Sign in to follow this  
P0ci

Performance is still terrible even after todays patch....

I just loaded up Zeus and joined a server to a whopping 9 fps. And this is on pretty good hardware.

16gb 2400 RAM

7950 video

I have these parameters set in launch options: -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7 -maxMem=2047 -maxVram=3071 -noBenchmark -noLogs

But I see no difference. Any tips on getting better frame rate?

Shouldn't you place you're max mem at the max amount you have in you're computer? like 16384MB?this is what i saw in the Armaholic tutorial

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Did you also changed the CFG file ? ...you have 16gb of ram and gonna limit you're game to only use 2 when arma is a game that needs at least 4 to run in recommended?

Any tips on getting better frame rate?

View Distance, Object Distance --the only two setting that will cripple your frames if set too high.

Screen rez will crush frames if your gfx card can't handle the resolution.

Read my sig:

But you play with ultra everything right ratszo? Like ultra texture and objects?

But you play with ultra everything right ratszo? Like ultra texture and objects?

High/high. but if the server is under load, low frames, object detail to low will give an instant frames boost.

Haven't needed to set 'object' to low in awhile tho.

Depends on server frames. I've cut VD down to 500m in urban settings, on the fly, when i was red lining frames.

So much depend on the server load.

A good server with a clean mission rarely craps-out the frames.

I only maintain the textures in high the rest is in normal, still looks good and helps avoid 10 fps in very hard battles ( too much explosions, too many AI with very complex locations) and help me keeps a realistic 2 km view...dont put to much because in real life you already almost dont see people past 600 meters without scope

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

I usually maintain fair 20 to 64 fps with few ocasions bellow this, and if i play in a online mission me or a bud create i have from 17 to 40 fps and my rig is very worst than yours

I've settled on 1000m. VD as an infantryman.

Tho, in MP it's often a server setting --this is why some servers are unplayable with 3000m. hardcoded VD.

Hence, after a year of a3, most servers have VD/OD options.

The producers promissed a patch that would optimize the game, instead o the pseudo optimization that they say nvidia is responsible, i hope they deliver it

Nope, and besides even on low I get shitty fps too.

The question was for rastzo but... Check the cache, change the maxmemory to 16 gb you're limiting the game to less than it needs if you want to reserve something for your pc functions change to 14... Go to the arma 3 profile in documents and find the cfg file of arma 3, change the maximum frame rates from 1000, to only 1 this will avoid some of the bottle neck

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Dont put the texture to low this will eat you're fps game will have more fps with high texture this will prevent some objects from poping out of nowhere, reduce clouds to low, either turn off shadows or place at high, turn of the vsync .

The question was for rastzo but... Check the cache, change the maxmemory to 16 gb you're limiting the game to less than it needs if you want to reserve something for your pc functions change to 14... Go to the arma 3 profile in documents and find the cfg file of arma 3, change the maximum frame rates from 1000, to only 1 this will avoid some of the bottle neck

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Dont put the texture to low this will eat you're fps game will have more fps with high texture this will prevent some objects from poping out of nowhere, reduce clouds to low, either turn off shadows or place at high, turn of the vsync .

Umm you do know the game would have to be 64 bit to use more then 4 gb of RAM right?

This Is NOT a ram issue, its a CPU issue, the game only uses 3 threads, that's not enough considering how CPU intensive this is

Thats why exactly you place in the init line, to force the game to run, do the whole process i did as i said and got 20 fps in campaign you create this ask for tips and still go bitching

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

And did you knew that 32 only runs 3 gb so would be fairly stupid to in the system requirements ask for 4... Ever heard of compatibility? If the game is in a 64 bits pc it will run like one other wise wouldn't run at all....

Thats why exactly you place in the init line, to force the game to run, do the whole process i did as i said and got 20 fps in campaign you create this ask for tips and still go bitching

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

And did you knew that 32 only runs 3 gb so would be fairly stupid to in the system requirements ask for 4... Ever heard of compatibility? If the game is in a 64 bits pc it will run like one other wise wouldn't run at all....

Don't get hostile or smart with me. Im an A+ tech your not gonna teach me anything about hardware.

Its a CPU issue period, there are times in campaign where I can get over 60 fps but as soon as CPU intensive things happen it drops to 30s or below. And im not the only one claiming this, the whole community knows this.

And btw your wrong, just cause you have a 64 bit OS doesn't mean this game is 64 bit.... This games exe is 32 bit. Any 32 bit exe will run on a 64 bit OS through emulation what do you think the WOW64 folder is?

I'm getting hostile? Who was the first to be ironic?

I'm seeing the A+ didn't even realized that the game being 32 bits the system requirements couldn't ask for more than 3gb...so easy to use the falacy of authority

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

The game does all tha due lack of optimization, its a bottle neck for both gpu and cpu, using the cfg file method you can avoid a lot about this, not all but a part

And all objects in game ocupy a part in the ram...also gonna say that you're a programmer as well?

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

So funny that you with all that "knowladge" is having a performance worst than mine with a pc that is better -.-'

I'm getting hostile? Who was the first to be ironic?

I'm seeing the A+ didn't even realized that the game being 32 bits the system requirements couldn't ask for more than 3gb...so easy to use the falacy of authority

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

The game does all tha due lack of optimization, its a bottle neck for both gpu and cpu, using the cfg file method you can avoid a lot about this, not all but a part

And all objects in game ocupy a part in the ram...also gonna say that you're a programmer as well?

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

So funny that you with all that "knowladge" is having a performance worst than mine with a pc that is better -.-'

Falacy? Hahaha yeah that's it im lying to you about being A+ Do everyone a favor and go away if you have nothing constructive to say. Like I said RAM is irrelevant, CPU is the issue period now plz be quite.

You are wrong in everything you have stated, you claim, Battlefield for example uses 64 bit exe and uses around 4gb of RAM even though it could use more. THe only bottleneck with this game engine is CPU I repeat, GPUs can handle much more in this game. You think I don't know what goes in RAM? ANd what the f##% does programming have to do with this? Sigh, just go away your starting to annoy me.

just du**....you annoyed me while asking for help and being stupid... My family is filled with nerds, and techs....we are simply laughing... Ram makes no difference? If didn't they wouldn't request 4 gb or more

just du**....you annoyed me while asking for help and being stupid... My family is filled with nerds, and techs....we are simply laughing... Ram makes no difference? If didn't they wouldn't request 4 gb or more

A 32 bit program will not use more then 4gb, now please go away wannabe. Maybe they should get better computer education in Brazil cause you have no clue what you are talking about

And no I didn't say RAM makes no difference, what I said is that is irrelevant to this topic since the issue has been pinpointed and its CPU threads.

Do you even know what a thread is kid?

Btw you said I annoyed you by asking for help? Laugh, actually my intention was to get the message to BI... all they need to do is patch the game and rewrite some of the engine code to use more threads, simple as that.

Edited by P0ci

It's been stated by developers that a -maxmem greater than 2047 falls back to 2047 so setting it higher is pointless. Placebo effects for the win, now move on.

It's been stated by developers that a -maxmem greater than 2047 falls back to 2047 so setting it higher is pointless. Placebo effects for the win, now move on.

Thank you

Actually what creates fps drops in Arma are:

- High number of AIs

- Heavily scripted missions

- Missions with high number of 3D objects placements like FOBs for example

If you want to play smooth, run away from these kind of missions. From my experience, the best missions are ALiVE, MCC and Patrol ops, regarding optimization...

Also, you can clean your start up command line for something like this (Arma is doing all of them automatically)

-exThreads=7 -noLogs

Actually what creates fps drops in Arma are:

- High number of AIs

- Heavily scripted missions

- Missions with high number of 3D objects placements like FOBs for example

If you want to play smooth, run away from these kind of missions. From my experience, the best missions are ALiVE, MCC and Patrol ops, regarding optimization...

Also, you can clean your start up command line for something like this (Arma is doing all of them automatically)

-exThreads=7 -noLogs

Exactly and those 3 things you mentioned are CPU dependant, if the game used more threads they wouldn't be an issue

FPS absolutely fine here. Been playing all day online with many Zeus games and getting 60 FPS on client and server.

what kind of rig do you have Kremator? Can you please share the computer specifications?

FPS absolutely fine here. Been playing all day online with many Zeus games and getting 60 FPS on client and server.

I find that hard to believe considering people with even high end i7s are getting terrible performance as well. This game only uses 3 threads.

I am hosting small missions for myself and 3-4 friends and it works pretty well on my i5 (50-60fps for everybody). When we play workshop missions we often find missions that use tons of AI and placed FOB etc and performance drops (sometimes 10fps and less which affects ALL clients). Play technically good missions and you are fine.

With Zeus you can test pretty easily what the server can handle.