genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

It download still v.2.25

Thanks for the headsup! The Armaholic mirror has been fixed already.

news_download_a3_3.png

Vcom AI - Mod v2.6

Thank you foxhound, throwing it up on the front page :D!

Thanks for the headsup! The Armaholic mirror has been fixed already.

news_download_a3_3.png
Vcom AI - Mod v2.6

@Bamse

Everyone should not need the addon. The addon will not do anything unless you comeback as isServer == true. So if a client has the addon, it will do nothing.

Question regarding the mod version, does everyone need the addon when playing on dedi or just server/hc/zeus?

Correct! Any headless clients should be running the mod as well (they will take the variables from the server and not overwrite them). Any machine that has local AI should be running the mod.

Awesome release.

This is perfect for ALiVE, which by default does not call in artillery :(

I have heard a lot of good things by mixing this with ALiVE - I have never tried ALiVE myself...I might have too soon.

Many thanks for the update genesis92x!  Testing now !

Thanks Kremator!

Loving the new version! However, I am unfortunately still having the issue of helicopters not wanting to follow transport unload waypoints (just that helo on the map and some units in cargo). I suppose it's not much of an issue, only problem is when helicopters are in a mission, is there perhaps a way for me to disable VCOM on helicopters?

Hrm. In my tests I got AI to use the helicopters just fine D: !!

Look inside the Scripting.txt file. But off the top of my head try these things:

1)On the helicopter, put this in the init field : this disableAI "Autocombat";this disableAI "Cover";

Check and see if that alone works. If not, add this to the helicopters init field as well.

2)this setvariable ["NOAI",true]; OR try this if you want the entire helicopter group to be disabled {_x setvariable ["NOAI",true]} foreach units (group this);

Finding that some troops are kneeling rapidly (good) then waving weapons side to side rapidly (not so good)

Haha wow, I haven't seen that yet - when does it seem to happen? All the time? Under certain circumstances?

Thank you for a new version! :) 

Most features seem to be working fine. But AI skill setting seem broke.

In my AISettingsV2.hpp for Private Level AI I have:

_Unit setSkill ["spotDistance",(0.1 + (random 0.1))];

_Unit setSkill ["spotTime",(0.1 + (random 0.1))];

1 prone shot from 500m away on a squad of "privates" and I am immediately detected and fired upon.

Addon version with cba and Vcom only.

Double check the server settings as well - If the AI have a skill of 1.0 and Precision of 1.0 - you are going to have a bad time. If you are hosting yourself, you can change these settings in ArmA's lobby.

Let me know. Thank you!

• Like 1

I'm getting a bug where troops (after getting injured) go and stay in prone, forever. Also, the prone bug looks like it doesn't happen on Tanoa. Furthermore, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but, the AI really like to go prone instead of crouching which causes them to either stay in one spot or not be able to shoot targets. 

• Like 1

I like this AI mod alot, but i'm getting errors thrown at me if any soldier has a "DISMISSED" Waypoint in the editor. Very annoying

• Like 1

AI still disembarking from vehicles no matter what i do. Also civilians runs like in the park, much often circling in place of 50M, and cant move further. Best mission to see those issues are campaign Delta Force Altis :
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186001-sp-campaign-delta-force-altis/
In second mission
Ai teamambers will freeze, and rescued civiliant will walk in place slowest speed as possible. No problems with campaign without VCOM. I still dont know why infantry is dismounting the vehicle on extraction (right after they get in black hawk, they immidently disembark).

• Like 1

Does Vcom AI uses setUintPos to change AI stance when it is suppressed?

• Like 1

Hello Genesis! Another bug report here!
AI Squadmates almost always lock up (Stand still indefinitely) once returning to aware or clear mode after experiencing enemy contact. Sometimes the identification of a new threat will 'reboot' their state and they will return to normal combat behavior.

CLS will also sometimes lock up after patching a friend.

Also it seems that Squadmates spread a bit too thin during combat, and feel too comfortable dashing through open areas.

• Like 1

this mod makes our server run at 2 fps after 20 min.

• Like 1

I'm having issues on a dedicated server using this mod.

I have several missions where IND and BLU sides are allies...yet as soon as I start firing a weapon....the IND side immediately starts opening fire at ME and attacking other BLUFOR in the area.

This doesn't happen in preview in the editor or in MP..but it has been happening every single time we play the missions on our dedi.  Mod is running both client and server side too.

• Like 1

I'm having issues on a dedicated server using this mod.

I have several missions where IND and BLU sides are allies...yet as soon as I start firing a weapon....the IND side immediately starts opening fire at ME and attacking other BLUFOR in the area.

This doesn't happen in preview in the editor or in MP..but it has been happening every single time we play the missions on our dedi.  Mod is running both client and server side too.

That is very interesting - I will have to take a look on my dedicated and see if we get similar results. Could you tell me if you are running any other mods or scripts?

this mod makes our server run at 2 fps after 20 min.

That's unfortunate! How many AI are you running? With 200 AI on my dedicated server, the server will tank down to about 30 FPS during combat.

Hello Genesis! Another bug report here!

AI Squadmates almost always lock up (Stand still indefinitely) once returning to aware or clear mode after experiencing enemy contact. Sometimes the identification of a new threat will 'reboot' their state and they will return to normal combat behavior.

CLS will also sometimes lock up after patching a friend.

Also it seems that Squadmates spread a bit too thin during combat, and feel too comfortable dashing through open areas.

Getting those pesky AI to stick to cover is becoming a pain! I will have to try something different for the AI cover system.

Thank you for the report! I will add it to the list to fix :)

Does Vcom AI uses setUintPos to change AI stance when it is suppressed?

It uses "setunitposweak" if they are suppressed, and then unitsetpos AUTO afterwards

I'm on singleplayer so no serverside AI difficulty settings used.

I set all ranks to 0.1 but no change. AI is too hardcore...

example:

https://youtu.be/-TYElO6D0gc

I am wondering if you turned down your ArmA profiles difficulty settings as well?

AI still disembarking from vehicles no matter what i do. Also civilians runs like in the park, much often circling in place of 50M, and cant move further. Best mission to see those issues are campaign Delta Force Altis :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186001-sp-campaign-delta-force-altis/

In second mission

Ai teamambers will freeze, and rescued civiliant will walk in place slowest speed as possible. No problems with campaign without VCOM. I still dont know why infantry is dismounting the vehicle on extraction (right after they get in black hawk, they immidently disembark).

Any units on the civilian team should not be added to VCOM AI, unless told to do so. (So that is vanilla behavior somehow?)

I need to take another look into AI disembarking. A simple band-aid would be adding the ability to turn off AI disembarking through VCOM AI.

I like this AI mod alot, but i'm getting errors thrown at me if any soldier has a "DISMISSED" Waypoint in the editor. Very annoying

Thank you Viper8! I will take a look into it, can you tell me what errors you are getting?

I'm getting a bug where troops (after getting injured) go and stay in prone, forever. Also, the prone bug looks like it doesn't happen on Tanoa. Furthermore, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but, the AI really like to go prone instead of crouching which causes them to either stay in one spot or not be able to shoot targets. 

Interesting! So the AI should only go prone if suppressed - I am wondering if something else is at play here. I might change the suppression to making them crouch instead of prone.

Thanks everyone! I am keeping a list of reported bugs and problems and will see what I can do :)

If anyone finds/makes fixes for these errors - please feel free to post them here or PM me. I would never say no to help ^_^

• Like 3

Yeah I think it is important when you report a bug you guys mention whether or not your running any other mods.

ASR AI for example may cause weird results when combined with VCOM AI.

Any units on the civilian team should not be added to VCOM AI, unless told to do so. (So that is vanilla behavior somehow?)

I need to take another look into AI disembarking. A simple band-aid would be adding the ability to turn off AI disembarking through VCOM AI.

I tested it on vanilla - it work ok.

That is very interesting - I will have to take a look on my dedicated and see if we get similar results. Could you tell me if you are running any other mods or scripts?

We're running ALiVE, ACE, CBA, CUP, and 3CB for that particular campaign.

The Independent are the RACS from CUP, allied with the 3CB British against SLA.

When I first start out....everything is fine.  After it happened once, I restarted and stood right in front of a RACS rifleman (as a Brit) and nothing happened.  Then....when I fired my gun in the air....he got startled....turned and shot me.  Then all of the other RACS began to fire on me.

Restarted again....did the same thing.  Everything was fine...until I fired my weapon.  Even when I fired at SLA troops...the RACS troops got spooked and started killing me.

I took the server down, removed VCOM and went back to ASR AI just to make sure...and sure enough...when I put ASR AI back up instead of VCOM.....they didn't kill me anymore.

LOVE your enhancements..but...yeah....this is kind of a dealbreaker for us right now as being killed by our allies is unpleasant. lol

@autigergrad

Confirm this happens on vanilla. See my fixed version below.

@genesis92x

And I fixed it for you. Do you have github or gitlab or something? I would love to help you out if you have one.

Here is the fixed version. I edited files VCOMAI_ClosestEnemy and VCOMAI_EnemyArray.

https://github.com/stcrowe/VCOMAI

Hi
Set skills to 0 in difficulty settings... still detected with first shot. With the 21.02. vcom version it takes ~4 shots to be detected (same userconfig).
Thank you!

I am wondering if you turned down your ArmA profiles difficulty settings as well?

I tested it on vanilla - it work ok.

Okay, I am taking a look into bugs today. Let's see what we find!

We're running ALiVE, ACE, CBA, CUP, and 3CB for that particular campaign.

The Independent are the RACS from CUP, allied with the 3CB British against SLA.

When I first start out....everything is fine.  After it happened once, I restarted and stood right in front of a RACS rifleman (as a Brit) and nothing happened.  Then....when I fired my gun in the air....he got startled....turned and shot me.  Then all of the other RACS began to fire on me.

Restarted again....did the same thing.  Everything was fine...until I fired my weapon.  Even when I fired at SLA troops...the RACS troops got spooked and started killing me.

I took the server down, removed VCOM and went back to ASR AI just to make sure...and sure enough...when I put ASR AI back up instead of VCOM.....they didn't kill me anymore.

LOVE your enhancements..but...yeah....this is kind of a dealbreaker for us right now as being killed by our allies is unpleasant. lol

Will take a look into it! Thank you :D!

@autigergrad

Confirm this happens on vanilla. See my fixed version below.

@genesis92x

And I fixed it for you. Do you have github or gitlab or something? I would love to help you out if you have one.

Here is the fixed version. I edited files VCOMAI_ClosestEnemy and VCOMAI_EnemyArray.

https://github.com/stcrowe/VCOMAI

Awesome! Thank you so much. I typically just work out of dropbox because I am the only one who works on it. However, I have setup a GitHub for Vcom AI I just need an email/username to add you :D!

Hi

Set skills to 0 in difficulty settings... still detected with first shot. With the 21.02. vcom version it takes ~4 shots to be detected (same userconfig).

Thank you!

I will take a look today!

• Like 1

@ genesis92x

​I have three simple questions for you .

1.  what is the real difference between the MOD vs Script version ?

2 . â€‹I have always used the  VCOM_Driving script. 

3. if I use the full script or the mod should I remove the driving script from the mission or can they be used together .

​thanks for your work Avibird

@ genesis92x

​I have three simple questions for you .

1.  what is the real difference between the MOD vs Script version ?

2 . â€‹I have always used the  VCOM_Driving script. 

3. if I use the full script or the mod should I remove the driving script from the mission or can they be used together .

​thanks for your work Avibird

1) The main difference is the mod will automatically activate on any mission. I will warn that if you play the campaign with Vcom AI you NEED to reduce their response ranges down to 0. Otherwise it will mess up everything.

2/3) I heard the AI driving has actually improved! That's good to know - I will need to take a look into that script again... The two scripts can be used together no problem. Vcom AI / Vcom Driving does not impact each other :)!

would there be a point in integrating the two mods together? Vcom and Vcom_driving?

Gav

@ genesis92x I have note see the new update with the editor the Vcom driving pathfinding is really bad at times. It is to the point I am going to remove it to see if it is better maybe the update messed up the script. it would not be the first time BI update did that lol.

@ gavc Vcom_driving is not a MOD it is a script and  not the same as the mod. I DON'T think the Vcon mod has the driving script inside it genesis92x could tell us.

@ gavc Vcom_driving is not a MOD it is a script and  not the same as the mod. I DON'T think the Vcon mod has the driving script inside it genesis92x could tell us.

It doesn't

Hey Genesis,

It doesn't seem like _unit setVariable["NOAI",true] is actually disabling vcom on the AI. (or the _this setVariable["NOAI",1,false] that is listed in the OP for disabling VCOM). Namely for the hearing of gunshots.

I currently have a mission where one enemy AI is standing ~200m away from another that I am killing with a suppressed pistol.

With VCOM launching and the unit given "NOAI", true: (or false. tested for sake of sanity)
The second enemy AI becomes alerted by the gunshot and enters combat behavior.

Without VCOM launching at all with my game:

The second enemy AI is completely unaware of the suppressed gunshot.

Can you confirm that the expected behavior of the "NOAI" variable is to disable All vcom scripts on that unit? If not, is there a way to disable the hearing?

Thanks.

EDIT: Well this has been driving me mad for 2 days now and it wasn't until just after I posted this did the problem strike me in the face. It turns out VCOM was executing its "NOAI" variable check right before my script got to its foreach that set "NOAI" to true for all of the guards in an array. Putting that foreach as the very first thing that executes at mission load seems to have solved it. 

However this raises a new problem. It doesn't seem like you can re enable VCOM during the mission (vcom quits out on that unit if it sees "NOAI" at start?). Do you think it to be possible to create a function call to re initialize vcom on a unit mid-mission?

The desired behavior I'm going for here are dumb(no VCOM) guards when relaxed and smart(VCOM enabled) guards when alerted. Of course, the alerting of guards will happen mid mission.

Hi
My problem with being detected is related to the "VCOM_HEARINGDISTANCE" setting. If I fire inside the distance radius (600m), I am detected and immediately fired upon. I dont think it should work this way
Sometimes AI is stuck in somekind of "put gun away" animation. Also sometimes with arti in mission I recieve:
BxcMPqU.jpg

edit: nope hearingdistance does not fix the problem completely