genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

I was wondering is there an easy way to use this with headless client, just think 300-400 AI units with this script on a headless client with 20 of your buds all having great 45 + FPS. that would be cool.

Thanks for pointing that out... wasn't thinking along the lines of the command/variable use really but will use that instead. :D

Thx

-Raps

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but is there a way to get the units to behave in safe mode while following waypoints?

I was wondering is there an easy way to use this with headless client, just think 300-400 AI units with this script on a headless client with 20 of your buds all having great 45 + FPS. that would be cool.

Yeah! You would just have to put the spawned AI into the group of the H.C.

I think I will add in an option to make it easier for players to spawn into H.C. units.

Thanks for pointing that out... wasn't thinking along the lines of the command/variable use really but will use that instead. :D

Thx

-Raps

Thanks for being so awesome and supporting me :D!

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but is there a way to get the units to behave in safe mode while following waypoints?

I would have to see what you're doing :< The units follow waypoints when not in combat (before being engaged)

hi, thanks for this mod, I'm enjoying it a lot. I just updated for the first time since you first posted and i'm now getting the following error on the bottom of the screen after a few minutes: Bis_Fnc_selectrandom Array has no elements

hi, thanks for this mod, I'm enjoying it a lot. I just updated for the first time since you first posted and i'm now getting the following error on the bottom of the screen after a few minutes: Bis_Fnc_selectrandom Array has no elements

Same here.

Genesis92x,

I noticed the static MG guys seem to setup sometimes in front of an object much higher than their barrel making them ineffective.

Maybe if they setup prefering elevated spots instead?

Edited by sttosin

Bis_Fnc_selectrandom Array has no elements - Same error here.

Hmm. I think I know where this error is coming from. I will see if I can whip a fix up really quick.

On another note. I just finished all my graduation paperwork so I can finally start work on ArmA again. (It just never ended! Gheesh)

On another note. I just finished all my graduation paperwork

congratz, btw is there a way to set the max spotting range for AI?

congratz, btw is there a way to set the max spotting range for AI?

In the init.sqf inside the VCOMAi folder, you can set response range and you can adjust the values for their spot distance and spot time :)

Hey guys, just another update here.

AI Pack Download

- Version 1.04

Changes for 1.04:

-Removed annoying error (hopefully) about BIS_fnc_selectrandom spam. It should be gone now. Let me know if it isn't

-Redid some background scripts, getting ready for more complex animation system and additional features (AI will soon be counting the # of known enemies and responding accordingly)

Congratulations on graduation.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hey buddy,

the latest release is spamming the report again... spawned units with vehicles and such. Hope this helps...

if (_Unit in (units _CargoGroup)) then {
unassignVehic>
 Error position: <units _CargoGroup)) then {
unassignVehic>
 Error units: Type Array, expected Object,Group
Error in expression <_Unit;
doGetOut _Unit;
};
unassignVehic>
unassignVehic>
doGetOut _Unit;
};
unassignVehic>
unassignVehic>

-Raps

hey buddy,

the latest release is spamming the report again... spawned units with vehicles and such. Hope this helps...

unassignVehic>
unassignVehic>
doGetOut _Unit;
};
unassignVehic>
unassignVehic>
doGetOut _Unit;
};
unassignVehic>
unassignVehic>

-Raps

That's really strange. I sat in a mission for 15 minutes without a problem...might be related to a specific event. Raptor do you have the mission for me to borrow? Or tell me when the error is occurring? It looks like it's not locating _Unit properly - but only in certain situations.

Will do some testing of the latest version now genesis92x.

Will do some testing of the latest version now genesis92x.

Thank you! I'm at work so I can't do much... I appreciate your help!

Thanks guys :>

Hi,

I edited a mission with more than 2000 AI in Takistan, yesterday i combined my mission with your AI VCOM script and i play with a friend for 1 hour. Your script its the best. The ai moves and fight as real. Alive mod its full combatible with VCOM and combined makes arma 3 perfect. Congratulations for your work. Now its required for me to set VCOM in all of my missions. Good job.

Hi,

I edited a mission with more than 2000 AI in Takistan, yesterday i combined my mission with your AI VCOM script and i play with a friend for 1 hour. Your script its the best. The ai moves and fight as real. Alive mod its full combatible with VCOM and combined makes arma 3 perfect. Congratulations for your work. Now its required for me to set VCOM in all of my missions. Good job.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to say such nice things :> Hopefully I can continue to fix errors and other issues...

AI Pack Download UPDATE

- Version 1.05

Changelog

- Weapon squads should only deploy their static weapons IF they have a line of sight on enemies.

- Fixed deathly .RPT spam. I apologize for any issues this may have caused. :(

Quick note: If any server owners are looking to use these scripts , please keep an eye on your RPT file. I was unable to reproduce any RPT spam but I believe I have fixed the issue due to the contributions by Raptor.

-Added new suppression system

AI will play new animations when suppressed, there is a chance that AI will fall to the ground instead of just slowly laying down while under fire.

-Wounded System

The wounded system can be toggled on/off at will in the init.sqf. Not only can AI get their "wind" knocked out of them, they can become incapacitated now. There is a chance that a wounded AI will become perma-capped (Meaning they lay on the ground in pain) until they are healed.

-Added reload time to the AI skills config

-Fixed AI support responses to combat. AI should react much more effectively to near-by combat. Make sure to edit the init.sqf to your hearts content!

In other news. I figured out how to create addons, so I will be creating an addon for this pretty soon...I would like to get a more stable version out first however.

Thanks and please let me know about any issues!

Awesome, will test tonight thanks!

EDIT: Just a heads up, im not sure if your example mission is the correct mission you want to ship with it? it doesn't seem setup right although everyone probably tests differently on there own setups.

Edited by Katipo66

I was getting an error and fixed it in HitNear.sqf line 33:

Error:

Error in expression <Nil "_Point") exitWith {};

_UnitGroup = group _Point;

{

_CheckDistance = (_hit>

Error position: <group _Point;

{

_CheckDistance = (_hit>

Error group: Type Array, expected Object

Source:

Fix:

_UnitGroup = group _unit;

EDIT: Just a heads up, im not sure if your example mission is the correct mission you want to ship with it? it doesn't seem setup right although everyone probably tests differently on there own setups.

Yeahhhh I shipped the wrong test mission. It's not a big deal but I will go ahead and change that so there's some AI to shoot at.

Thank you :D!

I was getting an error and fixed it in HitNear.sqf line 33:

Error:

Error in expression <Nil "_Point") exitWith {};

{

_CheckDistance = (_hit>

Error position: <group _Point;

{

_CheckDistance = (_hit>

Error group: Type Array, expected Object

Source:

Fix:

_UnitGroup = group _unit;

Hm, was this a mission without any enemies? I made a mistake and shipped the included mission without any AI. It's fixed now - but that error will pop up in an enemy-less mission.

_UnitGroup = group _Point is the correct code. That's strange that it errored out for you, I will do some more testing.

_UnitGroup = group _unit will pull the group of the shooting player

Edited by Genesis92x

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Thanks Foxhound!!