As for the waypoint cycle command could you be a little more specific? Zeus can already do waypoint cycling by Alt+Clicking when placing a waypoint.

Well, you learn something everyday !!

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yay! Great work! But could you do some finetuning on the helicopter land/hover module? He want to land where i put the module on the heli and not on the next waypoint.

Module suggestion:

"Invisible Target" - Place on the map. Targetable, shootable marking, if your order the Unit/the turret will look in the direction.

"Force fire" - Select Weapon, duration and/or shots.

The Combination of both will make ambiente and cover fire and maybe a better control for CAS, even with helicopter. Artillery possibility, too.

In every case you doing a great job dude! Thank you very much!

Updated to 1.4:

-Fixed global and persistent issues with some modules

This will fix the issues with VAS and Recruit actions not showing up on units for non-Zeus players. Should also fix some oddities with the damage component module. This means that you can now use damage component on player occupied vehicles as well as the players themselves :)

@Foxhound - Sorry that you have to keep updating things on Armaholic. The release rate will definitely slow down soon. Just working on major features and critical bugs.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

chessmaster42, no problem at all mate! Dedicated authors are much appreciated :)

#1 - Doable and I've tested it. Problem is that it fades the screen for everyone including the Zeus player. Need to find a way around that.

#2 - Also doable but not sure how to do the chatting. Simplest way would be to ask for the message in a dialog text input. What would work best?

For the chatting, yeah I think having a dialog text input would probably be best, as long as it shows the name of that character when it's displayed. Maybe multiple options for what sort of chat (global, side, etc)?

Awesome stuff so far though, loving it.

I've noticed the arrows on the module boxes don't seem clickable (for example when choosing a part to damage on the set damage module), i have to use the arrow keys to change between them. Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Another couple module suggestions:

-garrison building: so the AI squad this is used on would garrison whatever building is near them, setting up spots in the windows as if you told them the postiions as a squad leader. There's currently no good way to do this in Zeus, you can place a waypoint and move it's elevation up, but that's very fiddly, and doesn't always work. The only other way is manually moving them, but sometimes this isn't an option.

-Switch on/off IR lasers: found the need to want to do this to an AI squad of spec ops, would be pretty simple and useful I think.

i still cant get any of the things fixed in the latest update to work, the recruiting, capture and VAS

Good job on this. :)

I think the request made before "3. and finally, one where you use it on an infantry unit, and it makes them play animations (with the ability to make them loop), such as talking animation" is not such a bad idea. This has been limited to people with more "know how", and its one of those things that let you create missions that are more immersive. Seeing 2 generals talk to eachother instead of just standing there. Having a whole enemy base where some are working on a car, and some doing exercises etc etc. I think its a very cool and mission immersive function if possible for you to do.

Keep up the good work. ;)

For the chatting, yeah I think having a dialog text input would probably be best, as long as it shows the name of that character when it's displayed. Maybe multiple options for what sort of chat (global, side, etc)?

Awesome stuff so far though, loving it.

I've noticed the arrows on the module boxes don't seem clickable (for example when choosing a part to damage on the set damage module), i have to use the arrow keys to change between them. Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Another couple module suggestions:

-garrison building: so the AI squad this is used on would garrison whatever building is near them, setting up spots in the windows as if you told them the postiions as a squad leader. There's currently no good way to do this in Zeus, you can place a waypoint and move it's elevation up, but that's very fiddly, and doesn't always work. The only other way is manually moving them, but sometimes this isn't an option.

-Switch on/off IR lasers: found the need to want to do this to an AI squad of spec ops, would be pretty simple and useful I think.

Most of these are covered by the things on my TODO list here: https://github.com/chessmaster42/curatorPresets/issues

As for the listbox issue it's a UI thing that is mostly due to laziness on my part but won't be difficult to fix. Just not sure yet when I'll get to that.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

i still cant get any of the things fixed in the latest update to work, the recruiting, capture and VAS

What kind of mission are you using and how are you running it (Editor, In-Game, Dedicated) ? Can you provide any logs?

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Good job on this. :)

I think the request made before "3. and finally, one where you use it on an infantry unit, and it makes them play animations (with the ability to make them loop), such as talking animation" is not such a bad idea. This has been limited to people with more "know how", and its one of those things that let you create missions that are more immersive. Seeing 2 generals talk to eachother instead of just standing there. Having a whole enemy base where some are working on a car, and some doing exercises etc etc. I think its a very cool and mission immersive function if possible for you to do.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Thanks! :)

As for the animations one I have it logged on my TODO list on the repository so it'll get done eventually. Not sure yet what the priority is but it's definitely one I'm going to be adding in the future.

This is a great addition to the game. Thanks chessmaster42. I am struggling with the 'land helicopter' module. If I spawn a helicopter and then send it off on a series of waypoints, when it stops and hovers at the last waypoint and I apply the 'land' module it flies back to where it spawned and lands there. This seems to happen even if the player unit is on board, The only way I can make it land at the last waypoint is to teleport the player unit to the ground at the last waypoint and the helicopter will then land there.

Updated to 1.5:

- Internal UI overhaul, Added Air Flight module, Added waypoint placement handler

The old helicopter modules are now gone as they are handled in the waypoint types within the waypoint handler. To use these just go to the bottom of the type list and use the "Land" or "Land - Get In" types. Also, the type "GUARD" is still a bit buggy but I have a guard trigger that gets set where the waypoint is set. This also puts an icon on-screen for the curator (can't remove the icon yet) where the guard trigger is placed.

Also, some of the list boxes may appear to not be working but will populate as soon as you click on them. You will also need to do this for the damage slider in the Damage Component module so that a value is set.

As always the main post has been updated with the new download link and updated changelog.

Enjoy! :)

Is there a way to make it a precise landing CM? I remember Mandoble had a script where you could even land an AI chopper on a roof, back in Arma2 days.

in game, local hosted. how can i get logs?

Your log files should be in a folder like this:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Then copy paste the contents to http://pastebin.com and post the link to the new paste and I'll take a look at it.

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

This is a great addition to the game. Thanks chessmaster42. I am struggling with the 'land helicopter' module. If I spawn a helicopter and then send it off on a series of waypoints, when it stops and hovers at the last waypoint and I apply the 'land' module it flies back to where it spawned and lands there. This seems to happen even if the player unit is on board, The only way I can make it land at the last waypoint is to teleport the player unit to the ground at the last waypoint and the helicopter will then land there.

With the updates in 1.5 this should no longer be an issue. Can update and let me know if its better now?

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Is there a way to make it a precise landing CM? I remember Mandoble had a script where you could even land an AI chopper on a roof, back in Arma2 days.

There isn't a way using basic commands but with some scripting it might be possible. Any chance you have that script or a link laying around that I can use?

Hello chessmaster42. Just tried the helicopter landing with your new update and it works perfectly. Thank you:yay:

Updated to 1.6:

-Added Unit Action module

-Added Unit Animation module (incomplete)

-Added Unit Chat module

-Improved Unit Surrender module

-Changed list boxes to combo boxes

-Misc UI improvements

The animation module is in there but it's not functional yet. I hope to have it working in the next version but it's proving to be more difficult than I originally thought. Also, the improvements to surrender mean that there is now an action put on surrendered units so that players and AI units can capture/secure the surrendered units.

As always, the main post has been updated with the new details.

Enjoy! :)

Hi,

Thanks for the great Zeus modules. I have been playing around with Bohemia's preset Zeus scenarions in multiplayer with few friends and the new functionality provided by this mod will expand the possibilities a lot! I am just having some trouble though...I would like to use Virtual Ammobox System but how do I do that on these Bohemia-scenarios? When I add the VAS-module to a truck for example, it just says that it can't find VAS/Open.sqf when I try to use it. I believe I should add the script somehow but how can this be done, if at all?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Your log files should be in a folder like this:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Then copy paste the contents to http://pastebin.com and post the link to the new paste and I'll take a look at it.

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

With the updates in 1.5 this should no longer be an issue. Can update and let me know if its better now?

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

There isn't a way using basic commands but with some scripting it might be possible. Any chance you have that script or a link laying around that I can use?

You'd probably need to create an invisible helipad on the exact spot you want them to land and then delete it once you're done with it.

Hi,

Thanks for the great Zeus modules. I have been playing around with Bohemia's preset Zeus scenarions in multiplayer with few friends and the new functionality provided by this mod will expand the possibilities a lot! I am just having some trouble though...I would like to use Virtual Ammobox System but how do I do that on these Bohemia-scenarios? When I add the VAS-module to a truck for example, it just says that it can't find VAS/Open.sqf when I try to use it. I believe I should add the script somehow but how can this be done, if at all?

Thank you for the help in advance!

This isn't possible with the pre-made scenarios. You will need to create your own mission file and add the VAS scripts to the mission file in order to use this. Due to the size of VAS and the complications of packing in another user's content into my mod I don't have any plans to include VAS itself in my mod. Sorry I can't be of more help on this. The VAS module was more of a convenience thing for myself for a mission which was the main reason for creating this addon to begin with. It's just grown into quite a few other things since then which I'm quite happy about :)

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

You'd probably need to create an invisible helipad on the exact spot you want them to land and then delete it once you're done with it.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to do some research. It might be possible and if so I'll be sure to get it into a future version. Thanks for the idea!

This isn't possible with the pre-made scenarios. You will need to create your own mission file and add the VAS scripts to the mission file in order to use this. Due to the size of VAS and the complications of packing in another user's content into my mod I don't have any plans to include VAS itself in my mod. Sorry I can't be of more help on this. The VAS module was more of a convenience thing for myself for a mission which was the main reason for creating this addon to begin with. It's just grown into quite a few other things since then which I'm quite happy about :)

Ok, no worries. I'll do some research on how to make custom Zeus scenarios then. :)

This is fantastic, keep up the great work! :D

edit: any chance you could make the dialog and dropdown menu bigger, vertically? the menu for actions is pretty hard to navigate 2-3 at a time, just cause there's so many. Should be plenty of screenspace, it could easily be 3-4 times taller. Thanks again!

Edited by Soulis6