Sign in to follow this  
doln

Arma 3: Poltergeist -- Taking the 2035 setting and running with it.

Official teaser trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex7I9hHJliw

A singleplayer campaign from the CSAT's perspective. More details, as well as a Showcase mission to follow in the coming weeks.

23/04/14 Update

A sneak peek at what's to come in the showcase

http://i.imgur.com/JKv7RsS.jpg (292 kB)

Edited by Doln

Sounds interesting, I look forward to finding out more! Nice teaser too.

That trailer was damn good. This one looks very interesting.

Looks great! Looking forward to it.

I guess if BIS is not going to do anything with the 2035 setup then someone else will.

Looks great! Looking forward to it.

I guess if BIS is not going to do anything with the 2035 setup then someone else will.

That is more or less the primary goal behind pretty much every decision in this campaign.

What if BI hadn't watered down the 2035 setting. How snazzy could it be!

You might want to have a look at TPW's HUD mod if you are not familiar with it already:

Description:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/docs/hud.txt

Ah, yeah, a friend showed me this about 2 weeks into starting this project. Defender features quite a number of similarities, but it also features a number of features that that mod does not.

Defender will not (intentionally, for gameplay reasons) highlight known enemies, but it does feature a shot finder feature that will flash on screen when an enemy fires their weapon. For rounds larger than 7.62mm, the OS will track the round with a line.

There are also a number of specifically scripted, per-mission interactions with the OS, something that I don't think a mod can replicate.

Doln, I just realized you are the guy who made the great mission "Spiros Folley"! Guys, this is a field proven great mission maker. *expectation bar lifted* :P

Doln, I just realized you are the guy who made the great mission "Spiros Folley"! Guys, this is a field proven great mission maker. *expectation bar lifted* :P

Thanks, you have raised a good point - anyone cruising through this thread who wants to see what I've done in the past, have a look here.

It's not a good representation of my skills currently (I've improved leaps and bounds in mission design since putting those missions out - or at least I like to think I have), but it should whet your appetite while I work on the showcase.

Edited by Doln

Pretty interesting stuff. Looking forward to its release.

It's refreshing to see someone not only embracing, but developing the near-future setting of Arma 3. Good luck!

Looks interesting. Now we just need an AAF campaign to get every perspective. Well, unless we really need a campaign where we try to avoid AAF's massacre or a campaign where we play as an FIA soldier from a different army group.

Awesome teaser though. Although I imagine it might be a bit troublesome, would it be possible to give Defender OS a Farsi translation so we can really feel like a CSAT soldier?

...would it be possible to give Defender OS a Farsi translation so we can really feel like a CSAT soldier?

You are assuming that everyone understands Farsi.

• Like 1

You are assuming that everyone understands Farsi.

Harzach is correct. There is 1 mission where the helmet voice is in Russian, and it has a noticeable impact on gameplay. I dabbled with making it speak Farsi, but it's no fun from a gameplay perspective. Think of it this way - the player character understands Farsi, so he's going to know what it's saying. The best way I can convey that through to the player is by making it speak English, which 98% of Arma players understand relatively well.

Plus, finding a good Farsi TTS is surprisingly hard. Finding a good Farsi voice actor is even harder.

In my opinion, The accent he used at the end of the teaser is prett well, which he could use for the missions

you should post this in the arma 3 section, get a lot more hype around it!:D cant wait for the showcase!

Sounds awesome. Especially the part about it being from CSAT perspective. There is too much NATO already, imo.

Thread cleaned. Please stay on topic.

Looks really good! Love the attention you've given the HUD. It'll be refreshing to play from CSAT's perspective. Will you be using Persian voice actors?

Sign in to follow this