genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

VCOM_ShortReloadSkill = _Unit setSkill ["reloadSpeed",(0.2 + (random 0.3))];

Woohooo!! :bounce3:

Yeah it was just in a test mission with no AI. Just used a grenade at my feet to test what happened and I got that error. I will revert what I changed.

Also getting this error from HitNear.sqf line 50:

Error in expression <eadyDown = _x getVariable "DOWNED";

if (_AlreadyDown == 0) then {

[_x] spawn {

>

Error position: <_AlreadyDown == 0) then {

[_x] spawn {

>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _alreadydown

Source:

Not sure if this will fix it:

if ((!isNil "_AlreadyDown") && (_AlreadyDown == 0)) then {

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to say such nice things :> Hopefully I can continue to fix errors and other issues...

AI Pack Download UPDATE

- Version 1.05

Changelog

- Weapon squads should only deploy their static weapons IF they have a line of sight on enemies.

- Fixed deathly .RPT spam. I apologize for any issues this may have caused. :(

Quick note: If any server owners are looking to use these scripts , please keep an eye on your RPT file. I was unable to reproduce any RPT spam but I believe I have fixed the issue due to the contributions by Raptor.

-Added new suppression system

AI will play new animations when suppressed, there is a chance that AI will fall to the ground instead of just slowly laying down while under fire.

-Wounded System

The wounded system can be toggled on/off at will in the init.sqf. Not only can AI get their "wind" knocked out of them, they can become incapacitated now. There is a chance that a wounded AI will become perma-capped (Meaning they lay on the ground in pain) until they are healed.

-Added reload time to the AI skills config

-Fixed AI support responses to combat. AI should react much more effectively to near-by combat. Make sure to edit the init.sqf to your hearts content!

In other news. I figured out how to create addons, so I will be creating an addon for this pretty soon...I would like to get a more stable version out first however.

Thanks and please let me know about any issues!

Checking it out... great update so far.. :D

-Raps

Woohooo!! :bounce3:

Haha yeahhhh I felt bad for not having it ;)

Yeah it was just in a test mission with no AI. Just used a grenade at my feet to test what happened and I got that error. I will revert what I changed.

Also getting this error from HitNear.sqf line 50:

[_x] spawn {

>

Error position: <_AlreadyDown == 0) then {

[_x] spawn {

>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _alreadydown

Source:

Not sure if this will fix it:

if ((!isNil "_AlreadyDown") && (_AlreadyDown == 0)) then {

Yeah. The errors will go away once enemies are in the mission...I did not do a check for an empty mission :confused:. I will have to add in a check for missions without enemies so the users don't get script errors.

Checking it out... great update so far.. :D

-Raps

Thanks Raptor

I tried the new version. Nice work. Some observations:

I did not see static mg guys setup in over one hour testing.

The knock down animations are a nice touch.

The perma injured guys could not be revived using first aid kit...by design?

I use tpw hud with this and notice the hud color for NATO AI would change to enemy/non friendly color while the injured guy was rolling in pain. You can guess how things end for him.

Ideas:

Since AI utilizes buildings during firefight with this fsm, it will be sweet to have static mg guys deploy standing mgs in windows. What do you think?

AI healing wounded teamates will go well with the wounding system.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I love what you have done! I have a rather...different kind of suggestion if you are open to it...lets say when one of the AI is wounded and out of the fight, could you be able to patch them up and detain them? I am not sure if that is a direction you wanted to go in, but it would be fairly interesting to set something up like that...kind of a one stop shop for epic AI.

Also any thought on having the enemy call indirect fire if needed and available? I see you have them deploy static weapons which is freaking amazing, but having them call for indirect fire from Mortars or artillery...or even CAS would be pretty amazing to add to your already amazing mod.

I like big epic battles, I am sick of hunting terrorists and all that jazz...I want some 1980s style large scale Fulda gap kind of fights, and with your script/mod I can better create that as a mission maker for my squad. THANKS!

I know I already PM'd you this, but may be others have some thoughts on this too. Garrison buildings, I use http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?76423-Random-House-Patrol-script-v1-0

to add units to garrison buildings, don't know about you guys but when I make missions last thing I like to do is use waypoints for each unit to get into buildings.

I have seen the AI drop their static guns and leave them, some requests: garrison buildings with these behaviors but to stay in buildings and hold them, firing from windows/ doorways / rooftops etc, ambush, take static weapons and vehicles. I know this is a TON of work, just some thoughts.

Great job, this script really makes the AI bring it to the players in a dynamic manner, really shoots us up good. lol

Hello, thanks for creating this great addon! this is the best AI mod i ever seen

Edited by benw

Hi !

What does the "VCOM_PermaDown" do ?

It says: "Will AI use new downing system?"

But what is this downing system ?

Oh and i think you not only need to copy the folder, you also need the AIBEHAVIOR1.fsm.

After playing around with it a bit i cant imagine batteling the AI without this script, BI should just include something to the standard AI behavior ! Great Work !

Edited by Wiggum

Haha yeahhhh I felt bad for not having it ;)

Yeah. The errors will go away once enemies are in the mission...I did not do a check for an empty mission :confused:. I will have to add in a check for missions without enemies so the users don't get script errors.

Thanks Raptor

I am running a fully populated mission and receiving this error, it is showing no ill effects but this error pops up randomly, I did not see this error on the last version, only since this release. And I mirror others views, it would be impossible to go back and play against AI without this script now.

I also get random errors with with this script active.

Like:

Error in expression <Nil "_Point") exitWith {};
_UnitGroup = group _Point;

And:

Edited by Wiggum

I tried the new version. Nice work. Some observations:

I did not see static mg guys setup in over one hour testing.

The knock down animations are a nice touch.

The perma injured guys could not be revived using first aid kit...by design?

I use tpw hud with this and notice the hud color for NATO AI would change to enemy/non friendly color while the injured guy was rolling in pain. You can guess how things end for him.

Ideas:

Since AI utilizes buildings during firefight with this fsm, it will be sweet to have static mg guys deploy standing mgs in windows. What do you think?

AI healing wounded teamates will go well with the wounding system.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

The MG system is all bullocks right now. I am going to be completely redoing that entire system. I tried to mimic what Bohemia did (bad mistake). So I am going to re-write it and make it a bit simpler for AI unloading static weapons.

The Perma injured guys can be revived when healed - When they go down they become set as "captive" so they are technically on everyone's side. I hope to get the AI to use MG's more efficiently in the future.

Medics will also heal other AI automatically - but I might add an extra layer as well that allows other AI to heal each other.

I love what you have done! I have a rather...different kind of suggestion if you are open to it...lets say when one of the AI is wounded and out of the fight, could you be able to patch them up and detain them? I am not sure if that is a direction you wanted to go in, but it would be fairly interesting to set something up like that...kind of a one stop shop for epic AI.

Also any thought on having the enemy call indirect fire if needed and available? I see you have them deploy static weapons which is freaking amazing, but having them call for indirect fire from Mortars or artillery...or even CAS would be pretty amazing to add to your already amazing mod.

I like big epic battles, I am sick of hunting terrorists and all that jazz...I want some 1980s style large scale Fulda gap kind of fights, and with your script/mod I can better create that as a mission maker for my squad. THANKS!

I was thinking about adding artillery support or CAS support. What I will end up doing is making the mission maker mark AI that can be used for support freely so the AI don't get greedy and ruin the mission.

Thank you for your support :)

Really can't wait for addon version -great script!

It's coming!! Next update (which is very soon) I will include the AI addon too. Thank you !

I know I already PM'd you this, but may be others have some thoughts on this too. Garrison buildings, I use http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?76423-Random-House-Patrol-script-v1-0

to add units to garrison buildings, don't know about you guys but when I make missions last thing I like to do is use waypoints for each unit to get into buildings.

I have seen the AI drop their static guns and leave them, some requests: garrison buildings with these behaviors but to stay in buildings and hold them, firing from windows/ doorways / rooftops etc, ambush, take static weapons and vehicles. I know this is a TON of work, just some thoughts.

Great job, this script really makes the AI bring it to the players in a dynamic manner, really shoots us up good. lol

Good thinking - hopefully once I get the new AI static weapon system setup they will consider all possible areas (or as much as possible)

Thanks for the post!

I have been playing with these AI scripts with (HAL)Hetman Artificial Leader and found that HAL has an error when used alongside these scripts. I have posted about it in the HAL thread here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167717-HETMAN-Artificial-Leader&p=2698439&viewfull=1#post2698439

I will take a look into these errors. I think they are fixed for the next version.

Hello, thanks for creating this great addon! this is the best AI mod i ever seen

Thank you! I appreciate it so much! It keeps me going :>

Hi !

What does the "VCOM_PermaDown" do ?

It says: "Will AI use new downing system?"

But what is this downing system ?

Oh and i think you not only need to copy the folder, you also need the AIBEHAVIOR1.fsm.

After playing around with it a bit i cant imagine batteling the AI without this script, BI should just include something to the standard AI behavior ! Great Work !

I will add more description about these kinds of things but AI have a chance to be in-capped 'forever' until they are healed or shot dead. Currently it's bugged.

I appreciate you post, you guys are great :)

I am running a fully populated mission and receiving this error, it is showing no ill effects but this error pops up randomly, I did not see this error on the last version, only since this release. And I mirror others views, it would be impossible to go back and play against AI without this script now.

I will look into these errors! I think it's fixed in the upcoming version.

I appreciate your support, it means a lot.

I also get random errors with with this script active.

Like:

Error in expression <Nil "_Point") exitWith {};
_UnitGroup = group _Point;

And:

Looking into it! Should be fixed in the next version!

Talking about performance, i have to say i notice some lag when the scripts are running, most noticeable on first enemy contact.

Without the script i dont have this lag (in the same mission).

Yeah, just did some testing it has a noticeable impact on performance, i have some short stutter from time to time as soon as the combat starts.

Ok, i think i know what causes most of the stutter, its a while loop inside the HitNear.sqf:

I added a sleep (actually, sleep does not work, but you can use a timer) and now i have a smoother gameplay !

_delayTimer = time;
_delay = 1;
while {(!_done )} do
{
	if ( (time - _delayTimer ) > _delay) then {
	   //sleep .005;
	   _pos = getpos _bullet;
	   if (_pos select 0 > 0)
	   then
	   {
			_hitPos = _pos;
	   }
		else
	   {
			_done = true;
	   };
	   _delayTimer = time;
	}
};   // end while

Edited by Wiggum

Talking about performance, i have to say i notice some lag when the scripts are running, most noticeable on first enemy contact.

Without the script i dont have this lag (in the same mission).

Yeah, just did some testing it has a noticeable impact on performance, i have some short stutter from time to time as soon as the combat starts.

Ok, i think i know what causes most of the stutter, its a while loop inside the HitNear.sqf:

I added a sleep (actually, sleep does not work, but you can use a timer) and now i have a smoother gameplay !

_delayTimer = time;
_delay = 1;
while {(!_done )} do
{
	if ( (time - _delayTimer ) > _delay) then {
	   //sleep .005;
	   _pos = getpos _bullet;
	   if (_pos select 0 > 0)
	   then
	   {
			_hitPos = _pos;
	   }
		else
	   {
			_done = true;
	   };
	   _delayTimer = time;
	}
};   // end while

Yeah! I am aware of the performance issues for some computers - the proposed fix does not work because it's tracking bullets...which are hard to track in the ArmA world. I created a new system that should work a little better I hope. It looks for "craters" of bullets around a unit instead of directly tracking the bullet. It's not as accurate but it should fix performance.

Looking forward to the next iteration. Keep up the good work mate.

-Raps

Looks very promising, will try this out later today!

Sounds great !

Thank you :D

Looking forward to the next iteration. Keep up the good work mate.

-Raps

Thanks Raptor. You've been a big help. I think you'll like the next update.

Bcombat or this?. Also can you make as an addon perhaps?.

The next update will host a wide range of fixes/optimizations (as well as true headless client support). It will also include an addon version (finally). I should be coming out today if everything goes smoothly with testing.

Looks very promising, will try this out later today!

Thanks! I appreciate the support :)

I don't think I have said thank you, Genesis. VCom is excellent. I'm looking forward to using the addon version on my dedicated server.

Will be scrambling to test the addon version the moment it is released. Thanks for all your hard work mate.

I don't think I have said thank you, Genesis. VCom is excellent. I'm looking forward to using the addon version on my dedicated server.

Thank you Lucidity! I appreciate your response. Let me know about any bugs you come across.

Will be scrambling to test the addon version the moment it is released. Thanks for all your hard work mate.

Thanks Kremator, I appreciate it. Let me know if you find any bugs. I'm sure they will be there :>

AI Pack Download UPDATE

- Version 1.06

- Version 1.06 ADDON

Changelog

- Addon version now available

-Changed bullet hit detection. It's not perfect but should help cut down on desync

-Implemented backbone for morale system. It currently doesn't do anything because I don't know how to implement it yet.

-Fixed units not using static weapons

-Added actual headless client/zeus support. AI script will run on any client and not just AI that belong to the server.

-Implemented the downing system a bit more full

AI can actually be killed while down :)

AI will call for help from other AI while down. The AI just needs a FAK or medikit to revive the AI

-AI will more aggressively plant satchels on buildings to kill players now

-Backbone for AI using mines on roads implemented now. Not functional yet - but it's coming.

-More optimizations and etc

Please let me know about any bugs

Thanks for the update, i look forward to being killed by explosive while in building, not sure how long that novelty will last.