genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Can't wait to see the new version genesis. Really impressive seeing your videos and how you put it all together. 

Can't wait to see the new version genesis. Really impressive seeing your videos and how you put it all together. 

Thank you! I am running out of known bugs to fix, and have implemented a couple of healthy changes to the AI - So I feel like it is close to an update release.

• Like 6

Remote control units should disable VCOM. At the moment, the remote control unit will do some VCOM things like when I was remote controlling a unit, and he kept throwing smoke.

I think there is a variable on the unit something like bis_fnc_moduleRemoteControl_owner to get the owner of a unit.

Remote control units should disable VCOM. At the moment, the remote control unit will do some VCOM things like when I was remote controlling a unit, and he kept throwing smoke.

I think there is a variable on the unit something like bis_fnc_moduleRemoteControl_owner to get the owner of a unit.

That's helpful to know - I will look into resolving Zeus controlled AI

When using zeus with Vcom, any group with a vehicle in it will not respond to commands (Have to make vehicles seperate from the group IE a motorized infantry squad)

When using zeus with Vcom, any group with a vehicle in it will not respond to commands (Have to make vehicles seperate from the group IE a motorized infantry squad)

Thanks, that is fixed with the coming update :)

• Like 2

Hi Genesis,

I took the decision to reinstall the server and everything is working now! Do you have a date for the update - I can't wait to try it out :-)

Hi Genesis,

I took the decision to reinstall the server and everything is working now! Do you have a date for the update - I can't wait to try it out :-)

That's good to know! Sorry about taking so long. I was fiddling with the AI trying to get them closer to perfect ><

I try not to have dates because I usually rush them before they are completely ready.  Today I am working on more optimization issues.

The scripts no longer cause a drop in graphical frame rate (at least for me :| ) However I have a strange issue with them causing script lag BEFORE combat starts. (Huh!?)

I hope to solve this issue today...and I might post a 'test' version of it on the forums because it is one of the best ways to test for bugs before 'officially' releasing it.

Is there a way to stop AI from patrolling?

What do you mean? Like after combat, or before combat?

One is a bug - and they automatically go back to aware after the enemy is gone and they know there are no more enemies left.

Hi genesis love your work thought id let you know about this bug.

I made a mission that ends with two helicopters flying in to pick up the players. This works fine until i enable the Vcomai script at which point they seem to fight over the landing pads and end up crashing into each other.

without the script running they fly to there predesignated pads in an orderly fashion.

What do you mean? Like after combat, or before combat?

One is a bug - and they automatically go back to aware after the enemy is gone and they know there are no more enemies left.

Before combat. When I start up a mission the AI seems to go towards my direction pretty much immediately.

Very glad to hear that there is a new version coming :)
Are the waypoints fixed in the next version, or is this still a unknown bug only plaguing me? Currently any waypoint causes AI squads to walk around in circles at their starting location or wander off in a random direction, as if they were patrolling. Clean Arma 3 with only CBA and latest Vcomai.

Hi genesis love your work thought id let you know about this bug.

I made a mission that ends with two helicopters flying in to pick up the players. This works fine until i enable the Vcomai script at which point they seem to fight over the landing pads and end up crashing into each other.

without the script running they fly to there predesignated pads in an orderly fashion.

I will see if I can get this fixed before release.

Before combat. When I start up a mission the AI seems to go towards my direction pretty much immediately.

I will need the mission file if it's vanilla ArmA - I need a little bit more information to know exactly what is throwing it off.

Very glad to hear that there is a new version coming :)

Are the waypoints fixed in the next version, or is this still a unknown bug only plaguing me? Currently any waypoint causes AI squads to walk around in circles at their starting location or wander off in a random direction, as if they were patrolling. Clean Arma 3 with only CBA and latest Vcomai.

Yes! This has been fixed 

I'm Russian, English is not know. The translation is through Google, so sorry if something is not clear. Version 2.10 breaks the way I made air vehicle and all me built air patrol does not work and breaks the scripts of the release of landing from the helicopter - landing is not working as it should and how it works without connecting VCOMAI.

Hi Genesis! Two questions. Does your AI mod work with RHS units and units from other mods such as Leights OPFOR? Or will it only work for vanilla units? Also does it work fine with ACE?  Eagerly waiting for the next release man!

Can anyone who has tied ASR AI, witch one you prefer. ASR AI ou Vcomai!?

Thanks.

I prefer Vcom in general and especially as it also comes as a script i can put into my missions

Genesis will the next version remove the requirement to have filepatching enabled most servers don't allow it and I am trying to get the guys that run my server to try it.

Genesis will the next version remove the requirement to have filepatching enabled most servers don't allow it and I am trying to get the guys that run my server to try it.

I'm not sure about this problem? The mod runs fine without having to enable filepatching - you just cant redefine scripts and the like on the run. What's the problem you are having?

Hi Genesis! Two questions. Does your AI mod work with RHS units and units from other mods such as Leights OPFOR? Or will it only work for vanilla units? Also does it work fine with ACE?  Eagerly waiting for the next release man!

Yes! It will pick up any AI units, mines, and etc. (As long as they are configured closely to vanilla AI units)

@Zinthorr This should be fixed now - give this test version a try and let me know.

Vcom AI Changelog
-These are in no particular order because I am doing this last second. Don't do what I do.

*CHANGED* AI will no longer plant mines if they are far from the enemy
*CHANGED* AI will no longer arm/place statics if they are far from the enemy
*OPTIMIZATION* Shifted a lot more code to be executed just by squad leaders where it makes sense in the AIBEHAVIORNEW.fsm
*OPTIMIZATION* DangerIdentify.fsm - Squad leader is only one who checks for danger sources. The rest just check if they are in combat or not. This is not ideal - but saves a lot of FPS.
*NEW* AI will advance from cover to cover toward generated waypoint. AI will stay at the location and wait until they don't see any enemies anymore to move. *WIP*
*CHANGED* AI will use smokes less but in better situations
*CHANGED* AI hopefully will stop blowing up their butts with grenades
*CHANGED* AI with waypoints placed in editor will no longer show off their awesome dance skills by walking back and forth
*NEW* AI inside vehicles will respond better to combat - disembarking when more appropriate and won't constantly get back inside the vehicle
*NEW* Mixed squads, (I.E. Infantry with vehicles) will work together better. Vehicle *should* not leave the  troops behind and will slowly advance with infantry
*CHANGED* If the AI get too far from squad leader they will regroup
*CHANGED* Reworked cover finding code. More efficient and works better overall
*OPTIMIZATION* Optimized line-of-sight check code
*CHANGED* AI with pre-created waypoints will NOT generate extra waypoints.
*CHANGED* Better Zeus implementation.
*CHANGED* Aircraft landing/already have waypoints should behave much better

TestVersions:

VcomAIMod

VcomAIScripts

• Like 3

Thanks so much Genesis92x! I'm going to try it now ;).

I just tried testing the add on version. Do I need to put anything into a mission or will the mod just pick up AI units by default? I turned on the Debug in the config but I'm not seeing any messages.

Edit: Sorry, I turned on file patching and now it seems to be working.

Hey genesis! Thanks for your work :) It's good to see that you are still working on your mod! Btw. has anyone gathered some experience with Alive and vcom Ai? Would you recommend using both mods together?