trixie

Trixie's Release Thread

Your new methods seem to be a bit fudged at the moment. When I use the XM8 weapon pack in LEA via manual addition, the scopes don't want to show up, not to mention being unable to do a simple LEA PBO analysation. Are you certain you haven't fiddled with the classnames? The guns work great, but not the scopes.

Also, an animation issue, the charging handle should reciprocate with the bolt as well as lock back when the magazine is empty.

Oh and imdecateur, I can shoot you the files in a PM or email if you want

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Oh, and for texturer reference, here is all of the supposed XM8 body color options

Actually seen (games count, the ones referenced are known to be accurate):

Urban Grey (Arma 2/MGS4/Testing) XM8-rifle-oicw.jpg

Desert Tan (Promo) xm8.jpg

Black (GR2/Testing/Promo) http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/pics/HK05/XM8rifle.jpg (277 kB)

Olive Drab (Ghost Recon 2/R6 Vegas) maxresdefault.jpg Sorry about this one, I couldn't find any better images

Speculated:

White (Snowy/Icy)

Coyote (USMC)

MARPAT Woodland/Desert (USMC)

Woodland/Desert (US Army)

UCP (US Army)

Edited by Blueteamguy

Thank you for the smaw launcher with optic Trixie. It was something we really needed. All seems fine with that mod except the sound. Don't know if this has been reported here yet. If it has, I apologize.

As reported by many players the sound is like a blown woofer. Maybe it was clipping or over driven a bit to much during capture of audio? Nonetheless,

great job. This one will probably get added to the server. Will try out the other mods. Thanks again!

@Esfumato - No plans of doing so, i'd be happy to share anything if needed of course.

@iamdecatur & Blueteamguy - I'm 99.9% sure the LEA error is caused by a packing issue, can fix if my tools stop being... tools.

@Blueteamguy - Will fix the animation, honestly didn't even realize what that part was up until now! As for textures i can't really do anything about it, i suck at textures.

@Jigsor - I agree on the sound, it's the same one from A2 though (apparently) as i took it from the sample files. However I've reverted to use the A3 RPG-42 sound instead.

So anyway, i started updating and fixing the issues reported so far and apparently all the tools just took a massive dump after the latest A3 update? Can barely get anything to work anymore, much less pack it down and push out any updates. I must be doing something terribly wrong, but i've only had problems since the "new" tools for A3 was released. Dunno if it's worth trying to go back to 2.5.1, guess they are outdated enough to start producing problems as well by this point. Regardless, much of the issues reported so far are either fixed or something i know how to fix. Some bits and bobs i don't have fully narrowed down around hiddenselections etc, but will ask around for help with those once i can get bothered to fix these f***ing tools.

sorry, I can't help you with the model stuff, I have not the slightest clue about model work. I just know that the hidden selctions have to be specified in there, but don't ask me how. Maybe this is a help: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93033-Hidden-Selections But there are probably more elaborate tutorials to find.

@ XM8-pictures above: the black parts (the parts that make contact to the shooter's body) are probably soft silicone rubber, and thus not paintable, I assume. So if any pattern is to be applied, it would be quite surely only be on the polymer parts, those which are tan in the second pic (which includes the upper receiver section, that is basically the same as on the G36).

btw., because it is a H&K rifle, that "tan" is probably the same "Greenbrown" (RAL 8000 "Grünbraun") that H&K uses on other rifles and handguns. It is darker and with more tendency to olive than "tan" or "coyote", and supposed to be a one-for-all-environments color (a bit like Multicam). Where interestingly this applies only to the polymer parts, the metal parts (be it Aluminium or Steel) are in a bit different tone, probably due to a different surface finish (anodized or burnished), check these official photos:

http://www.all4shooters.com/de/fotos-bilderstrecken-videos-waffen-munition-zubehoer/Fotos/Pro-Zone/Heckler-und-Koch-Langwaffen-Galerie-Pro-Zone/HK416A_GLM_165_RAL_re.jpg

http://www.all4shooters.com/de/fotos-bilderstrecken-videos-waffen-munition-zubehoer/Fotos/Pro-Zone/Heckler-und-Koch-Langwaffen-Galerie-Pro-Zone/HK417A2_13_li_RAL.jpg

http://www.all4shooters.com/de/fotos-bilderstrecken-videos-waffen-munition-zubehoer/Fotos/Pro-Zone/Heckler-und-Koch-Langwaffen-Galerie-Pro-Zone/G28%20mit%20Schalld%C3%A4mpfer.jpg

http://www.all4shooters.com/de/fotos-bilderstrecken-videos-waffen-munition-zubehoer/Fotos/Pro-Zone/Heckler-und-Koch-Langwaffen-Galerie-Pro-Zone/MG4.jpg

@Brainbug - I think i have the hiddenselections working, sort of anyway.

Switched over to using PboProject instead of AddonBuilder as BI can't seem to get their shit together, unlikely to ever go back as this is working way better anyway without any fancy UI no one cares about. Only real "downside" i've noticed is LEA not wanting to open .pbo's packed this way, not sure if that is something i'm doing or a problem with PboProject/LEA. Not really that fussed about it either, LEA compatibility is not a priority of mine, sorry to anyone who use it.

I've completed most of the changes and fixes across the board and i'm currently in the process of starting to figure out GL's, gonna ask around for some guidance to get it done properly. Expecting to be able to include a working L85A2 UGL and XM8 UGL.

Other things i've toyed around with is the Lee Enfield w/ Rail, FN FAL Swagtactical and M16's (and later M4's). If there is an interest in the M4/M16's from A2 i may as well put them out later on, even though there is a whole truckload of similar mods already.

LEA fans everywhere... shudder.....

;-P

I'm sure the LEA folks could help... sometimes if you rename the config file that LEA extract spits out to XXXX.cfg it works if I recall...

SJ

Trixie is always messing around with modding Arma stuff, he's never satisfied until he has finished what he started. Hope everyone enjoys his releases!

~Trixie's Girlfriend.

@SummerFruit - rofl

@SerJames - They probably could, would be preferable if it just supported .pbo's packed with PboProject "out of the box". I'm too lazy to ask about it though! :D

Change of plans! Will not have as much time as i thought i'd have this week, hence i will put out the stuff i have rather than leaving it sitting for another week at least. No, i obviously haven't had the chance to get (working) GL versions in there, so don't get your hopes up! :) Including a quick port of the A2 backpacks i made earlier for testing a couple of things. As per usual all the links are in the OP (original post) with all relevant info!

Trixie's Rifles Pack updated to V1.1

- Added Lee Enfield w/ Rail - ASDG Compatible

- Added FN FAL w/ Rail

Trixie's Launcher Pack updated to V1.1

- Tweaked ammunition to drop faster. (Should hopefully be a bit better now)

Trixie's XM8 Pack updated to V1.1

- Darkened the default textures a tad.

- Added hiddenselection textures to model. ("camo")

Trixie's Backpacks V1.0 released (Requires TFAR/CLF Additional Backpacks for radio bag)

- Adds some of the backpacks from A2 including 1 bad UCP retexture of the "Coyote Backpack"! :)

- Adds a bad UCP retexture of the NICE COMM 2 Falcon III from CLF's Additional Backpacks for TFAR through the use of hiddenselection textures.

- Most A2 backpacks lack the shoulder straps, can hopefully fix some decent ones later.

New update v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@trixie_launchers.png

@trixie_xm8.png

@trixie_rifles.png

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@trixie_backpacks.png

New and updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Thank you so much man! :D

I love dat lee enfield, the addition of rails is just glorious!

Pretty nice. Once GLs come around I might make a private replacement config for NATO troops. They go pretty well with the setup I do right now:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3245156510579022995/C5F5B9D99C99F7020188C45EFF144A7BC878B888/

Hey TheEvanCat, would you mind sharing this replacement config for NATO? Most of us is sick of MX toy guns... (I usually exchange the MX for M4s or SCAR manually with the integrated VAS with NSS admin tools, but an automated change by a replacement config would save time and hassle)

I wonder why nobody tries and releases such replacement configs, so abundant for A2 but inexistent on A3!

Cheers!

@FA Dalai Lamar - The FN FAL anim is simply me fucking up a config entry, will upload a fix asap! Not sure about the scope, will look into that as well.

@TheEvanCat - Feel free to make any such replacement configs public if you'd like, i'm sure others would use it as well! :)

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Icky double post. Links and relevant info in the OP as per usual!

Trixie's Rifles Pack updated to V1.2

- FN FAL no longer dependent on the XM8 pack for animation. (D'oh!)

- Added CZ550 with rail for your crazy scope needs! :)

- CZ 550 now show correct mount of bullets in magazine. (10 > 5)

- CZ 550 Scoped should no longer show a weird black box on scope. (Unconfirmed, unable to reproduce.)

Any problems, let me know!

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Once XM8 GLs are there, I'll finish up the config.

The SMAW is a lot better now, thanks!

@Trixie_BritishWeapons on Play WithSix does not include @ASDG_JR as a dependency, causing issues for players.

Please can this be updated. Thanks ;)

@Brainbug - No, have yet to read up on that, cheers for the heads up!

@Goodson - Will let PWS Staff know to update it, thank you!

Could you add support for the Nato SF pack? Specifically for the black ARCO while we wait for a SpecterDR sight. Thanks!

@Baconide - Isn't the NATO SF pack ASDG compatible?

All packs updated for the new 1.24 sound config standards, see OP for details. Did not have time to clean out the files fully before uploading, includes at least a WIP XM8 GL and possibly one or two other weapons that i started working on before.

hope PW6 spot the update... missing my Trixie fix....

SJ