Sign in to follow this  
silverwave

Is it possible to play as a normal player with Zeus powers?

So, I've read in a SpotRep that you're supposed to be able to play as a normal player with Zeus powers (so basically, a normal soldier in whatever faction you chose but being able to go to Zeus mode, spawn stuff, then go back inside your soldier's body).

For the life of me, I just can't find how I'm supposed to do this.

I'd like to be able to play as an infantryman with some of my friends, but also being able to spawn stuff as we progress in the missions, etc.

Thanks!

You have to put down the normal modules in the mission editor for Zeus (Zeus virtual entity, and Game master module), sync them together, and in the 'owner' field of the Game master module, put in the name of the player unit you want to have access to Zeus (i.e. create a rifleman named 'Bob' and put 'Bob' in the 'owner' field of the GM module).

Then in game, as long as you have set that unit to be playable, pressing Y should bring up the Zeus interface.

You could also do as Lethality says, and use the Remote Control option, it's almost just as good, except if you die there are no consequences (you just pop back into the Zeus Interface), and you can't do a couple things like order units and whatnot.

@Lethality

Nahh, that's not what I'm talking about. Remote control is not intended for you to be played for extended period of time. It has fade-out in the edges, you can't give orders and when you talk, you still talk as Zeus.

I'm speaking of playing as a soldier first but from time to time being able to switch to Zeus powers, spawn few units, and then come back to your normal soldier role.

I'm trying to find back where I found this info, maybe I misunderstood, but I can't remember where I read this.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

You have to put down the normal modules in the mission editor for Zeus (Zeus virtual entity, and Game master module), sync them together, and in the 'owner' field of the Game master module, put in the name of the player unit you want to have access to Zeus (i.e. create a rifleman named 'Bob' and put 'Bob' in the 'owner' field of the GM module).

Then in game, as long as you have set that unit to be playable, pressing Y should bring up the Zeus interface.

You could also do as Lethality says, and use the Remote Control option, it's almost just as good, except if you die there are no consequences (you just pop back into the Zeus Interface), and you can't do a couple things like order units and whatnot.

Yeah, this is more like it!

Thanks a lot, I'll try this!

By the way, it state Zeus Role Playing as a game type. Is that just for search filters or is it a special mode?

Hmm, I can't find the Zeus virtual entity module... ?

EDIT: Meh, seems you only need to put the GM zeus module and set the owner to a unit's name and that's it!

Edited by Silverwave

Oh really? that seems weird, thought you need the Virtual entity too.

It's actually a unit not a game module, my mistake.

I was having that same thing happen though, but then realized the game logic units don't show up until you have a player unit placed down. So you'll have to throw some other unit down as the player first, then you should be able to find Game Logic things in the unit lists.

Ok I found it but if I don't put Zeus Virtual Entity, I see no difference. Just Game Master, owner set to unit's name and you do have access to everything in Zeus (in appearance at least).

Uh? lol

Yeah i'm not sure, maybe it's only needed if Zeus is playable and not tied to a unit. Either way, glad it's working for you!

yeah i think the virtual entity is to make a zeus slot on the mission

Ok I found it but if I don't put Zeus Virtual Entity, I see no difference. Just Game Master, owner set to unit's name and you do have access to everything in Zeus (in appearance at least).

Uh? lol

Probably only need Zeus virtual entity if you are playing as Zeus ONLY which likely I isn't needed in this case. I haven't used it and things work fine.

You just make sure the Zeus Logic (not the virtual entity but the actual Zeus module) has its "Forced Interface" set to disabled. Then you set its owner to a name of a playable unit and that player can press Y to switch between Zeus UI and non-Zeus UI