Sign in to follow this  
terox

Tutorial: How to switch server browser from Gamespy to Steam

I only just found this out today, Kudos to Sancron

I dont believe it's documented anywhere. (Thanks B.I)

Open up your game and get into the Mp server browser

At the top right there are 2 fields, by default they are listed as

GAMESPY | ADDRESS: INTERNET

Left click on gamespy, it will be replaced by STEAM

job done

For server admins:

It would appear the ability for the server to report to steam is automatic, as in I haven't configged the server to report to steam at all, it seems to be doing it anyway even when reportingIP is pointed to gamespy

Edited by Terox

It's all here too http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00050

What I am interested in knowing is if the following still applies or is another port forward required?

Example Server:

2300 UDP (steamport)

2301 UDP (Steam query port)

2302 UDP (used for game)

2303 UDP (used for server reporting)

2304 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)

2305 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

We hava a dedicated for Arma 3 and it only shows up on Gamespy, doesn't show on Steam. I was about to start a new post but found this one.

My question: How do you change your server config so that it shows in Steam instead of Gamespy? We are getting closer to the 31st and haven't heard anything on the subject. The only info i found was in a post by Maruk ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175463-End-of-Gamespy ) and it says : "That said, direct IP connection to servers should work even after Gamespy services are no longer available." So do we just wait and it will "migrate" to Steam automatically? Or this is just if the person that has the direct IP to our server?

I'm confused and can't figure it out.

If your server is already reporting to Gamespy, then it is also already reporting to Steam.

(This is automatic and there is nothing else to config for this not even the reporting IP)

The ingame steam browser is poor and slow by comparison, almost unuseable in it's present state.

It reports to steam on the same port it reports to Gamespy (By default 2303 (port + 1))

To verify that your server is reporting (Which it will be) check your Steam client's server listing

Edited by Terox

@Terox

So just to be completely clear. As a server admin who uses an HFBservers Arma 3 game server I do not have to do anything to my reportingIP = arma3 gamespy blah blah blah after May 31st 2014. The server will still report to the correct port and show up on the STEAM server filter. Thanks.

Correct, you dont have to do anything