genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

Anybody can tell me how it's working with bCombat ? :)

it works well with UPSMON. I would presume BCombat would have some conflicts as its trying to do similar things as this.

it works well with UPSMON. I would presume BCombat would have some conflicts as its trying to do similar things as this.

UPSMON too, is trying to do similar things as this...

UPSMON too, is trying to do similar things as this...

Just enter in units init for no pathfinding,should help significantly at higher level command.Because vcoms lower level command is more pronounced than upsmon i think it should be fine.

Im using this with AISS at moment testing few things.AISS for WPs,and squad dispersion,VCOM for lower level AI combat.

Match made in heaven

Just enter in units init for no pathfinding,should help significantly at higher level command.Because vcoms lower level command is more pronounced than upsmon i think it should be fine.

Im using this with AISS at moment testing few things.AISS for WPs,and squad dispersion,VCOM for lower level AI combat.

Match made in heaven

Could you explain technically, what exactly do you mean by "higher level command", and "lower level command", 'cos I've been scripting for the past 10 years, and I don't know what you mean :).

Could you explain technically, what exactly do you mean by "higher level command", and "lower level command", 'cos I've been scripting for the past 10 years, and I don't know what you mean :).

Happily:)

what i refer to as lower level command is the group leader issue commands such as attack specific target,and take cover(such as vcom does) and other group level things.Maybe thats the word i was meaning...group level

Higher level command is the WP generation(decisions about where to go next) which vcom also does.

HOWEVER...i have been testing,and either my games has issues or vcom is not working correctly.

If anyone can replicate these issues it would help see if its just me.

1.The WPs vcom gives for units to support,always have same end point as each other or wthin 100meters of each other(basically rite on top of unit theyre going to destroy)

Result: It means groups always bunch up at destination,if you use alot of units,it looks like fish in a barrel for next gunship that swings by.

2.After support group completes one move Waypoint to support,it no longer gets generated any more,even if other groups are under attack,outnumbered,it dosent matter.

Genesis,are these behaviours intentional?That dont make for good long battles,just skirmishes.Something tells me its not meant to be this way.

Happily:)

what i refer to as lower level command is the group leader issue commands such as attack specific target,and take cover(such as vcom does) and other group level things.Maybe thats the word i was meaning...group level

Higher level command is the WP generation(decisions about where to go next) which vcom also does.

You know you make it sounds like there are two types of orders that a script can give to units, but there are not. You can give one move order to an individual unit, or to a group leader, that's it. If two scripts are issueing orders, whatever script give the order last, that's the order that's in effect. And there's no more to it. That's why I say the scripts you're using together are "conflicting" with each other. Furthermore, VcomAI has the bad habit of splitting groups, effectively breaking other scripts control over those splitted groups. That simply means that UPSMON, AISS, GAIA, ALIVE, you name it, will not be able to control those rogue units anymore. And that's why I said VcomAI goal does not seem to fit long, persistent mission types, only (very chalenging) firefights.

I too see the single over-aching WP that Vcom generates. It's what causes that bunching up after combat I commented on before.

My understanding is that "Higher" level Ai assigns wp's which VCOM is definiely doing. "Lower" level manages individual units, and by extension the group they are part of; reactions under fire... i.e. the danger.fsm routines.

I did think they were different - is Vcom combining them in someway ?

Edited by serjames

You know you make it sounds like there are two types of orders that a script can give to units, but there are not. You can give one move order to an individual unit, or to a group leader, that's it. If two scripts are issueing orders, whatever script give the order last, that's the order that's in effect. And there's no more to it. That's why I say the scripts you're using together are "conflicting" with each other. Furthermore, VcomAI has the bad habit of splitting groups, effectively breaking other scripts control over those splitted groups. That simply means that UPSMON, AISS, GAIA, ALIVE, you name it, will not be able to control those rogue units anymore. And that's why I said VcomAI goal does not seem to fit long, persistent mission types, only (very chalenging) firefights.

Yes i see

but i tested this without AISS and groups cease to support after completing first waypoint.

It is possible through AISS and vcoms config to disable a few things so one group handles low level and the other WPs.

The groups dispersing happens in both those mods,so the conflict isnt that bad,infact,its all the better for it,more unpredictable.

@serjames

do you groups get a 2nd WP for another support call after completing a first?

Hmm.. I've never had Ai survive a support call...yet.. they get killed normally.

I'll have to watch and report back - perhaps Zeus can help them a "little" ;-)

So does this work with alive? Would be a shame if it didnt

Define "work". Anyway, your best bet is to try for yourself.

I am currently not happy with how waypoints are generated in this mod. I will changing that for the next update.

I am pouring a little love into Degeneration right now, so the update will be out later this week :)

I am currently not happy with how waypoints are generated in this mod. I will changing that for the next update.

I am pouring a little love into Degeneration right now, so the update will be out later this week :)

Thank you Genesis

i cant wait

much appreciated!

awesome mod, but I got some problems while using Psycho's revive script (A3 wounding syystem) -

while in revive state, my AI group members will start to move and crawl away - I disabled Vcom waypoints in the unit inits

and the Vcom wounding in the missions init, but the problem seems to remain- anybody has the same issues or a solution?

greez :)

killswitch;2858065']awesome mod' date=' but I got some problems while using Psycho's revive script (A3 wounding syystem) -

while in revive state, my AI group members will start to move and crawl away - I disabled Vcom waypoints in the unit inits

and the Vcom wounding in the missions init, but the problem seems to remain- anybody has the same issues or a solution?

greez :)[/quote']

The anims change when shot and EHs from ais play up from that.

Simply put,you cant use AIS with this(not yet)

However I use norrins revive ported to arma3,Its a tiny bit buggy but works great and is FULLY AI compatible with revive and respawn options.Highly configurable excellent script.

The pollar opposite,Farooqs revive.It also works with vcom AI,But is very lightweight.No other revive mod will work with this mod,trust me......iv tried

Im playing the Supply-truck ambush mission in the campaign, and every time I place down a mine, one of the AI in my squad immediately runs over to it to deactivate it, and I have found no way to disable this, maybe add a way to check if mines were placed by friendlies or not?

Ok we're having some serious mod localisation issues.

We noticed units on our dedicated were not inheriting the correct skill level settings.

i.e. we had adjusted your default settings to reduce down the spot distance for instance which seemed overly high.

Now when we run that modified Settings SQF - it ignores it and defaults to some other settings file.

On de-pboing the mod we find you have a backup Settings.SQF that is triggered if the mod cannot find a userconfig folder and associated VCOM_AI folder with the right settings.sqf.

Now that's a pain for us as we don't run a default @mod structure - we run one mod folder with all our mods in it - and then 10 seperate folders with server.exe's for each of our 5 servers + HCs.

Each server folder has it's own userconfig with associated Settings.sqf files, but for some reason VCOM isn't seeing it.

So just to clarify we have a userconfig\VCOM_AI\aisettings.sqf in the root folder with the right Armaserver.exe but VCOM is not reading this file.

Can anyone help ?

SJ

If it's in the server's root directory for the game then there needs to be an extra "\" in front of your path:

\userconfig\VCOM_AI\aisettings.sqf

Following on from Serjames post:

This is the code snippet from the .pbo which defines where to find the VComAI settings.

_InitialCode = false;
_InitialCode = [] execVM "userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettings.sqf";
 if (isNil "_InitialCode") then
 {
   _InitialCode = [] execVM "VCOMAI\DefaultSetting.sqf";
 };

Is it correct that we have this structure:

OurServerFolder
 arma3server.exe
 ...various folders including...
 \keys
 \mpmissions
 ...and
 \userconfig\vcom_ai\aisettings.sqf

OurModsFolder
  \@vcomai

Edited by UK_Apollo

Im playing the Supply-truck ambush mission in the campaign, and every time I place down a mine, one of the AI in my squad immediately runs over to it to deactivate it

That's hilarious. could be the funniest easter egg ever :).

Is it possible to run this on a dedicated server without implementing it into a mission?

Is it possible to run this on a dedicated server without implementing it into a mission?

I'd like to know this as well.

Well technically yes it is possible, but it doesn't behave well with unusual dedicated folder structures currently - see above posts.. Waiting for feedback from Genesis