Sign in to follow this  
LtShadow

@RealSound - REAL Weather - What are your thoughts?

Hello community!

I just recently hit 150 subs on my YouTube channel! I know, WHOO HOO! That's a lot, right? ;) But, I would still like to do something special for you all in regards to sound mods in ArmA 3.

I was recently messing about on YouTube with certain free thunder / rain and wind sound effects and was wondering on how interested you all would be if I did a @RealWeather sound mod?

This would replace, with a config, most of the thunder, rain, and wind effects with much more realistic sounding samples available through various sources online.

I have already done a little work with it, for my own amusement, but before I go any further I wanted to see if this is something I would be able to produce for you all?

If you are not familiar with my sound work on ArmA, please consult to my YouTube channel!

Thank you, and happy hunting!

-Shadow

Assuming you did stuff like unique sounds (or at least, processed sounds :p) for interiors and stuff, I think that would be pretty awesome. Otherwise I'm not sure how valuable just having better sound samples would be, although it would maybe be easy enough that it wouldn't matter? I have no idea how much effort just replacing sounds takes for ArmA.

Sounds interesting, would love to hear the results. All the best.

I'd love to hear it. Would it be possible to make the sounds dependent on your surroundings? Especially if you are in car for example and the rain hits your windshield.

Assuming you did stuff like unique sounds (or at least, processed sounds :p) for interiors and stuff, I think that would be pretty awesome. Otherwise I'm not sure how valuable just having better sound samples would be, although it would maybe be easy enough that it wouldn't matter? I have no idea how much effort just replacing sounds takes for ArmA.

Yeah, the cockpit sounds are very hard to find. So I usually leave them default and tweak them.

Also, the samples would not just be better, but much more realistic. Though, I am not sure if I am going to proceed with wind effects or not.

I'd love to hear it. Would it be possible to make the sounds dependent on your surroundings? Especially if you are in car for example and the rain hits your windshield.

It would be possible, and is a great idea that I was considering! Eventually, I want to have a script in which it detects severe weather and plays a tornado siren in a nearby town when it does.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

So here is a quick video I whipped up;

of course it's a early WIP, but still sweet. :)

HOLY *insert word referencing feces here* that is amazing, cant wait to hear the rain and wind

Give me a second while i pick my jaw up from the floor!! Amazing.

Awesome! I just tried it with my headphones on! Wow...

Fantastic stuff, I really like mods like this when they're done well.

I am planning such sounds for my island too, and am also planning a siren for when Emissions (Or variations of) hit...

Keep up the good work LtShadow, I'll be keeping an eye on this! :)

Thanks for all the positive feedback! :D

Very nice, just one question, how many sound samples for the thunder are you using?

sounds are awesome mate. hope you see this through to fruition I would love to have these sounds in my ARMA :)

SD

Very nice, just one question, how many sound samples for the thunder are you using?

Right now, the game only has room for four samples per strike. So, it is quite random. It also depends on how close the player is to the strike. :) I am hoping to introduce some scripts with this mod soon.

I will continue my development on this, seeming how it looks like close to everyone is enjoying it! :cool:

I will continue my development on this, seeming how it looks like close to everyone is enjoying it! :cool:

YAY :yay:

:yay: :yay: :yay: