Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HAFM ArmA 2 UK Wheeled - Import

Is this in essence its own Mod, ie should this @Folder be dropped in as is, or does it need merging with the old one?

Is this in essence its own Mod, ie should this @Folder be dropped in as is, or does it need merging with the old one?

A new mod. Definitely don't run both mods at the same time.

Yes, sorry run this as a new mod. It'll be part of a bigger pack soon.

I don't know, this whole update was little chaotic. Firstly it was not working, then it was working ok and then next day it was back at the original version. I have no idea why.. :D

This is silly, Aplion has released all his files, allowed people to use the models etc - as long as they credit, but the original mod lies dormant, broken never to be fixed ?

That's ridiculous, surely if we have permission we should do the guy the honor to make sure his mod is correctly repaired and maintained ?

No changes have been made, just corrections to incorrect code ?

I would totally get it if he's disappeared and not released the ip, but he released it, so.... ?

The alternative is we just pick the whole thing up lock stock and barrel - correct the errors and re-publish it under our own name ? Surely that's super inefficient ?

I'm happy to do it, but it just seems a waste of time when we could correct the original and save everyone on bandwidth

I was personally ok with the update, the only thing that bothered me was the keys (we had problems on our server). I didn't requested the rollback, I guess that the pws staff figured out that it was not official update, something similiar happened with @caf_ag.

I understand you, but if you update it this way.. it's just not good. Example is hafm helos, there was over 5 fixes from different people. And the same situation could (or couldn't) occur here. Since only Flax with Goodson are updating the mod here, if they would take over this thread / mod and only them would update the mod, that would be something else. It could be released on armaholic and also on pws officially the right way and everyone would know these guys are looking after this mod.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

hmm ok I'll ask Jamie when He's back from holiday if he'll "officially" un-officially release it.

SJ

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Well ... its been a long time since the last time I was reading the posts here ... so ... has anyone the willing to summarize the major issues for me ? I might be able to help ... who knows :)

Hey Aplion, hopefully I can help

Issues - weapons zoomed in to far as default.

Suspension set too soft, caused wobbling on high speed roads

Stryker_Dead animation on load +some RPT spam I think about missing bones ?

This was the most recent version published as a fix. But it got rolled back by the 6 team as non official - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37604578/%40UKAF_Pre.zip

Hope that helps - let us know as we were just about to push a new version out with fixes - but would MUCH rather just have the original corrected as it seems silly having lots of slightly different versions on PW6

SJ

Hey Aplion, hopefully I can help

Issues - weapons zoomed in to far as default.

Suspension set too soft, caused wobbling on high speed roads

Stryker_Dead animation on load +some RPT spam I think about missing bones ?

This was the most recent version published as a fix. But it got rolled back by the 6 team as non official - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37604578/%40UKAF_Pre.zip

Hope that helps - let us know as we were just about to push a new version out with fixes - but would MUCH rather just have the original corrected as it seems silly having lots of slightly different versions on PW6

SJ

Thx bro.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hafm_a2_ukport.png

@ Aplion;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Sonsalt - not sure what your latest update is ? Just a name change ? Or is this the versions with the community fixes ?

Confused as the size looks to be the same ?

The whole Jackal/Landrover thing seems to be getting a bit messy now. The main thing that confuses me is who's 'fixed' version shall I download? I know exactly which version to download but most people won't ;) There's a few links on this forum, there's just been a fixed version by Grace uploaded to armaholic... and now it seems there's a replacement config addon aswell. I can't help but thinking it's going to end up like HAFM helicopters where there's like half a dozen different versions of the same mod that are basically identical. Can something official be worked out between everyone who's doing work with these vehicles? and maybe create a new 'mod' or agree something with Aplion that people can work on it and update the HAFM stuff on armaholic etc? This whole thing with people fixing mods and then the broken versions remaining on armaholic/Play with Six is a bit strange. God knows how many people have been dowloading L85's without sounds off these places ;)

Great work btw guys, nice to see these vehicles are still being worked on!

Bravo93 its not like anyone needs Apilions permission though to fix his mod because he made it open source. What the sitaution seems to be is that the PW6 guys won't re-release what is just a fixed that has been made by Goodson because it is exactly that made by Goodson. I'm confused and totally agree with you that it is messy and needs fixing, but a whole new mod being created is not the answer I feel.

Anyone know why i get a horrible buzzing noise when i get in the jackals? Landrovers are fine but i get a strange noise in jackals.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Well ive found out why but dont know a fix. Im using allinarma and that for some reason is whats making it buzz.