Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HAFM ArmA 2 UK Wheeled - Import

Super fine vehicle port you have made.

I'm getting the "stryker dead ammo" thing as well, but noticed that you have that under control already. Any ETA on the update?

Tagging on to the wobble issue here:

Skip ahead to 2:50 for the wobble. AI is driving, I'm along for the ride seeing how the unit handles the road and contact.

I'm in a preview from the 2d Editor here as I was testing out the jackal's for use on our dedicated server. The only packs I had running here with the following:

-A2 Helo Import

-Massi's African Conflict

-Massi's NATO/RU Weapons pack

-ShackTac Hud

-Random editor mods/little things.

I'll post another video in two days when I get home with all mods off, running vanilla A3 with a wobble as well. So it's not mods causing this. It's a PhysX issue. This vid is all I had handy while here @ work but I'll get another with a much more pronounced wobble with mods on and off.

The wobble happens for me in SP, Local MP, Dedicated MP and for everyone on our server. It's really the only complaint we've ever had but we adapted to it by just staying around 60kph or lower when driving on the hardball. Off road we don't really run into the wobble very often unless we're nose down on a hill at full throttle with no steering input being made.. which is rare.

EDIT: We also use your HMMWV import pack as well and love it. No wobble there and those things sure can take a beating.

Edited by Handicap

We've managed to fix the wobbling issue with the Jackals by making a slight change to the config values.

Line 1190 to 1191 in config.cpp

springStrength = 801234; // HAFM default: 201234
springDamperRate = 80600.6; // HAFM default: 20600.6

No more wobbling, woo!

Thanks to RedPhoenix for his pointers on vehicle configs:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163352-Refined-Vehicles/page29

We've managed to fix the wobbling issue with the Jackals by making a slight change to the config values.

Line 1190 to 1191 in config.cpp

springStrength = 801234; // HAFM default: 201234
springDamperRate = 80600.6; // HAFM default: 20600.6

No more wobbling, woo!

Plus one on this makes these vehicles able to travel well over 60!

Great news a fix has been found for the rocking! The 'OFP2 man skeleton' errors spamming the RPT are a little frustrating. Especially on a server with 70+ guys ;) I wonder if those could be fixed, apparently its an issue with virtually all A2 ports. Shame because on large servers the spam apparently does cause issues.

As Aplion is out of modding for now, I'll work with Goodson to get this released with some updates to the Physx going of of the Refined Vehicles from RedPhoenix and I'll take a look around to see if I can sort the RPT spam.

The issue with the Jackal's gunner view has been fixed (used to be permanently zoomed in).

6FBi95ul.jpg

I'll send Aplion a PM and see if he can release this officially, along with the 'wobbling' fix. Flax has also fixed a few errors that were popping up, namely the "No entry config.bin/cfgmovesmalesdr/States/Stryker_dead.connectfrom" error.

I'll send Aplion a PM and see if he can release this officially, along with the 'wobbling' fix. Flax has also fixed a few errors that were popping up, namely the "No entry config.bin/cfgmovesmalesdr/States/Stryker_dead.connectfrom." error.

I can guarantee you that you will receive no answer at least for a month or so. Vacation and stuff if you know what I mean and don't forget when he said his out until further notice.

Goodson, thank you so much, ;) did you also do this change for the commanders view as well?

The issue with the Jackal's gunner view has been fixed (used to be permanently zoomed in).

http://i.imgur.com/6FBi95ul.jpg

I'll send Aplion a PM and see if he can release this officially, along with the 'wobbling' fix. Flax has also fixed a few errors that were popping up, namely the "No entry config.bin/cfgmovesmalesdr/States/Stryker_dead.connectfrom" error.

Didn´t Aplion opened his work and source files so anyone willing to fix and expand his work could do so? It´s a polite manner to PM about the fix, but not necessarily needed!

This fix is quite welcome =)

cheers!

I'm quite happy to re-release the work Goodson and I have done. It'll be under a different mod name with appropriate credit to Apilon since he opened this up to us all. Goodson you cool with this?

Goodson, thank you so much, ;) did you also do this change for the commanders view as well?

Yep ;)

I'm quite happy to re-release the work Goodson and I have done. It'll be under a different mod name with appropriate credit to Apilon since he opened this up to us all. Goodson you cool with this?

I'll PM you. I'm also working on fixing the bullet impact effects. E.g (for HAFM US Helicopters):

BnZamtJh.jpg

We'll want to include this as well.

Yep ;)

I'll PM you. I'm also working on fixing the bullet impact effects. E.g (for HAFM US Helicopters):

Does this happen with the UK ground vehicles as well then? If so yes a must include.

If you guys could also fix the massive RPT spam involving 'skeleton errors' that would be amazing. We really want the jackals/landy's in our missions but with 70+ guys each spamming all those errors to the server RPT it's just not viable at the moment which is a shame. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, massive RPT spam can often cause desync and it's amplified by large numbers of players. At the moment in a typical mission we'll get about 40,000 lines of it from various mods.

Edited by Bravo93

RPT is fixed as far as I'm aware. I'll double check later and verify.

I'm getting this error with this Mod now for some reason??

Yea that's fixed too. I'm handing this over to 16AA in the next day or two for some stress testing/ critical eyes then I'll look to release the fixes along with some other stuff I have going.

Flax_ don't forget to credit Goodson who did the config fixes :-)

Flax_ don't forget to credit Goodson who did the config fixes :-)

Of course - he's already in there... :) Also turns out RPT spam isn't fixed I keep looking into that.