TacoTuesday

How do cost tables work?

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out the cost table function but don't even know where to begin with getting it to work. Can someone post an idiot's guide to making this work?

I feel like I am messing up with the first step as the example

[["A3_Characters_F_","A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01"],"xls"] spawn bis_fnc_exportCuratorCostTable;

as it gives me the "Type Script, expected Nothing" when I try to call it from a trigger.

Check Using Cost Tables on Biki.

Thanks for the reply but I don't understand something fundamental to the process and I'm not sure what.

I think I am getting stuck on calling the function: I don't really "get" how to get it to work properly. or where the example code would go.

Edited by TacoTuesday

I'm lost with this myself. I read the wiki and it isn't really all that clear. The export function seems broken, won't get parsed by excel or openoffice.

bump? ive been trying to make a zeus mission, and have only iron front addons show up, and on top of that i wanted to individually set the price.... Has anyone successfully even used a cost table? because even the example they give on the wiki is broken, it only shows the cars.

Calling the cost table you need to first go to whatever save you want to do the cost table out of, and open notepad(preferebly something with script enhancers like notepad+).

on the first line put ex: ["A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR", "A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01"], "ods"] spawn BIS_fnc_exportCuratorCostTable; (from wiki). 
NOTICE: the wiki is actually missing an extra bracket, to open the argument. Took me a bit to notice this, so make sure to add the "[" from the copied wiki or type it out yourself. Otherwise you will receive an error.

It'll look like this: [["A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR", "A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01"], "ods"] spawn BIS_fnc_exportCuratorCostTable;

then save the file as the name init.sqf and move the file into the mission save point which is usually located C:\Users\kevin\OneDrive\Documents\Arma 3\missions\"X"

Launch the mission (you don't need to close arma just make sure you restart the mission if in game), and it will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on your parameters. after the game loads in, alt + tab, and open "OpenOffice Calc" as stated in the wiki, and select the first box.
Ctrl + V and a window should prompt, just hit okay. Boom, cost table generated. Follow the rest of the wiki to export it back into the game/ init.sqf file