Sign in to follow this  
patrick8996

Arma 2 - Game Spy Petition

Hello everyone, I am an admin of a popular Arma 2 Chernarus life server. We have received the news that Game Spy is shutting its servers down. I have read that Arma 2 OA and Arma 3 will be picked up and fixed so others can continue to enjoy playing those games. Why not add Arma 2 and Arma 2:Free to that list? I know its an older game but there is still a HUGE community playing on these games and there are still a bunch of Communities that run servers. If there isn't a fix found ALL of these communities will die off and Arma 2 will fall out of existence. My clan and I have created a petition that we would like ALL Arma 2 and Arma 2:Free Supporters to sign so we can see Arma 2 added to that fix list. If you do not support it please just stop reading and go on with your day, But if you enjoy Arma 2 and its thriving communities then please go to the link below and sign it.

Thanks for reading

Here is the link: http://chn.ge/1n0mStk

A clarification request: Do you guys play Arma 2 vanilla without OA? I ask this because I was under the impression that much (most?) of the scene was playing Combined Operations (A2+OA), which as a layman-player seems to be 'running A2 content through the OA client', in which case I would think that OA's being "picked up and fixed" would already cover them.

Do you guys play Arma 2 vanilla without OA? I ask this because I was under the impression that much (most?) of the scene was playing Combined Operations (A2+OA)

I play with an international community, most of whom can't afford top line PCs and ArmA 2 Free has been our solution to years of fun. We must have made at least 700 missions that run on A2 Free alone. A2 Free was the reason I payed for CO. Its sad to see a game (not even 5 years old) get pushed off servers.

Will sign and spread petition. Best of luck.

There are only few Arma 2 Vanilla servers left, the solution is easy, get OA. I'm not seeing point why would anyone want to play Arma 2 without OA. And Arma 2 Free is closing on 22nd April 2014, so that's the same case, get CO (A2+OA).

I have 2 version's of Arma 2,1 is retail,the other is steam,i want to know if my retail will still work as i dont have my steam version installed yet,or vice versa.

A2 is End Of Life for quite some time, the engine was replaced with OA build ...

staying on A2 is really weird (performance optimizing and fixed bugs in OA), no active BE protection on A2 either

A2 is End Of Life for quite some time, the engine was replaced with OA build ...

staying on A2 is really weird (performance optimizing and fixed bugs in OA), no active BE protection on A2 either

yeah us dumb "wierdos" dropped cash on ArmA2 only to have you announce A2OA what a month later? God i don't know why we would want to play something we paid for.

If you open the steam global server browser from the steam client (View > Servers) besides the expected Arma 2 OA there are also entries for Arma CWC, Arma, Arma2, TKOH. Is it an error or are you experimenting with future support for these titles too?

Also if you select Arma 2 OA no servers come, Arma 3 works and DayZ is missing.

Boldfacing by me, though there has been no official reply on that thread.

that's just bogus leftover in the list, was clearly said only A2: OA and Arma 3 gets the STEAMworks ...

yeah us dumb "wierdos" dropped cash on ArmA2 only to have you announce A2OA what a month later? God i don't know why we would want to play something we paid for.

A2:CO is $6.24 on Steam right now, and A2:OA is $4.99. That's half a movie ticket or less, and a very reasonable price to ensure forward compatibility.

Edited by Harzach

I've seen NYC fast food and mom-and-pop-store/restaurant food go for more than the cost of OA at this point!

that's just bogus leftover in the list, was clearly said only A2: OA and Arma 3 gets the STEAMworks ...

who bought the digital version, Arma 2 Co, in bis shop, which is not of steam, also solve the problem of the server list?

Arma 2 OA = only lifes and wasteland servers, A2 = real military simulations servers (for me Arma 2 is the best)

Arma 2 OA = only lifes and wasteland servers, A2 = real military simulations servers (for me Arma 2 is the best)

Well, that's a load of horse-hockey. Also, if you are pubbing for "real military simulation" you are doing it wrong.

Combined Operations is the current state of Arma 2. By refusing to accept that fact, you are only compromising your future enjoyment of the title.

This argument is flawed in so many ways.

Release date ArmA 2: May 2009

Release date OA: June 2010

I always knew that US has strange measurements but until now i was quite sure that a "US month" wont equal a "euro year". ArmA 2 was supported now for 4 years which is by far longer than most other companies (and even bigger companies) do support their games. There will always be a point where the developer has to pull the plug since economically it wont make sense anymore.

Dont know. I play Arma2CO (A2+A2OA) And most of the servers i find are DAYZ then there is lot of Domination, Warfare and Insurgency. I rarely come across Life or Wasteland.

If you want military simulation, join a MILSIM group. Theres tons of them out there, and they have theyr own servers with theyr own missions and gamemodes, so you will not even care about public servers. And after some time, being part of such group you´ll find out that you had no clue, what "military simulation" means, before.

Edited by Mirek

Really don't understand the people who expect to just hop on some random server and get in depth tactical gameplay. If you want that you need to join one of the many communities out there.

And I too can't possibly conceive of why anyone would still be playing Arma II:Free, CO is literally 20 euros on steam even when it isn't on sale. Sticking with ARMA II now is like sticking with windows 98.

Edited by War_lord

right - maby a new browser funktion - show NOT - in the filter. is hart to find a fine mission with all this rpg - the same in a3 . i have no interst on this and my half browser is full with this - frustrating ^^

Edited by JgBtl292

Hello everyone, I am an admin of a popular Arma 2 Chernarus life server. We have received the news that Game Spy is shutting its servers down. I have read that Arma 2 OA and Arma 3 will be picked up and fixed so others can continue to enjoy playing those games. Why not add Arma 2 and Arma 2:Free to that list? I know its an older game but there is still a HUGE community playing on these games and there are still a bunch of Communities that run servers. If there isn't a fix found ALL of these communities will die off and Arma 2 will fall out of existence. My clan and I have created a petition that we would like ALL Arma 2 and Arma 2:Free Supporters to sign so we can see Arma 2 added to that fix list. If you do not support it please just stop reading and go on with your day, But if you enjoy Arma 2 and its thriving communities then please go to the link below and sign it.

Thanks for reading

Here is the link: http://chn.ge/1n0mStk

I'm really sorry, but A2 will most definitely not be updated with steam lobby (there is simply not enough man power).

However you should still be able to use direct IP to connect to your server.

And I too can't possibly conceive of why anyone would still be playing Arma II:Free, CO is literally 20 euros on steam even when it isn't on sale. Sticking with ARMA II now is like sticking with windows 98.

Because for some of us, it's what we can afford. I would like to buy ARMA2, but bills have to come first.

Although on that note, why was the option to buy the NON-steam version of ARMA2 taken away?

Because for some of us, it's what we can afford. I would like to buy ARMA2, but bills have to come first.

Although on that note, why was the option to buy the NON-steam version of ARMA2 taken away?

ArmA 2: CO was on sale for $6.24 a month ago. The regular price is $25. The complete collection is $40. If that's your margin of survival, you should probably quit playing games and get your financial situation together. As for BI removing titles from the Sprocket store, I'd imagine it has something to do with all of this Steam integration.

The regular price is $25. The complete collection is $40.

And when you're not sure what the paycheck will be, sometimes you have to hang on to the money you do have. And spending $25-$40 on a game isn't exactly a priority.

As for BI removing titles from the Sprocket store, I'd imagine it has something to do with all of this Steam integration.

I'd prefer to get it via CD/DVD. But as BI does not seem to offer that option for the complete collection, I'll take downloading it manually, or through Sprocket over Steam.