Sign in to follow this  
xaysana

Afghan Special Forces

Hi all, i'm currently working on my ASF pack :cool:

It will be set from the 2015 era. The pack will include custom made content and retextures. I will be doing the Afghan Partner Unit first, then Afghan commandos.

Some content will be fictional (Ospana Plate Carrier), and some won't (Mich 2001).

What I plan to include:

- Ghostex Kilo-1 (Done)

- More variants of the OPC.

- More variants of the Mich 2001

- Variants of the ACH-3

- Variants of the Mich 2000

- Variants of the Mich 2002

- M81 Woodland BDUs

- Another fictional plate carrier (?)

- Various desert themed spray painted M4s

- Tac 300

Anyways, some pictures:

th_body_zps62d083b6.png

Mich 2001

th_Port_zps2151510d.png

Ospana Plate Carrier (OPC)

th_2014-04-10_00001_zps90442e0f.jpg

Ghostex Kilo-1 Retexture (Will change the patch)

th_2014-04-12_00001_zps9478555c.jpg

Tac 300 in game screenshot (WIP)

Also, I really need help with weighting the plate carrier in game. It's warping like crazy :mad:

*Sidenote*

- I have not stopped work on my Singapore Armed Forces pack. I just made it exclusive to the ArmA group that I play with.

- I have stopped work on my 75th Ranger Regiment pack as the guys at SOC are already working on their own version. ;)

- I have taken some models from the A2 Samples so credits to BI for them.

Edited by Xaysana

Could you do a battle belt with your vests like this

https://www.cryeprecision.com/P-ARMB0102LG0/Low-Profile-Blast-Belt%E2%84%A2

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

And for you're other vest use this one as reference: http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Plate-Carrier-p/pig.502.htm and do the belt with this one too... pretty please i'm begging

Could you do a battle belt with your vests like this

https://www.cryeprecision.com/P-ARMB0102LG0/Low-Profile-Blast-Belt%E2%84%A2

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

And for you're other vest use this one as reference: http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Plate-Carrier-p/pig.502.htm and do the belt with this one too... pretty please i'm begging

I'm no expert but I think a belt would have to be on the uniform Model/texture I think if it were on the vest model it would behave funny around the waist. NOT an expert but that's how I believe it works.

I'm no expert but I think a belt would have to be on the uniform Model/texture I think if it were on the vest model it would behave funny around the waist. NOT an expert but that's how I believe it works.
Yup that's right. Also, I don't intend to add a battle belt.
I'll look into it. Might use the PIG as reference while designing the other PC :)

The regular Arma 3 Nato Plate Carrier Battle belt is with the PC not the Uniform

this looks very promising. will you, at some point, model your own uniform as well?

this looks very promising. will you, at some point, model your own uniform as well?
Thank you! I will try, but after I get more content in ;)

:bounce3: wooow this is looking really promising!!! about time we got some tier 1 afghan door kickers!

:bounce3: wooow this is looking really promising!!! about time we got some tier 1 afghan door kickers!
Haha thanks mate, I really envy your models :p

Great looking stuff. Excited to see what you do with them. I got to train some of them, good bunch of guys that just want to serve their people. I'm sad to hear ranger pack is on hold, you gave us PVS15's!!!!!!!

Good luck with this lovely mod that you're creating :)

This looks fantastic! ASF and the SOC mod have me dreaming of some joint missions in the future. Cant wait to see more, keep up the great work!

I am interested in how this turns out. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks everyone for the support! Right now i'm stuck with weighting the OPC. Been trying to get it to work for the past few days but it isnt turning out good. Would be great if anyone who has prior experience with weightings in O2 could help me on this one :o

PM me if you're interested in helping!

Tac 300 Added. (Still WIP) Ref. to first post

really excited for this, ill ask around my circle if anyone has experience with weighting in oxygen.
Thank you! Really appreciate it man :)

Was just thinking the other day about the Afghan Army and Police mod from Arma 2. Any chance you would expand this mod to include Afghan Army and Police forces along with the Special Forces? Maybe even ones from different eras like 2003-2015ish(when they were first formed and used US and Russian equipment) and 2035+?

Looking forward to this mod regardless and keep up the good work!

Was just thinking the other day about the Afghan Army and Police mod from Arma 2. Any chance you would expand this mod to include Afghan Army and Police forces along with the Special Forces? Maybe even ones from different eras like 2003-2015ish(when they were first formed and used US and Russian equipment) and 2035+?

Looking forward to this mod regardless and keep up the good work!

Look at the title of the thread, now back to me, i am not an afghan, now back to the mod - is there really a need for the considerabliy useless regular Afghan army to be inside the pack?

Afghan SF was - after a good ammount of training and instruction - able to work with some of the best Special Forces from arround the world - regular afghan Military is still considered "farmers with uniforms and assault rifles", at least when i was there.

now back to me - i am on a metaphoric huge iron horse, even though this isnt my addon, nore do i have any relation to the creator of this ambitiouse good looking addon, but i still gave you my humble oppinion, because you deserve that.

Look at the title of the thread, now back to me, i am not an afghan, now back to the mod - is there really a need for the considerabliy useless regular Afghan army to be inside the pack?

Afghan SF was - after a good ammount of training and instruction - able to work with some of the best Special Forces from arround the world - regular afghan Military is still considered "farmers with uniforms and assault rifles", at least when i was there.

now back to me - i am on a metaphoric huge iron horse, even though this isnt my addon, nore do i have any relation to the creator of this ambitiouse good looking addon, but i still gave you my humble oppinion, because you deserve that.

Maybe let him make what he likes? Just an option.

Just my humble opinion

I sense that someone was watching an Old Spice commercial some time before posting this, haha.

You have a good point on how the ANA and the Afghan police are... a bit under qualified (just youtube 'Afghan jumping jacks', it's hilarious and these are the guys replacing ISAF, people!) and that they don't really... well I don't want to say 'deserve', but I can't think of a better word for it, a pack to themselves beyond immersion's sakes. However, as you say in your post it's really up to Xaysana and whoever may be working with them what they decide to do.

I for one honestly didn't even know that there were Afghan SF.

When I was in Helmand my platoon and I trained a lot of these guys. Some pretty solid dudes considering their lesser cousins are like bags of smashed ass. I've got plenty of pictures from deployment so let me know if you need them as a reference.

When I was in Helmand my platoon and I trained a lot of these guys. Some pretty solid dudes considering their lesser cousins are like bags of smashed ass. I've got plenty of pictures from deployment so let me know if you need them as a reference.
Reference photos would be great! Can't find much about them online. ;)

For everyone else, thanks for the suggestions and support so far. I will take them into consideration but I will mainly focus on Afghan SF for now. Progress will be slow, as school is reopening soon. But there will be semi frequent updates!

*edit* - Apparently the ANA SF are separate from the Commandos.

Small update.

Added custom handanim for the tac300.

th_2014-04-16_00002_zps830a3e7e.jpg

th_2014-04-16_00003_zpscf1a5478.jpg