ddcp

Mission Name Problem

Hi there!

Slight little problem that happened recently. I am playing vanilla (latest Zeus update).

http://i59.tinypic.com/k06g6g.jpg (216 kB)

I have the description.ext all set up, and previously before adding in Zeus, it showed up just normal: Operation: Sandbox.

I checked the description file, and it shows up normal still. Any ideas why this happened? When I load, the load-screen name shows up okay, just here... I know it's minor, but kind of a visual bug that is annoying. :)

Any help appreciated!

DDCP

I don't yet have Arma 3. In Aram 2, if you name a scenario Red Widgit for example it will show up as Red%Widget. My solution was to name it Red_Widget.

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply all!

Unfortunately it isn't an Intel mission name problem -- I tried changing it completely, but it's still the same. It seems to be "reading" the folder name of the mission. I even tried changing that but it still comes out with %, etc.

Any other ideas why this happened?

The only thing I changed (from when this was normal) was adding in the Zeus modules... I did try and take them out and go back, but it's as if it's hardcoded to read the mission like that now...

I tried saving my mission as a different name, etc. It still comes up with a weird format.

Anybody else getting this?

is it the "%" thats the problem you mean? if so thats because you have a space there, the file name in itself cant handle space so it use another symbol.

So if you rename the mission file in the mission folder where you have it, and rename it to "Operation_Sandbox" you wont see any weird numbers/symbol that shouldnt be there

is it the "%" thats the problem you mean? if so thats because you have a space there, the file name in itself cant handle space so it use another symbol.

So if you rename the mission file in the mission folder where you have it, and rename it to "Operation_Sandbox" you wont see any weird numbers/symbol that shouldnt be there

Hi Yonose! Yeah, the symbols are the problem. The thing that is odd is that it used to work with spaces just fine -- perhaps a recent patch made this happen to user missions? You can see "Official" missions around mine that use spaces and they don't have any symbols... it really was working just fine a week ago probably.

Anyway, honestly not a big deal -- I'm just OCD on presentation, and this part of the naming is server side only. If anybody else might figure out what's causing this, I'd be super thankful!

Best regards,

DDCP

Have you already tried the following?

First, make sure you backup your mission.sqm file! Then have your class Intel section look like this:

class Intel
{
briefingName="Operation Sandbox"; //your mission name here
timeOfChanges=3600;
startWeather=0;
startWind=0.099999994;
startWaves=0.44999999;
forecastWeather=0.44999999;
forecastWind=0.099999994;
forecastWaves=0.099999994;
forecastLightnings=0.099999994;
wavesForced=1;
year=2014;
month=6;
day=7;
hour=18;
minute=45;
startFogDecay=0.013;
forecastFogDecay=0.013;
};

And when you use the editor to "export to multiplayer missions", it'll do something to the strings. It messes up my localization whenever I do that, as it consolidates the string according to the language currently used in Arma 3. Try packing your .pbo with something else if this issue persists.

Have you already tried the following?

First, make sure you backup your mission.sqm file! Then have your class Intel section look like this:

class Intel
{
briefingName="Operation Sandbox"; //your mission name here
timeOfChanges=3600;
startWeather=0;
startWind=0.099999994;
startWaves=0.44999999;
forecastWeather=0.44999999;
forecastWind=0.099999994;
forecastWaves=0.099999994;
forecastLightnings=0.099999994;
wavesForced=1;
year=2014;
month=6;
day=7;
hour=18;
minute=45;
startFogDecay=0.013;
forecastFogDecay=0.013;
};

And when you use the editor to "export to multiplayer missions", it'll do something to the strings. It messes up my localization whenever I do that, as it consolidates the string according to the language currently used in Arma 3. Try packing your .pbo with something else if this issue persists.

Hey there sir!

Thank you for the help -- I tried this, but still no avail. I'm not familiar how to pack my .pbo files any different, but I do think something is off still... can anybody try this out and see if they can re-create this situation? Now any new mission I do has the symbols instead of spaces... I really do think a recent patch or something caused this (perhaps just my files, not sure). Before the recent updates it always worked a-Ok.

Again, big appreciation to all the help & suggestions!

Best,

DDCP

well if you rename the mission folder as i said by going into "documents-arma 3 other profiles" can change the spaces to "_" then you will be all fine

Iam having the same problem.tried everything.The underscores in the file name show up in the scenario menu.Aswell the island file name is shown.

• Like 1

Hello,

im not sure if the topic it's still alive but if someone has the same issue you need only to select "Binerize the scenario". See screenshot

Mrt5MgO.png

3 hours ago, 88_LORD said:

Hello,

im not sure if the topic it's still alive but if someone has the same issue you need only to select "Binerize the scenario". See screenshot

Mrt5MgO.png

Thank you.  How do you open this menu item?

1 hour ago, Joe98 said:

Thank you.  How do you open this menu item?

At the very top of the editor select, Attributives, then General.

Attributives > General 

Binerize the scenario is the default setting, so unless you deselected it, that isn't your problem.  

3 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Binerize the scenario is the default setting, so unless you deselected it, that isn't the cause of your problem.  

Your are right, that is not the cause of the problem.  I wish to create a SP scenario and upload the scenario so other players can play it.  The scenario is on the map named Malden.

I name my file  Red Widget 7   and it comes out as  Red%Widget%7.Malden

I add underlines and come out with  Red_Widget_7.Malden

Now I wish to get rid of the Malden name.  In Arma 2 you could do so by typing the name in another cell in the editor.

So, how do I name a file in Arma 3, avoiding  the  %   and avoiding the island name?

28 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

Your are right, that is not the cause of the problem.  I wish to create a SP scenario and upload the scenario so other players can play it.  The scenario is on the map named Malden.

I name my file  Red Widget 7   and it comes out as  Red%Widget%7.Malden

I add underlines and come out with  Red_Widget_7.Malden

Now I wish to get rid of the Malden name.  In Arma 2 you could do so by typing the name in another cell in the editor.

So, how do I name a file in Arma 3, avoiding  the  %   and avoiding the island name?

In Attributives > General , at the top where is says "Presentation" ,  where is says "Title", that is where you put your mission name.

Just put " Red Widget 7 " and that will be the name of the mission on the Steam Workshop.

Unfortunately that does not work.

I used   Red Widget 7       and  exported it to single player

it comes out as:          Red%20Widget%207.Malden

11 hours ago, Joe98 said:

yes the "space" between the words will make the %20 every time if you don't save the game with _ in between the words.

15 hours ago, Joe98 said:

Yes, as I said in my post up above, the name of your mission in the "Title" section is for the Steam Workshop. Whatever you put in the "Title" section, is what you will see as the name of your mission when you publish your mission on the Steam Workshop.