol.

-The Mod I referenced had a command to garrison separate from ace or ares garrison, which would have its own ai garrison and switch garrison positions every 15/20 seconds (you chose setting) within a building, essentially causing them to patrol within the building. The problem I see is the garrison command can tend to ignore the AI mod that is being used in terms of combat effectiveness. you already have an awesome search building feature with AI it would just need to be adjusted I imagine so they don't leave their designated Garrison location and have some realistic dynamic movement throughout the building/buildings, and make a very zeus/mission creator friendly module placeable/syncable. I don't think there is a need to replace the search then garrison that ares provides.

-The patrol command I listed was also a feature that I saw, that if you set a unit to patrol an area it normally stuck to roads and followed them automatically, randomizing there routes accordingly in some way shape or form. so clicking on a building surrounded by main roads and sidestreets and setting the patrol radius would cause the AI to go on a patrol. If it was a building that was the center of the patrol it would patrol around the inner surround streets and occasionally side roads and if the radius was far enough the outer roads of the patrol area.

Cancel my the first suggestion. I was able to use hold waypoint in zeus while using ares-achilles expansion. I did notice they respond better on the vanilla maps of Stratis, Altis, and Malden, but Tanoa has issues due to the design of some of the buildings and CUP maps seem to act a little funny as well when units garrison the buildings. seldomly could I get the units to go to the second story of a building. I also noticed when the Hold waypoint command was given as soon as a squad got to the waypoint they broke up into individual squads for each unit. 

On 7/24/2017 at 11:16 PM, genesis92x said:

Sooooo, quick update for everyone. Starting August 1st I will begin working on Vcom AI again - Dissension is coming along greatly but some of the UI elements are taking longer than expected, so while I wait on the UI elements I will be working on good ol' Vcom AI :D.

august 26th now any updates?

Here is what I have been working on :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7u2v0200hh193v/VcomAI.Tanoa.zip?dl=0  - Make sure to update the userconfig folder, or prepare for a spam of error messages.

Mostly optimizations, further mod support, and plenty of options to configure the AI. I have started work on a PDF that will outline all the details of Vcom AI and how to manipulate them.

I would not say I am close to being done with the AI, but enjoy this test scripted version. Per usual, I will not release a modded version until I am happy with the mods status. A steam update will be dead last...

Change log from inside the ZIP

*Optimized* Checkbag function improved in terms of speed
*Optimized* Deploy static and disassemble static speed improved
*Optimized* FSM system has been optimized for faster performance.
*Optimized* Placing mines and satchels on structures has been optimized. The AI no longer need to leave the group either.
*Optimized* Changed several functions from 'spawn' to 'call' to decrease possible script-lag.
*Added* VCOM_FPSFreeze in userconfig file for disabling Vcom on units when server FPS drops below a certain level
*Added* VCOM_LeaderExecuteLimit variable in userconfig file to limit the # of leaders executing commands at once.
*Added* VCOM_BasicCheckLimit variable in userconfig file to limit the # of units executing basic commands at once.
*Added* VCOM_DisableDistance variable in userconfig file to disable Vcom AI on units when the enemy is over this distance.
*Added* Side based skill settings in userconfig file.
*Added* Classname specific skill settings in userconfig file.
*Added* Artillery cooldown timer in userconfig file.
*Added* Artillery dispersion range in userconfig file.
*Added* VCOM_WaypointDistance variable in userconfig file. This variable controls how far AI commanders can set waypoints from their targeted area.
*Added* AI will go prone when struck by a projectile.
*Added* Dynamic static weapon support for mods

Again, this is just a sneak peek version. This is not the final version, there is still much I wish to do. The biggest improvement so far is better support for large numbers of AI.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, kremator said:

Damn you @genesis92x, you should have waited a month :)  Looking forward to Dissension with this *COUGH*

I was playing Dissension yesterday, and the FPS improvement was quite noticeable :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Again, this is just a sneak peek version. This is not the final version, there is still much I wish to do. The biggest improvement so far is better support for large numbers of AI.

It's just a testing version, so for the mod version, release is on going. Exact ?

Thanks anyway for your continuous development.

• Like 1

I enjoy the script version. Please offer the script version as well as mod, she's working butter smooth. It's hilarious when you see enemy AI stealing vehicles and I even have them invading FORTRESS and MILITARY class locations. They even sneak on board the freedom carrier and steal helicopters! They have good flanking, detection, leaning and fire capabilities. I can't stand vanilla robotic ai where they stand planted, rotate, rotate, rotate, fire. These AI are a real challenge. Keep up the cool coding Genesis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, genesis92x said:

I was playing Dissension yesterday, and the FPS improvement was quite noticeable :) 

I keep looking at the GitHub (2+3 months old) :(  Love the firefights in Dissension so new VCOMAI will be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kremator said:

I keep looking at the GitHub (2+3 months old) :(  Love the firefights in Dissension so new VCOMAI will be great.

I am sorry :( I usually only have time to focus on 1 project at the same time. The good news is that VCOMAI is much, much, much quicker to work on. In 3 days of work I have completed some of the most difficult tasks. I will now be adding a few extra features, but that's it. Dissension needs my full undivided attention! The AI improvements will help Dissension, because it is designed to work with VCOMAI from the ground up. Squeezing as much FPS out as possible is extremely helpful...a little more AI here and there are always welcome :D

1 hour ago, breech99 said:

I enjoy the script version. Please offer the script version as well as mod, she's working butter smooth. It's hilarious when you see enemy AI stealing vehicles and I even have them invading FORTRESS and MILITARY class locations. They even sneak on board the freedom carrier and steal helicopters! They have good flanking, detection, leaning and fire capabilities. I can't stand vanilla robotic ai where they stand planted, rotate, rotate, rotate, fire. These AI are a real challenge. Keep up the cool coding Genesis.

1 hour ago, Jack Ost said:

It's just a testing version, so for the mod version, release is on going. Exact ?

Thanks anyway for your continuous development.

I will always update the mod version, but I don't waste my time with test versions. I really don't enjoy packing mods. For some reason, I find it difficult and annoying for no particular reason. I would even pay someone to do it for me (Modded version and steam version :D )

Thanks for nice feedback :) I always appreciate hearing that.

• Like 3

Looking forward to the new features.  Glad that you've been able to optimise VCOMAI !

• Like 2

Hi everyone, 

Will this work with Exile? The ai on there seem no where near as advanced as this. 

Thanks in advance

for the next mod version or next version of vcom ai is it possible to change the config to an sqf or something so we don't have to enable filepatching?
EDIT: that script version is amazing the optimizations are really noticable can't wait for the mod version :D

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 3:40 PM, m0nkee said:

Hi everyone, 

Will this work with Exile? The ai on there seem no where near as advanced as this. 

Thanks in advance

I have never tried Exile - so I am not sure. If it involves zombos, then probably not too well...depending on how they are spawned in.

6 hours ago, Coul said:

for the next mod version or next version of vcom ai is it possible to change the config to an sqf or something so we don't have to enable filepatching?
EDIT: that script version is amazing the optimizations are really noticable can't wait for the mod version :D

To my understanding, even changing it to an SQF wouldn't remove the requirement of having filepatching enabled. In the scripted version you can edit the defaultsettings.sqf and not need the userconfig folder.

The next Vcom update will be complete in one to two weeks from now...I have been working too much to sit down and work on ArmA this week :( 

• Like 2

Hi, is there a problem with mortars ?

The mortar team deployed the mortar but they never fired it.

It worked before and there is a lot of targets in a town.

tested new script version.

Genesis92x,

Is there anything in this mod that helps the AI react to being injured, healing each other, healing their player squad mates, and care under fire. Kind of like INS revive did?

Thanks,

Psychobastard's AIS revive works perfectly with VCOM_AI.  Also C2 by mad_cheese has the ability for your team to heal eachother and you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Erendil said:

Hi, is there a problem with mortars ?

The mortar team deployed the mortar but they never fired it.

It worked before and there is a lot of targets in a town.

tested new script version.

I will have to test this and report back - it could be possible that artillery no longer functions properly after the changes.

1 hour ago, Jnr4817 said:

Genesis92x,

Is there anything in this mod that helps the AI react to being injured, healing each other, healing their player squad mates, and care under fire. Kind of like INS revive did?

Thanks,

Currently AI units defined as medics will heal any unit close to them, in or out of their group, as long as they are NOT in combat.

41 minutes ago, kremator said:

Psychobastard's AIS revive works perfectly with VCOM_AI.  Also C2 by mad_cheese has the ability for your team to heal eachother and you!

^^^^^^^ This is also very true :) I would use other mods that were designed for that.

Yeah stop interrupting genesis92x ... he's got Dissension to update :)  (see my subtle hint there?)

• Like 1

great work...

watched your youtube video earlier today, great work on optimisation. Will include it in our groups mission this weekend. Running about 100-150 AI on the map, can't wait to see how it holds up.

Gav

Got the latest in my Insurgency missions and running with no problems here.