Sign in to follow this  
Sari

How do all you squads and clans manage your payments?

Hi,

As per the thread title, I've hit a snag regarding our funding setup. When I set our group up I created new accounts (server, email, gametracker, paypal etc) under the group name so that I could share passwords and the like with the others without risking sharing too much personal information. So far this system has worked well but the time has come to move from our vilayer game server to a dedicated server with OneProvider.

I've just had an email from OneProvider saying that I need to validate my details, which is due to our group paypal account being unverified. As other people know the password to this account there is no way in hell I'm linking it to any of my banking info for obvious reasons, but at the same time i'd rather avoid using my personal (and verified) paypal account for group monies if at all.

So my question - How do other squads and clans handle their monies to avoid this situation?

Cheers

Unverified paypal group? Are you sure you can move the money in your paypal group (send to other people for example)? I think before you can move money you have to verify your paypal.

Like I said this setup has worked fine for us with vilayer so far. We've had this paypal account for about 6 months now

We each throw in £10-15 a month and provided the account has enough in it when the invoice comes, I can pay it without a hitch.

we use paypal and / or direct bank transfer. The latter is free within EU, so no paypal charges

If you upgrade your paypal, you can set up monthy recurring/subscription payments

paypal is how i ran my server. I just set up a little paypal donate and people would help out.

I would create a new paypal account

admin@mycommunity.com

or something similar and not allow anyone access to that account

If the funds dry up due to poor donations, then its your call what you do.

admin@mycommunity.com

I would go with this suggestion, we have a similar setup for FUSION

Edited by R0adki11

admin@mycommunity.com

I take it by this response you mean create a new account and verify it with my own banking info? If would it not be easier to just verify our current account, change the password/contact email etc. and not tell anyone the new one?

Edited by Sari

Sorted the problem by sending some ID to oneprovider. Hopefully that should mean business as normal for us

I recommend getting a prepaid VISA from a local store and use that to verify a card on a Business Paypal account without tying it directly to a personal bank account. A Business account will allow you to use the group name and authorize managers who have tracked access to it. You can even allow all members of your group to have a shared account that has access to view the ledger only. This might help give a sense of security to people who want to donate.