genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Awesome! Thanks Genesis, hopefully I can get this work without my ALiVE combat support helos and artillery modules going to crazy town! :)  (yes, i have put the "off" scripts in the module init's in the past. I'll report after I test)

No bikey?  I'm trying to keep the verifySignatures=2 setting on my dedicated server for security/performance reasons and without a bikey, I cannot use the addon.  Nice update though!

No bikey?  I'm trying to keep the verifySignatures=2 setting on my dedicated server for security/performance reasons and without a bikey, I cannot use the addon.  Nice update though!

The key is in the mod folder...I am looking at it right now.

Try again. I missed it the first time apparently. It should be in there now :)

I was told that if I wanted to run this on a server as a script - I should run it on my client too if I wanted to zeus.

I think I can find out how to add the script to the server, but how do I run the script on my own client? Isn't that kind of ... redundant too?

I tried version 2.8 but still got a friendly AI stuck after some combat he wouldn't move, do you think that will get resolved?

Read and understand.... neverminde:D

Edited by loopdk

I tried version 2.8 but still got a friendly AI stuck after some combat he wouldn't move, do you think that will get resolved?

Ehh, this bug has popped up again. It was fixed before. Every patch that Bohemia does seems to break it. I will see what I can do.

I was told that if I wanted to run this on a server as a script - I should run it on my client too if I wanted to zeus.

I think I can find out how to add the script to the server, but how do I run the script on my own client? Isn't that kind of ... redundant too?

It more simply works like this:

If a server is running the script version, EVERYONE will be running Vcom AI.

If a server is running the mod version, only the SERVER and ANYONE ELSE running the mod will be running Vcom AI.

So in your case, if you are running the scripts you only need to make sure everyone runs the vcomai init.

• Like 1

Okay! I updated the mod/script version to fix AI getting stuck after finishing combat (again x10)

So everyone who is experiencing these issues please redownload the mod/scripts and test again.

I did a few quick tests in the editor and the AI would still move to waypoints even in COMBAT mode. In Zeus I was able to switch their combat mode back to AWARE and they proceeded to act like normal AI. Let me know if other issues arise :D

VcomAI 2.8 Mod Download

VcomAI 2.8 Script Download

• Like 2

Ehh, this bug has popped up again. It was fixed before. Every patch that Bohemia does seems to break it. I will see what I can do.

It more simply works like this:

If a server is running the script version, EVERYONE will be running Vcom AI.

If a server is running the mod version, only the SERVER and ANYONE ELSE running the mod will be running Vcom AI.

So in your case, if you are running the scripts you only need to make sure everyone runs the vcomai init.

Sooo just to verify for the retarded one here. (your last line muddled it up a bit for me).

If i use the script on the server everyone AUTOMATICALLY runs the Vcom? Nothing more needed?

Sooo just to verify for the retarded one here. (your last line muddled it up a bit for me).

If i use the script on the server everyone AUTOMATICALLY runs the Vcom? Nothing more needed?

Haha :) Correct! The script version is nice in the sense that no one else needs to download/install anything to be running VCOM AI.

Updated script version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Vcom AI - Script v2.8

Woot! Thank you Foxhound. You are awesome as always.

This mod affect all addons factions (RHS) by default ?

Correct. I can't guarantee that it will work 100% for all static weapons and mortar teams until ArmA comes out with a better way to classify static weapon bags and their physical static counterpart.

not working ai not move nothing only stand up

Sorry amonrada34. I checked the mod and the script, they are both working as intended. I would double check your installation first.

In the future please provide as much information as possible. We never know if it is not working because of an odd mixture of mods, incorrect installation, or a demon.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update!
I think I've seen almost all the features being used and more or less effectively.

But I'm not sure the skill settings work. Sniper team with all skills set to 1.0 (everywhere possible,colonel) cannot detect a moving enemy squad 350m infront.
edit: no server-side settings used. Singleplayer

No I still had a friendly AI get frozen, this guy had perched himself on the hill we were fighting on and I was trying to evacuate but he got this 1000 yard stare... it was like he had really seen beyond. But I'm running with ACE3 ai addon, Arma 1.66 RC, I load vcom last.

No I still had a friendly AI get frozen, this guy had perched himself on the hill we were fighting on and I was trying to evacuate but he got this 1000 yard stare... it was like he had really seen beyond. But I'm running with ACE3 ai addon, Arma 1.66 RC, I load vcom last.

Hm. I am sorry emton. I would not mix AI addons if possible. They tend to not get along very well. In my quick tests I have not had this issue arise quite yet :|

Thank you for the update!

I think I've seen almost all the features being used and more or less effectively.

But I'm not sure the skill settings work. Sniper team with all skills set to 1.0 (everywhere possible,colonel) cannot detect a moving enemy squad 350m infront.

The best I can think of is to double-check the server-side settings (Not the ones related to Vcom AI). The difficulty settings override any mod or script if I remember correctly.

any news on updating on the workshop?

It will be coming. I dread updating the steam workshop because it's a royal pain in my booty (Probably because I am just used to the old ways...)

I like to wait until I am sure it is as bug free as possible. The steam threads tend to attract...special...kinds of ArmA players. The kind that act like you ruined their entire life with a bug and they blame you for intentionally doing it.

• Like 4

Have you ever considered releasing a standalone addon for the artillery/static weapon aspect of VCOM? I love your mod, and it seems like you've smoothed out the conflict with ALiVE AI pilots, but a lot of my missions are dependent on ASR and I like the cover-to-cover behavior of Pooter's Enhanced AI a little better than VCOM's. I'm sure there are others who would benefit from a standalone static weapon mod as well, I'm honestly surprised there are none out.