Sign in to follow this  
blasturbator

Description.ext CTD

It might also be because of the missing quotation mark in hint format ["3/3];, you can spot it nicely because of the syntax highlighting changing in the above post.

I meant to ask this earlier, but is there a reason for specifically using

_name = "intel"; call compile format["%1 = _intelCase", _name];

instead of intel = _intelCase;? They're the same thing.

Edit: I see you also changed the trigger classname from EmptyDetector to CaseTrigger, was that intentional? I've never seen the latter used.

Edited by Magirot

It might also be because of the missing quotation mark in hint format ["3/3];, you can spot it nicely because of the syntax highlighting changing in the above post.

Good catch, i make a lot of typos huh.

I meant to ask this earlier, but is there a reason for specifically using

_name = "intel"; call compile format["%1 = _intelCase", _name];

instead of intel = _intelCase;? They're the same thing.

I'm not entirely sure

_intelCase setVehicleVarName _name;
call compile format["%1 =  _intelCase", _name];

was recommended to me when i was having troubles making it work as intended and i just went with it.

Edit: I see you also changed the trigger classname from EmptyDetector to CaseTrigger, was that intentional? I've never seen the latter used.

I just changed it because it made more sense while reading it, it doesn't affect anything down the line.

edit: Okay ao the briefcase is spawning now :D i guess using EH really fixed it. The trigger however is still not working, i'll report back after i put it into a function like you suggested.

Edited by Blasturbator

I just changed it because it made more sense while reading it, it doesn't affect anything down the line.

EmptyDetector is a classname (like "Land_Suitcase_F" in the createVehicle), changing it to something that's not defined in the game files means that no trigger is created, as far as I know.

It's a classname? I thought it was just the trigger name

edit: Object = createTrigger [type, position]

no shit, guess i shouldnt have changed that then xD I have much to learn

edit: Yay it's working! man that was a hassle. Thanks very much for your help magirot, i'll put you in the mission credits ;)

Now i only have one other problem to deal with and my mission is all set, until i try to add stuff to it again xD

Edited by Blasturbator

OR SO I THOUGHT.

So the triggers don't want to activate for some reason. Using hints to debug i narrowed it down to that, they get created, they just wont activate. this is the statements line:

_this setTriggerStatements ["player in thislist","nul = [intel,thistrigger] execVM 'core\modules\cacheScript\intelPickup.sqf' ", ""];

What i don't understand is how that suddenly doesnt work when it did work that one time. It's worked twice actually, but the rest of the time it hasn't and i didnt change a single thing in the trigger statements.

Edited by Blasturbator