genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

will there be more feature for combine arms in the future? As it is know the APC drops infantry and then move ahead of infantry(not good in urban environment)

i have an issue, i do a test ( one group of AI blufor goes to the village ( with one weaponit ) and one group of AICSAT patrol the village. When i put a waypoint to patrol an area ( On CSAT )( Formation Line , speed limited, careless ) , BLUFOR enters combat with CSAT, but CSAT do not do anything just still stand and die :S ( I am a civil watching what happens )

that's I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

I'm thinking about switching AI mods, previously used AISS which was great but becomes rather slow and laggy with larger missions so switched to ASR AI3 which is good but doesn't hit the same spot that AISS did. Currently looking at this and it looks like it may fit the bill, I've searched teh thread but not found a clear answer so... does this mod alter the AI's fire mode selection and rate of fire at all? So will they use all weapons to suppress, or switch to full auto when in CQB etc.?

Cheers,

V

Careless is the problem.

Change it to 'safe'

i gona to try

other question, can i use this script with EOS ?? for automatic spawn and patrol X city ??

EDIT: as I can check if the script is running?

Edited by darkymdq007

Hi,

I'm thinking about switching AI mods, previously used AISS which was great but becomes rather slow and laggy with larger missions so switched to ASR AI3 which is good but doesn't hit the same spot that AISS did. Currently looking at this and it looks like it may fit the bill, I've searched teh thread but not found a clear answer so... does this mod alter the AI's fire mode selection and rate of fire at all? So will they use all weapons to suppress, or switch to full auto when in CQB etc.?

Cheers,

V

Describe the spot...please don't be too graphic lol. It's a close call between vcomai and bcombat imho.

Vcomai has a larger scope e.g static MG behavior, occupying houses and moving to rooftop, etc. AI moves faster as well. AI spends most time running from cover to cover. Firefight is more fast paced.

BCombat gives end user way more options to tune in the config....Suppression rate, Overwatch, CQB, etc. The suppression implementation is unmatched to date imho. It's also tunable. It also has a morale system if that's your thing. AI spends a lot of time crouching or in prone position. Firefight is more calculated.

I go back and forth between these two a lot, finding myself experimenting and having tons of fun. I look forward to the changes and updates.

My new AI need is to have them not always rush toward a firefight even if suicidal. With iceman77's help with a simple script I am having more longer lasting firefight. See video: http://youtu.be/klnI8VyWrEs

I hope these two will incorporate something similar. I know bcombat avoids using waypoints. So not sure his take.

Anyway, what spot are you looking to hit with your AI needs? If it's suppression, MG behavior, then you can't go wrong with either one.

Edited by sttosin

I can not make the script work, the patrol received fire but does nothing, it only works when the enemy is within a specified distance, then do something

in safe mode, act a little faster, but it seems a Comodore64 AI

another question : as I can do to make the AI appear when a player is near, and disappear when it is far , can i use VCOM with other script ?

Edited by darkymdq007

There seems to be a bit of RPT spam with the current version:

Error in expression <call VCOM_fnc_classVehicle;
_parents = [_class,true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;>
 Error position: <_class,true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _class

Everything else is working fine though. I really like the improvements you've made over the last version

Waiting for the fix b4 I download.

Out of interest, can you use anything in this script to call enemy reinforcements?

Hey guys, sorry for such a brief update and a long delay.

Tested this for like 5 minutes and didn't see any RPT spam this time around.

I quickly went through the forums and saw that mechanized infantry will need some work - I want to expand on them for sure. Please feel free to post here/debate on ideas you have about how Mechanized AI should behave. Once life settles down again for me, which should be soon, I can start working on it again and get more content orientated updates pushed out.

Addon: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38334795/AIFOLDER/%40vcomai.zip

Scripts: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38334795/AIFOLDER/VcomAINEW.zip

Nice Genesis, how does the artillery script work? do I need to place classnames in the array or will the script automatically find the arty unit and add to the array, if so does it also work with zeus placed unit?

I'm btw getting following error

Error in expression <riable "VCOM_NERVES";
_ModifiedTrait1 = _ModifiedTrait1 + 2 ;

_Unit setVariable>
 Error position: <_ModifiedTrait1 + 2 ;

_Unit setVariable>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _modifiedtrait1
No speaker given for Idi Okeke
Error in expression <riable "VCOM_SubLeader";
_CheckArray = [_Leader,_SubLeader];
_CheckArray>
 Error position: <_Leader,_SubLeader];
_CheckArray>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _leader
Error in expression <riable "VCOM_SubLeader";
_CheckArray = [_Leader,_SubLeader];
_CheckArray>
 Error position: <_Leader,_SubLeader];
_CheckArray>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _leader
No speaker given for George Brown
Error in expression <OM_HASSATCHEL",1,false];

};
} forEach _magazinesAmmo;

>
 Error position: <_magazinesAmmo;

>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _magazinesammo

Using VcomAI with ALIVE

Edited by Coolfact

Hey guys, sorry for such a brief update and a long delay.

Tested this for like 5 minutes and didn't see any RPT spam this time around.

I quickly went through the forums and saw that mechanized infantry will need some work - I want to expand on them for sure. Please feel free to post here/debate on ideas you have about how Mechanized AI should behave. Once life settles down again for me, which should be soon, I can start working on it again and get more content orientated updates pushed out.

Addon: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38334795/AIFOLDER/%40vcomai.zip

Scripts: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38334795/AIFOLDER/VcomAINEW.zip

Mechanized and motorized won't follow their units after dropping off nor will they load them back up.

U ever fix the artillery oft and smoke off options?

The comms distance doesn't seem to adjust.

This specifically:

//The distance AI will respond to engagements in meters

VCOM_AIWarnDistance = 1000;

AI come from all over even if I change distance to 100m. Am I doing something wrong?

I found my mistake. I added warndistance to my mission init. And tried to edit distance there.

Works now and gr8 script which I combine with the usps ( ultra simple patrol script) for excellent results.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust
Solved

Very nice work! A real new COOP experience, as you claimed :)

Starting missions in editor with -showScriptErrors shows up an error, as same in rpt file:

Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _class (means undefined Variable in Expression)

Any Ideas how to fix it?

Edit:

Blame on me

No Scripterrors, no spam in rpt file anymore. I used an old version of vcom_ai. After I updated it, everything is as it should be. Nice and clean rpt file, no scripterrors anymore.

Edited by Onkel Bo
old version in use

Hey Genesis

Am getting this spam too. I am using ALiVE .8

Error Undefined variable in expression: _class

Ran thus script for first time in coop mission the other nite and it was a shock to the players. Great addition.

Would be gr8 if the warndistance could be set for each group so that they don't all react at same distance... But that's minor wish list.

So some feedback if i may. When shooting the AI, i notice they do this move that causes them to jump to the side and looking kinda like them climbing and then lands on their knees. Its weird if their in a building for example as you shoot them and then they step outside the building and sometimes get sucked back in or end up falling to the floor. Any other experience this? i thought maybe it was related to the AGM alternate moves but i turned that off and still happens

I try to use the script version.

My understanding is, that I only need to do the following:

1) copy files to my mission

2) change the init.sqf

3) spawn units AFTER the entry in the init.sqf

Then every new unit should work with the new AI behavior. Is this correct?

I don't get an error message, but I have the feeling, the AI acts as normal. How to test, if I implemented it correctly please?

Thank you very much for what you have done!

As of the latest release, I am getting this error.

No center supported
Warning Message: Script AIBEHAVIORNEW.fsm not found

The file is requested in the main init, however is not present.

EDIT... Oui, Im an idiot. I followed instructions on the first page word for word. Fixed.

OMG.... how does this thread drop so far..... into the dark deep hole of endless threads......

Well anyways, I am getting another spam error, it has something to do with the squad leader, not sure if when unit dies if the command of that squad is lost... I can get the error ASAP. Other than my last post with spam error, this is a great script, it works awesome, the AI kick our ass, the kick the noobs ass, its fun, they use GL's, smoke, flank etc.... I don't know how anyone thinks this script is not enhancing the AI behavior. People follow the install directions more thoroughly, I usually LOWER the AI WARNING distance to 200 m, in the INIT.SQF towards the bottom.

I have another question/idea. would it be possible to have this script be used for specific sides only, so if I have Opfor/civilian/blufor AI, I could just choose the script to work for "east" ai only??

Edited by JAndrews1

thank you for your work.

well, how about make userconfig file like config.hpp? i think it is easy and useful way to change serveral options. changeing init.sqf file is little inconvenient.

has anyone successfully combined this with any of the other AI mods (bcombat, asr ai, tpwcas, etc)? (I'm using the addon version)

Edited by SSD