Sign in to follow this  
Plungedcashew

Arma 2 CO Connecting Failed (only one person out of four)

Hi. So here is the entire story. I have a server in my home that I use to host a public arma II Combined Ops server. I have opened ports 2302, 2303, 2304, and 2305 through my router both TCP and UDP. So far myself and three other players around the country have been in game on my server, all of them can connect flawlessly. This one guy however cannot connect. He has also forwarded all three ports and has opened them in his Windows Firewall. He tries to connect to the server and on my end in the server's console it does NOT display his attempted connection. This is a phenomena that I have heard about but have found no fix.

This is by far the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of as myself and my friend have a bit of networking background. Out of the 4 of us we cannot tell what could possibly be wrong! This is a crazy issue and if anyone could throw ideas at us that would be the best help aside from finding the solution first try. THANKS EVERYONE!

I have the same problem. All of my friends can connect to a server, but i get a connecting failed message. I've looked on every forum, and asked everybody, but apparently i'm the only one with this unique problem. When i click Join Server, after about 5 seconds is kicks be back out of the server saying connecting failed. I can see the servers name, IP, Ping, and players on it. I tried opening the arma ports as listed above, AND the firewall thing. (I set it all up correctly, and did this a while ago)

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. :(

My guess is a problem with a specific brand of router.... If you can try directly connecting to the net or swap in a different router to test. Also it might be obvious but make sure you are running everything as admin (steam, arma, any launchers) and that Steam is not in offline mode.

Also make sure you are running the same mods too. It will not let you connect if the server has that feature checked off. Make sure your battle-eye is up to date as well.