genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

I downloaded the Showcase Mission to test it, but it told me that I don't have AISettingsV2.sqf in place. (in which I've already put it in the proper location)

I haven't enabled the mod since it's the script version, any idea to fix this?

I downloaded the Showcase Mission to test it, but it told me that I don't have AISettingsV2.sqf in place. (in which I've already put it in the proper location)

I haven't enabled the mod since it's the script version, any idea to fix this?

You need to enable filepatching with -filepatching in your launch line, this was a recent change Bohemia introduced to help stop code injecting (Not sure how well it is actually working <_<)

Hey all,

Here is another test version (I will put it up on the front page as well)

This is JUST the script (non-mod) version for now. I am still trying to find out about that pesky filepatching problem. For now, the HOST will NEED to install the userconfig folder or crashing will happen.

Anyone willing to test please let me know what you think. I have had some serious fun playing with friends so far. Still not perfect, but getting there.

Vcom AI Script Test Version 2

• Like 1

Awesome news.  I prefer the modded version of course, but I'll probably try to implement this into my mission for now and see how it performs.  I'll get back to you if I do.  Keep up the good work!

So i my community runs ace and zeus and so on. I asked earlier about filepatching but you are correct it ran fine when I zeused on a server that didn't have it installed and vcom ai still worked. Now I wanted to know I noticed medics don't seem to treat wounded at least not in ACE is that configurable for the finalized update or is it just a deal with it scenario. Lastly does your test version u just put up still require vcom ai driving or is it implemented.

If you search for the thread on Bardosy's automedic script, Davidoss figured out how to make medics automatically treat wounded soldiers using the ACE medical system. It's a script, not a mod, and you'll have to do some finagling to get the script to run on your medic units. Also, sometimes the medic gets locked in a move/heal loop.

Seems like there is a missing .hpp-file?

Game crashes because "aisettingsv2.hpp" is missing in the userconfig folder.

• Like 1

I am not sure if its working on my computer. Does the Hold order still make them take cover/go into building? I have seen way less smokes than the previous version too. I'll enable the debug marker next time to see if i run the mod indeed.:x

Seems like there is a missing .hpp-file?

Game crashes because "aisettingsv2.hpp" is missing in the userconfig folder.

Seems like it is calling "aisettingsv2.hpp" but the file is actual named "aisettingsv2.sqf"?

Seems like it is calling "aisettingsv2.hpp" but the file is actual named "aisettingsv2.sqf"?

Should be a fairly easy fix then ;-)

Should be a fairly easy fix then ;-)

Yes rename the "aisettingsv2.hpp" to "aisettingsv2.sqf". It seems to work.

• Like 1

The script works very well, except Alive CAS do strange things?! Tried to follow the instructions on how do disable VCOM AI on them, not sure if i am doing it correct? vehicles also seems to get abandoned by it's crews after a while?

Same here with ALiVE Combat Support...tied so many things. Of course I tried the things on the first post...they just not get excluded from VCOM. Any Idea on that?

Whoops! Made silly mistake, thanks for catching it. The test version has been updated and fixed (Wrong userconfig file / files put in silly locations)

Download

Same here with ALiVE Combat Support...tied so many things. Of course I tried the things on the first post...they just not get excluded from VCOM. Any Idea on that?

No, have not had time to test if the new version by genesis92x have solved the problem! In my case i just want to totally exclude the spawned CAS units from VCOM_AI, so they do not respond to nearby enemies, or get called in to support other units by VCOM_AI... Same with the enemy alive controled vehicles i find in fully working order left by it's crew around the map? 

Whoops! Made silly mistake, thanks for catching it. The test version has been updated and fixed (Wrong userconfig file / files put in silly locations)

Download

Thank you, it is a very nice mod for some intense firefights. Is the problem mentioned above with alive CAS support part of the fix? Looking forward to the next development in VCOM_AI!

No, have not had time to test if the new version by genesis92x have solved the problem! In my case i just want to totally exclude the spawned CAS units from VCOM_AI, so they do not respond to nearby enemies, or get called in to support other units by VCOM_AI... Same with the enemy alive controled vehicles i find in fully working order left by it's crew around the map? 

Thank you, it is a very nice mod for some intense firefights. Is the problem mentioned above with alive CAS support part of the fix? Looking forward to the next development in VCOM_AI!

I think you kinda misunderstood me (Happens a lot lately): I want the same. I want the ALiVE Combat Support not to be affected by VCOM at all. But I can't get it to work.

However, I'll just try out the new version. Maybe it'll magically work! T^T

Edit: Test and no, it does not work with that new version either!

I think you kinda misunderstood me (Happens a lot lately): I want the same. I want the ALiVE Combat Support not to be affected by VCOM at all. But I can't get it to work.

However, I'll just try out the new version. Maybe it'll magically work! T^T

Edit: Test and no, it does not work with that new version either!

I understod you had the same problem as me with alive CAS support. But let us hope that the problem is solved with the hotfix provided, or that genesis92x has an explanation on how to exclude alive CAS and other units correct? 

Download

The server starts but if a player tries to connect, arma closes with the following error: it could not find this file: "\userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV2.sqf"

Has anybody got the fix for this yet, i have filepatching enabled on the server and if anybody connects they CTD with "Include file userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV2.hpp not found." I do have the folder userconfig\VCOM_AI in the root Arma folder on the server. Any suggestions please?

Regards

Rizla

**Update** If the players who are trying to connect manually place the "INSTALL THIS" folder in their root Arma 3 folder, they can connect to the server. Not ideal, but a temporary fix of sorts until this is fixed properly.

Love this script/mod. Hope it continues to develop and grow in to the premiere AI enhancement. Is the goal to go back to mod or keep as script?

Rizla thanks for the heads up!

Love the support for this thread.

• Like 1

Has anybody got the fix for this yet, i have filepatching enabled on the server and if anybody connects they CTD with "Include file userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV2.hpp not found." I do have the folder userconfig\VCOM_AI in the root Arma folder on the server. Any suggestions please?

Regards

Rizla

**Update** If the players who are trying to connect manually place the "INSTALL THIS" folder in their root Arma 3 folder, they can connect to the server. Not ideal, but a temporary fix of sorts until this is fixed properly.

That's interesting. The #include command is under an If (isServer) then statement... So the clients should not even launch it. Does this mean that #include is a global command?

Love this script/mod. Hope it continues to develop and grow in to the premiere AI enhancement. Is the goal to go back to mod or keep as script?

Rizla thanks for the heads up!

Love the support for this thread.

The mod will be back :> No point in constantly repacking the mod when there are so many issues with the scripts.

If I can't figure out a workaround for the filepatching - I think I will have to just settle with forcing servers to turn on filepatching if they want customized settings.

Regardless, I will come up with a more elegant solution and post it tomorrow that does not involve crashing people :>

Thank you all!

• Like 1

So I did some testing. And I cannot get VCOM to be disabled on a unit. 
Here you find my Test Mission. I use the Addon Version of VCOM!

Obviously marker are supposed to be turned on as well as Debug. 

As you can see, each unit, even those I applied the following codes to, are using VCOM AI. (Clearly visibly due to the arrows above them. And their behaviour!) 

this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

or

this setVariable ["NOAI",true,false]; this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true,false];

I really need VCOM to be disabled on some units (mostly due to ALiVE's Combat Support!).

Is there any way to do it?

On another Note: I have another question. When using VCOM AI, should I still install VCOM Driving or is it build into VCOM as well?

Many Greetings
Moony

Hi Genesis

Is there a way for me to obtain the version 2.01. I hope you or someone could share me the file. We been using your mod in our server for more then a year now with alive. Just 2-3 days ago we move to the new version however I personally feel that the previous version 2.01 is more deadly then the new version. The way the new version ai react is not as deadly as 2.01 where whenever we engaged enemy in the 2.01 version, soon all AI within 300m flank us like a madman. I really hope someone could share us the old version of the mod file. Yeah we wish the mod version. We use it in our server, running server side only. As for the disabling of AI for Alive CAS module. It seems in the latest version, the code snippets does not work. It works in version 2.01. Again we wish to thank you for giving us this mod.

Best Regards

• Like 1

I'll wait and drink coffee  ^_^

I hope you had a lot of coffee!

So I did some testing. And I cannot get VCOM to be disabled on a unit. 

Here you find my Test Mission. I use the Addon Version of VCOM!

Obviously marker are supposed to be turned on as well as Debug. 

As you can see, each unit, even those I applied the following codes to, are using VCOM AI. (Clearly visibly due to the arrows above them. And their behaviour!) 

this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

or

this setVariable ["NOAI",true,false]; this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true,false];

I really need VCOM to be disabled on some units (mostly due to ALiVE's Combat Support!).

Is there any way to do it?

On another Note: I have another question. When using VCOM AI, should I still install VCOM Driving or is it build into VCOM as well?

Many Greetings

Moony

Hmm I will test this with the newest version. For the newest version below I added a check for the NOAI command at the source - should prevent the AI from executing even the debug code.

Hi Genesis

Is there a way for me to obtain the version 2.01. I hope you or someone could share me the file. We been using your mod in our server for more then a year now with alive. Just 2-3 days ago we move to the new version however I personally feel that the previous version 2.01 is more deadly then the new version. The way the new version ai react is not as deadly as 2.01 where whenever we engaged enemy in the 2.01 version, soon all AI within 300m flank us like a madman. I really hope someone could share us the old version of the mod file. Yeah we wish the mod version. We use it in our server, running server side only. As for the disabling of AI for Alive CAS module. It seems in the latest version, the code snippets does not work. It works in version 2.01. Again we wish to thank you for giving us this mod.

Best Regards

I'm sorry I do not keep the old versions :< There are certain aspects people can modify using the userconfig .hpp file, but it does not lend itself to enough flexibility that most users want

I added a check for the NOAI command at the source - should prevent the AI from executing even the debug code.

VCOM AI Mod Version (Test 3)

VCOM AI Script Version (Test 3)

I have a habit of ruining the first uploads......sooooo let me know if you catch anything breaking.

• Like 2