genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

I get strange bug with Ai crewman disebmark from the tanks and getting in back. WTF?

I have the problem that the userconfig not recognized

8:09:47 Warning Message: Script userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV2.sqf not found

The AISettingsV2.sqf but in the folder available:

23558542lu.png

Yup you need to enable -filepatching to your startup command line. For some reason it doesnt (seem) to work when using the Launcher tho..

• Like 1

do you think this parameter " allowedFilePatching = 1; "

It Work THX

ERROR:

21:13:54 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\VCOMAI\Functions\VCOMAI_CombatMode.sqf, line 5
21:13:54 Error in expression <MAI_ClosestEnemy;

if ((diag_tickTime - _TimeShot) > 60 && ((_NearestEnemy dista>
21:13:54   Error position: <_TimeShot) > 60 && ((_NearestEnemy dista>
21:13:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: _timeshot

I get strange bug with Ai crewman disebmark from the tanks and getting in back. WTF?

I'm getting this bug too.

Hi,

I must say that I'd like using this mod instead of the ASR one.

ASR is clearly not adapted.

The VCOM AI is better in term of reaction for the AI.

They move, go to battle and try to flank when they spot an hostile.

In ASR, they just stay in the same place, and the modifications done in the userconfig are not visible ingame.

For example, even disabling the rearming in the userconfig for ASR still permit to AI to rearm on bodies, even if they can't see them.

I have just three things to say about VCOM AI that actually should be fixed and can make it more better.

First of all, you should see for fixing the ragdoll issue. After killing hostiles, their bodies glitch and jump or being ejected in differents ways.

That's a huge problem.

After that, can you see for having the AI stay stand or go kneel more often than prone ?

It's always a huge problem in ArmA, all the AI just go prone and it's completely irrealistic. The more often they go crouch, and only go prone when in open areas. But when close and inside structures, they should stay stand or crouch.

And finally, can you see for fixing the detection ?

Using a suppressor get us completely detected like if we don't use any suppressor, in other words, it's impossible to make stealth actions without being detected.

I already know that using a suppressor not make us completely stealth, but using them should make us more difficult to detect. Actually, that's not the case.

Thanks for this ;)

Is anyone having a problem with the AI getting "jerky" turning left to right in quick succession during a fight or while trying to move.

Looks weird/they become ineffective. They usually move a foot if i'm lucky due to the behavior/then go prone.

I've tried turning off everything besides Vcom & then putting CBA/ACE on with it, same result every time.

Any chance we could possibly get a Vcom AI mod optimized for Alive? The biggest thing is they are way point sensitive. But I greatly enjoy the better driving, heavy weapons teams, and other features that this mod provides.

Great mod, but there is to many problems as of now my. Others have alredy said the problems, my only request is for the ai to not throw smoke as soon as they detect the enemies.

Hello everyone, trying to install the mod here, but apparently i didi something wrong and I'm getting the following error: userconfig script \ VCOM_AI \ AISettingsV2.sqf not found

The steps I've done at installation time:

1 - I downloaded the mod and extract it.
2 - I copied the "@Vcom_ai " folder to:   C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Arma 3
3 - Inside the @vcom_ai folder, I inserted the folder "Keys" (As in other mods i use, leaving it in the root directory dont fix the problem either.)
4 - Includes @vcom_ai the launcher.
5 - I copied the "userconfig" folder to "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Arma 3" (tried in my documents to, with no sucess)

I tried to run the game, and received the error from the menu.

Sorry for my english, And thank you.

Hello everyone, trying to install the mod here, but apparently i didi something wrong and I'm getting the following error: userconfig script \ VCOM_AI \ AISettingsV2.sqf not found

The steps I've done at installation time:

1 - I downloaded the mod and extract it.
2 - I copied the "@Vcom_ai " folder to:   C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Arma 3
3 - Inside the @vcom_ai folder, I inserted the folder "Keys" (As in other mods i use, leaving it in the root directory dont fix the problem either.)
4 - Includes @vcom_ai the launcher.
5 - I copied the "userconfig" folder to "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Arma 3" (tried in my documents to, with no sucess)

I tried to run the game, and received the error from the menu.

Sorry for my english, And thank you.

In launcher, make sure you have enabled "filepatching" in parameters/advanced tab.

• Like 1

In launcher, make sure you have enabled "filepatching" in parameters/advanced tab.

Thank you, solved. No more error.

Have a good day sir!

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if its possible to turn off this script mid mission?

Im trying to fly two evac choppers in at the end of my mission but Vcom is messsing with them.

despite putting 

this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

in both choppers ini but they just wont land right.

If i dont run Vcom they behave perfectly but when running the Vcom script i can only fly in one chopper as bringing in two confuses them and they go awol.

So if i could switch the script with a trigger off just before i call for evac i would be very happy

I tried putting this in my init.sqf

[] execVM "VCOMAI\init.sqf";
my_script = [] execVM "VCOMAI\init.sqf";

and then this

terminate my_script;

in my trigger but it doesnt work.

Anyone have any idea?

I found a small problem:

In mission editor, when I put a waypoint to AI, it fails to follow him.

She simply stands still, or rather, she is dancing to and fro. When I come closer I can hear the leader giving instructions: such as "move" and then "go back".

When I turn off the AI (this SetVariable ["noai", 1, false]; ), putting the script individually in each of the units, they will start to follow the path chosen.

If I opt to use: this SetVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit", 1, false];  the error persists.

The unit in question is the squad size (ie, has a team leader and squad leader).

Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

Hi I just want to say that your vcom AI videos and description has made me decide to reinstall ArmA 3 again, it looks fantastic. My favorite way to play ArmA has always been to throw AI forces against each other and although Zeus helped a lot (a lot!) this way of playing brings out the shortcomings of the vanilla AI very strongly. The idea the the AI might reposition or fall back on their own or communicate without needing me to coordinate their every move sounds tantalizing.

It would be great to see some improvement to ground vehicle AI as well (though please don't consider this any pressure to do so) as in vanilla they seemed to like to drive around recklessly without any sense of what would make a good firing position or keeping their distance from enemy infantry.

One question: Is the AI use of static packs and the like mod-compatible? Specifically will this mod lose any functionality if I use it with East vs West units?

Thanks. Looking forwards to playing with it.

EDIT: Oops, forgot EvW doesn't even have units with static packs. Also the mod works great! The AI is still far, far from perfect (still tend to get stuck sitting around doing nothing) but It's nice to see the AI being less passive. It seems like even vehicles behave better now (or is that something Bohemia has improved in the meantime?)

Unfortunately I don't think APCs unload aggressively enough. They still usually get killed with all their passengers aboard. Even when other units are dying around them the APCs still won't unload, I have to manually intervene which sucks.

This mod is amazing, me and my friends love playing with it. But after 1.54 i don't think it's working very well, even with filepatching! :(

Hey genesis92x I for one will throw $10 (AU) in your paypal if you update this mod... i appreciate it that much :)

Any chances Bohémia will improve AI ? Apex Expansion maybe ?

The game is great but on this side Bohémia should have donne something. It reminds me of Bethesda who waits for modders to do their jobs. Sad.