Sign in to follow this  
denco

How to use ImageToPAA

Does anyone know how to use it?

Hi Denco - yes, here's how. Create your image. Save it as a .png or .jpeg file or something similar. Download ArmA Tools. Open your image with TexView2. Select RGBA from the first drop down box and DXT5 from the second. Then save the file with the affix .paa. You should now have a valid image compatible with ArmA3. Enjoy!

Thanks for a quick response Kydomios but I cannot find TexView2 in my arma 3 tools folder.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Nvm got it working by using jpg extension of the picture. This thread can be closed.

Actually I've got the same problem trying to convert WSS to WAV. I used the command line and went to my arma tools directory. Then I ran WSSDEC [myfile] and I get this error "WSSDEC is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or a batch file".

What am I doing wrong?

TexView isn't (now) part of Arma 3 Tools, you can get it with BI Tools 2.5 or Poseidon.

For ImageToPaa, keep in mind your file must be X^2 (e.g.: 512^2 or 4096^2) and a valid PNG, JPG or TGA. When you have a valid image file, simply drag your and drop over ImageToPaa.exe

Arguments, ImageToPAA

Usage: pal2pace [-size=<n>] <source> [<destination>]

Arguments, WAVToWSS

Usage: WaveToSSS <options> <source>

Options: -d8 8b deltapack

-d4 4b deltapack (voice)

-play play the sound instead converting it

Edited by tom_48_97

Hello everyone, when i try to use the imagetoPAA.exe i get "Missing registry entry HKEY....../Software\BIStudio\TextureConverter Vertify application is installed correctly"

What am i doing wrong?

You must run AddonBuilder from Steam (Library >> Tools >> Arma # Tools >> Play Arma 3 Tools) to perform the install (including registry keys).