Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Some people should not hold weapons.... (Skull Mask)

It's been a long time since I've dabbled with hats, so I wanted to do something a bit special.

A day one challenge, in where I try to make something half decent in a day, including sculpting a high poly model, retopo into a low poly, unwrapping, texturing, O2 stuff, config etc, it was a fun project and I hope to do more in the future.

Without further a due, I present the Skull Mask, it's totally way better than my balaclava, and any cool people should really use this instead, I will be making another update soon so it actually has ballistic armour etc, so it'll be quite functional as headgear.

Become a bonafide baddass today, or not, it's up to you lady man.

1_zps696156e7.jpg

2_zps867514d5.jpg

Here is the download link with the usual open source goodies as well as the PBO: http://www.multiupload.nl/73Q2RFXOH0

Classnames

kio_skl_msk

kio_skl_msk_red

kio_skl_msk_grn

Update 1: New download link, this doesn't come with the source files, so you'll still need to grab the first link if you want all that jazz, otherwise, here is the new PBO.

http://www.multiupload.nl/LJEXEKSUWP

Changes include:

Fixed specular map

Added armour values, you'll be saved ONCE, rarely twice when shot in the head, depending on caliber.

Added 2 more variants through hidden selections (red and green)

Hidden selections are now supported.

Enjoy, please leave feedback and have a good time killing shit!

o/

Oh by the way, if you guys have an idea for any hats/masks/helmets etc, I'm open for suggestions, preferably stuff that I can sculpt with Zbrush (I'm trying to improve in that aspect).

Edited by Kiory

Would be cool if there was some sort of Psychological effect on the AI when they see you, like a loss in courage or something, making them run, or hide, or scatter to positions of cover.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@kio_skull_mask.png

@ Kiory;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Nice work. I saw you making it on your stream, but thought it must be for a different game, so I watched a movie...

Geez. That really strikes me as some trippy special forces psyops stuff. It's bad enough when people do black face paint on black ops, but a skull mask is positively... *snerk*... ghoulish.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Kiory does it support hiddenselections?

Not yet, but I can make it so, I'll work it in with the update later.

It really makes me think of a cross between punisher and the mask!

The punisher part makes sense, as I did loosely base it on a ballistic helmet based on the punisher. :P

Edited by Kiory

WOOOOOW!!!

I am a fan of Mike Loh, already a few years ... and now, you can be sure, I am also your fan! LOL

GOOD WORK!!!

I have some suggestions on the "real" 3d model of Mike Loh ...

1: back side

1017740_10203323155617023_3092931685249817581_n.jpg

1531655_10203323155657024_7344749143380519194_n.jpg

2: how the model really should behave in L/R side of head

this=

10269535_10203323260259639_4277480609821604288_n.jpg

not this=

10247254_10203323259659624_2842962010884076123_n.jpg

or do in a way that reminds more "army of two game" hiding the ear...

look like this:

10173514_10203323306540796_8445671541874064559_n.jpg

(sorry, I have not found a better picture)

about my suggestions textures:

http://uratz-studios.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 Mike Loh Projects Page

and all styles of the game "Army of Two"

I'm sorry if I overtook my limits on your project, but really I was very happy to see your work! I accompany your post daily!

keep it up!

:icon_dj:

Thanks for the feedback, but as I've mentioned, it was loosely based on the first image you posted and I didn't even know it had a backside like that, I may add it in the future.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

New update, check first post to see list of changes.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank god you made this. :) Mine sucked in comparison - hell, they probably don't even work anymore.

Kiory, may i use this as a template and maybe add some more textures to it or manipulate the model to further cover the head?