genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Wooha, cant wait to get out of the office today and try the update out, thanks!

3 hours ago, stephsen said:

nice changelog Genesis :slayer:

Thank you! Its a small one - but hopefully it helps :)

2 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

Wooha, cant wait to get out of the office today and try the update out, thanks!

Thank you! Let me know about bugs you encounter!

8 hours ago, twakkie said:

Just watcher your latest vids Genesis. Amazing work!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Latest version is outstanding.  Stress tested the hell out of it last night on our dedicated server.  Large scale firefights all night and FPS was solid, menu delay was nonexistent.  Awesome stuff.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Thanks for your great work, you did an amazing work with AIs, but I had some issues durring my tests. Sometime in CQC the AI is not firing even at close range, and i had many weird situations like this, the AI doesn't return fire at long range engagement (above 350m) is it normal or do I have some issues? I run no mod btw. 

And are they able to use personal Grenade launchers?

Hello Genesis. Thank you for the update.

The vanilla support modules still seem to be broken. Have you done any testing with it? Makes me think the issue may not be related to the scheduler.

Thanks 

13 hours ago, marez12 said:

Hello, 

Thanks for your great work, you did an amazing work with AIs, but I had some issues durring my tests. Sometime in CQC the AI is not firing even at close range, and i had many weird situations like this, the AI doesn't return fire at long range engagement (above 350m) is it normal or do I have some issues? I run no mod btw. 

They definitely use their grenade launchers. The hunter I was driving last night can attest to that :-P

18 hours ago, ferpo_the_great said:

The vanilla support modules still seem to be broken. Have you done any testing with it? Makes me think the issue may not be related to the scheduler.

Thanks 

You sure Ferpo?  

I was able to call a supply drop multiple times last night... I didn't try calling arty support though.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:16 AM, marez12 said:

Hello, 

Thank you! Is it possible to upload your missions for the tests? I have had AI engage me at quite some distance, and within 5 meters very quickly. There might be something else going on that I would need to see.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, autigergrad said:

Latest version is outstanding.  Stress tested the hell out of it last night on our dedicated server.  Large scale firefights all night and FPS was solid, menu delay was nonexistent.  Awesome stuff.

Thank you! It was awesome :)

23 hours ago, ferpo_the_great said:

Thanks 

Is it possible for you to upload a simple mission that showcases the problem? It makes it much easier to troubleshoot. Thank you!

Just out of curiosity, are there any advantages to using the addon over the script version or vice versa?

6 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Just out of curiosity, are there any advantages to using the addon over the script version or vice versa?

Not really - just some small implications.

If you run the scripts in a mission, EVERYONE in the server will be executing Vcom AI.

If you run the mod, only the one with the mod will run Vcom AI. (And thus only their spawned units will have vcom ai).

Mod enables you to run Vcom with missions that don't have it already installed - but be warned! This is a great way to break things. Like the campaign....unless you heavily modify the userconfig file.

21 minutes ago, taydeer said:

Any chance of getting this updated on PlaywithSix? :)

Ohhh yeah. I should do that.

On 26.12.2016 at 5:13 PM, genesis92x said:

Setting up Statics works with Vanilla statics currently. The problem is (to my knowledge) there is nothing in the bag config's that link them to their physical static counterparts. I have not checked in awhile though....

If static bags had the classname of their physical counterpart that would make it possible to have any static deployable from any properly configed mod.

try this

getText (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> backpack _unit >> "assembleInfo" >> "assembleTo");

check out the configviewer ingame, if you want more info. not sure if you still need two backpacks like in OA but i'm pretty sure you can get the second backpack from the config too. although it might be good to just allow AI to assemble from a single backpack either way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad benson said:

try this

getText (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> backpack _unit >> "assembleInfo" >> "assembleTo");

check out the configviewer ingame, if you want more info. not sure if you still need two backpacks like in OA but i'm pretty sure you can get the second backpack from the config too. although it might be good to just allow AI to assemble from a single backpack either way.

Bad Benson you are amazing. I will take a look into this. I am not sure how I missed this in the configviewer but if this works....well I'll be.

I was looking for a solution and havent found it. So thought I would ask . If there away to disable/turnoff completely Vcom for all AI  (when running the mod). The reason I ask, I like running the mod but I have a couple of zombie and demon missions and Vcom does not work with the zombies.

edit: I know how to disable for editor places units but not sure the best way for dynamically spawned units. 

Thanks 

I love VCOM, but I have noticed that when using an AI squad, one of my squad mates inevitably freezes up, stands in place and doesn't move again after this happens. You can issue commands, and the squamate replies that he is following them, but never moves. Anyone else ever have this?

3 hours ago, patpowercat said:

I love VCOM, but I have noticed that when using an AI squad, one of my squad mates inevitably freezes up, stands in place and doesn't move again after this happens. You can issue commands, and the squamate replies that he is following them, but never moves. Anyone else ever have this?

AI in your squad should not be executing VCOM AI at all :| As long as "NOAI_FOR_PLAYERLEADERS = 1" AI exit VCOM AI if the group leader is a human. If this continues to be an issue provide me with a mission file with the problem, then I can for sure look at it!

8 hours ago, nomadd said:

I was looking for a solution and havent found it. So thought I would ask . If there away to disable/turnoff completely Vcom for all AI  (when running the mod). The reason I ask, I like running the mod but I have a couple of zombie and demon missions and Vcom does not work with the zombies.

edit: I know how to disable for editor places units but not sure the best way for dynamically spawned units. 

Thanks 

Well, there's a couple things you could do if you don't want to disable Vcom AI

The one that comes off the top of my head would be something like this

["VcomRemove", "onEachFrame", {{if !(_x getvariable [NOAI,false]) then {_x setvariable ["NOAI",true];}} foreach allunits;} Bis_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

Genesis, great work! I think I found a bug.

I have several vehicles I spawn and give waypoints via script, and the armed qilins are the only vehicles not following them. They just start the motor, go straight for a sec, and then stop, and after a while shut down the engine. The script picks a random vehicle from a list, and give it a move wp, and since it's working with everything except the qilins, maybe is something to do with Vcom. Is there any way I can confirm it?

Mods used are CBA and Vcom. (both last version)

Can provide video evidence if needed.

19 hours ago, nomadd said:

Thanks 

Nomad what zombie mod are you running?

I use Vcom and have been playing Ravage for the past week or so and Haleks zombies seem to work just fine... at times even getting very crafty with their approach and attack.  What ever they are doing or what ever mod is making them do it,  they seem to be doing fine.

@Genesis 

thanks for the help. I will give it a try.

@Zakuaz

I am using Zombies and Demons. The zombies spawn fine and will initially charge at you but then they just kinda stop and mill around or lay down. 

Hello. I finally decided to try an "AI Enhancing" script/mod and Vcom AI was first up to bat; It knocked it out of the park! It surpassed all of my expectations and instantly changed the way I was attacking the enemy. I didn't order the flank steak, but boy did they serve it up. I had grown accustomed to just ripping through all enemy forces, but these bots put up a good fight. There were no lag issues or anything negative, the server ran smooth like if nothing had changed - but we all know the AI had gotten just a bit smarter.

The only thing I didn't like, although I think it's a cool feature, is the grainy screen effects and the changing of setCustomAimCoef when I'm being shot at (Being Suppressed). I like everything the script does to the bots, I dont like it to do anything to me. I use the script version - Is there any way for me to remove that feature from Vcom? What other features modify/affect human players that I might've missed or not noticed? I believe this is the file VCOMAI_SuppressedEffect.sqf

Great work - Thanks for your time

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 9:39 PM, genesis92x said:

AI in your squad should not be executing VCOM AI at all :| As long as "NOAI_FOR_PLAYERLEADERS = 1" AI exit VCOM AI if the group leader is a human. If this continues to be an issue provide me with a mission file with the problem, then I can for sure look at it!

Well of course, I made a test mission to day to see if I could replicate and I can't. I used vanilla factions (instead of RHS), and just threw it together super quick, but other than that I can't think of much different. I'll make sure I document further if I can find anything. 

The only other thing I didn't think of is I haven't tried it on my dedicated server. Perhaps I'm setting it up wrong? I just us TADST with VCOM loaded on it as well as on the client. Do I need to add the AISettingsV2.hpp to my server similar to ASR_AI?

13 hours ago, csk222 said:

Hello. I finally decided to try an "AI Enhancing" script/mod and Vcom AI was first up to bat; It knocked it out of the park! It surpassed all of my expectations and instantly changed the way I was attacking the enemy. I didn't order the flank steak, but boy did they serve it up. I had grown accustomed to just ripping through all enemy forces, but these bots put up a good fight. There were no lag issues or anything negative, the server ran smooth like if nothing had changed - but we all know the AI had gotten just a bit smarter.

The only thing I didn't like, although I think it's a cool feature, is the grainy screen effects and the changing of setCustomAimCoef when I'm being shot at (Being Suppressed). I like everything the script does to the bots, I dont like it to do anything to me. I use the script version - Is there any way for me to remove that feature from Vcom? What other features modify/affect human players that I might've missed or not noticed? I believe this is the file VCOMAI_SuppressedEffect.sqf

Great work - Thanks for your time

Thank you CSK! If you are utilizing the script version, and not using the userconfig folder, look for the file VCOMAI_DefaultSettings.sqf (Or something to that effect). In there are all the defined variables that VCOM uses. You can change what you'd like!

1 hour ago, patpowercat said:

Well of course, I made a test mission to day to see if I could replicate and I can't. I used vanilla factions (instead of RHS), and just threw it together super quick, but other than that I can't think of much different. I'll make sure I document further if I can find anything. 

I will keep an eye out for it patpower