Sign in to follow this  
loophole_62ndff

Getting AI to Enter Buildings

Pardon my ignorance, but the first thing I did was run through the Zeus showcase mission, and pretty much the first thing I wanted to do was get the AI to climb up into one of the watch-towers. I must be missing something, but how do you do that? I can see how you could create AI on (and maybe in) a building, or drag them into/onto a building (if allowed), but how do you just get them to walk in there normally?

I was having the same issue, it is possible, just very hard.

Although it's impossible to place AI waypoints on the upper floors of structures from the start, once they are down you can use the usual click+alt to adjust their height. The problem is on at least the watchtower (Haven't tried other structures) instead of going to the waypoint itself, they simply walk underneath it which then completes the waypoint 90% of the time. Occasionally, if you manage to hit the right spot, they will walk up into the tower, but its very hard to do so.

I would suggest that instead of placing a specific waypoint for buildings, you can somehow set a position for the AI to occupy (Like you can do with the editor, if you don't know what i'm talking about)