Sign in to follow this  
PVT Watt.J

HVT Interaction Script

2014_04_14_00011.jpg

Download:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kf9b7KVnnfVHNBSXJXRnBhcXM/edit?usp=sharing

Requirements:

-CBA

Description:

This script is designed for use on hostage/HVT capture missions. Tested on local machines AND dedicated servers. I made it for a "Black Hawk Down" style mission for use by MSOG, but figured it may have some use for others.

NOTICE:

-This script will not be updated at regular intervals.

-I may post updates for new identified issues and as required for missions I design in the future.

-Feel free to request features, but don't expect much.

LICENSE:

I release this under the Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)

APL-SA.png.

Functionality:

-Grab the HVT: Use the action on the HVT and you will be able to keep him attached tight to your 9 o'clock. You will still have access to your weapons while moving the HVT.

-Stance matching: HVT will attempt to match your stance. Need to hit the deck? HVT will too!

-Release HVT: Simply use action and HVT will be released.

-Vehicle integration: Get into a vehicle with the HVT attached and he will get into cargo with you (if there is room). At this point, he joins your squad and may be ordered out. You may then grab him again.

Setup:

Place scripts in the mission folder and add in the init line of the HVT(s):

this addaction["<t color='#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2"];

Known Issues:

-HVT does not play correct movement animations (Feature: He's been given roller skates!). If you have a practical way to fix this please let me know!

-HVT does not collide properly with walls/terrain. If you have a practical way to fix this please let me know!

-HVT sometimes fails to match crouching stance. If you have a practical way to fix this please let me know!

Change Log:

v1.0- Initial release

v1.1- HVT leaves group upon release

Edited by Shadow_MSOG

Update

Additional features which might be added in the future:

-Action to make HVT leave group

-Order civilians to put hands up at a distance (30m or so) using always-present action + checking cursortarget

-Restrain/ID/Inventory civilians

-Intel/Interrogation

-Armed civilians/Suicide bombers

Edited by Shadow_MSOG

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Much appreciated, Foxhound.

The only issue I've encountered is the HVT joins and wont leave the squad after?

The only issue I've encountered is the HVT joins and wont leave the squad after?

Thanks for your feedback, AtinAkiri.

I can certainly add a "Leave Group" action at some point. While this more of an absent feature than an "issue", I will add it to known issues so that it is known. For the moment, I recommend just giving the HVT a move order to somewhere out of the way and ignore him once you don't need him any more.

Thanks for your feedback, AtinAkiri.

I can certainly add a "Leave Group" action at some point. While this more of an absent feature than an "issue", I will add it to known issues so that it is known. For the moment, I recommend just giving the HVT a move order to somewhere out of the way and ignore him once you don't need him any more.

Keeping him in the squad is good for a simple rescue mission, but its a pain when you want to stay organized.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

I try to do this with Zeus but seems not working :(

I put two SQF at my mission folder and put this

this addaction["<t color=#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2];

line at Excute and nothing happened :(

I try to do this with Zeus but seems not working :(

I put two SQF at my mission folder and put this

this addaction["<t color=#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2];

line at Excute and nothing happened :(

Not tested with Zeus yet so can't comment too much. There's nothing about the script that should conflict with zeus so it's probably just an issue with initialization. Try placing down a unit named "Bob", then start mission and go into debug console and bob addaction["<t color=#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2];

Not tested with Zeus yet so can't comment too much. There's nothing about the script that should conflict with zeus so it's probably just an issue with initialization. Try placing down a unit named "Bob", then start mission and go into debug console and bob addaction["<t color=#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2];

Sorry i didn't double checked, seems like it works with Zeus, pretty shame that character didn't drop any weapon,

except that, I can carry HVT and put them in to vehicle freely, thanks for your great script work :)

I've been looking for something like this. Thanks for sharing!

With the zeus or mcc, it's only showed too who put that script. Move HVT is shown to who place the script with Zeus or MCC

didn't try with Editor since we are playing at Live mission :( sorry

With the zeus or mcc, it's only showed too who put that script. Move HVT is shown to who place the script with Zeus or MCC

Are you sure you executed the init line globally? There is no reason it shouldn't be compatible.

Im having some issues with using this so far, I have the files in my mission folder and I put this addaction["<t color=#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2]; on the init field of the unit and I get the option in game but when I select move HVT it doesnt seem to do anything, what am I doing wrong? lol

Nice script, I like it very much . I used it on 4 blufor soldiers that where captured. I also tried it on a Taliban leader that was unarmed. It worked well on a local server but on the dedicated the unit was loosing the addaction "Capture HVT" . Weird stuff. Any idea? In his init I disarm him first, added your line of code and finally moved him in a SUV with moveincargo. My plan was to stop the car and capture him.

Like I said all good locally on my server.

Looks very promising. Can I request that you make it compatible with units which are spawned/despawned later in the mission? Based on side, faction or classname for the units to capture that we configure in the script so that the addaction is automatically added for every unit. Another idea is to maybe add some sort of handcuffing and be able to fireman carry them. I'll use it in a mission tonight. Thanks for releasing.

Does this script have to be on a BLUFOR or OPFOR unit? I tried this script with a civilian and when I did 'Move HVT', nothing happened. The HVT just kept walking around like a civilian.

Looks very promising. Can I request that you make it compatible with units which are spawned/despawned later in the mission? Based on side, faction or classname for the units to capture that we configure in the script so that the addaction is automatically added for every unit.

Yes, I am looking into this.

Another idea is to maybe add some sort of handcuffing and be able to fireman carry them. I'll use it in a mission tonight. Thanks for releasing.

Yep, those are interesting possibilities, may look into them in the future. Enjoy the mission!

Does this script have to be on a BLUFOR or OPFOR unit? I tried this script with a civilian and when I did 'Move HVT', nothing happened. The HVT just kept walking around like a civilian.

Unable to reproduce any problems here. I was able to grab/release BLUFOR, OPFOR and civilian units. Please post a mission file so I can examine.

Nice script, I like it very much . I used it on 4 blufor soldiers that where captured. I also tried it on a Taliban leader that was unarmed. It worked well on a local server but on the dedicated the unit was loosing the addaction "Capture HVT" . Weird stuff. Any idea? In his init I disarm him first, added your line of code and finally moved him in a SUV with moveincargo. My plan was to stop the car and capture him.

Can you please send in a mission file so I can see it reproduced?

Put this in the init line of the unit you want to play as an HVT in the MCC's 3D editor:

_this addaction["<t color='#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2"];