trixie

Trixie's Release Thread

I don't know if i would call it "the end" of the weapons, i just can't make any model edits to them anymore. It's certainly possible i'll just remake everything from scratch again, something i've been wanting to do for a while anyway as i've learned quite a bit since i started. Wont happen anytime soon as i'm both busy and unmotivated due to the current state of ArmA.

In the meantime, i've updated the configs to fully support ASDG (i hope...) and i've tested it together with the RKSL attachments and FHQ accessories, both working fine!

Trixie's Weapon Pack V1.2 includes following changes

- ASDG Joint Rails support.

- Minor ROF tweaks for L110A1/L7A2/L86A2 based on (i hope) realistic info.

- Misc code fixes and texture error for L86A2.

Please let me know if you find any issues as i haven't been doing this for a little while and i probably forgot about something!

EDIT: Reuploaded as i messed a small config entry up, sorry for the inconvenience if anyone already downloaded it!

Edited by Trixie

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello Trixie! :)

Love the mod, but I've got one suggestion. Please can you remove the box from the GPMG for the realism factor because British forces tend not to use the box, instead these use the actual belts. (Remove so it's similar to the UKF GPMG from Arma 2)

Thanks again

A. James

Trixie, thanks for adding ASDG :)

I did notice that your config change managed to prevent the 7.62mm suppressor from fitting for some reason ?

It definitely worked before.

?

SJ

That would be my doing, forgot to add the silencer after updating the attachments etc! Will upload a fix for that later today along with something else perhaps.

As for the L7A2 box, can't really do anything about that due to reasons i mentioned earlier.

V1.3 uploaded, see OP for link!

- Added L85A2's (3 versions).

- Fixed missing suppressor for L129A1.

- Fixed JSRS compatibility.

The L85A2's are not anything extraordinary and i'd personally use Kiory's L85A2 instead. Regardless, i've added the standard A2 RIS version, the UGL version which is still not fully functional and one that uses the L86A2 handguard to somewhat resemble a "standard" L85A2. Can't promise i'll ever get around to fixing the UGL, but i left the l85a2.pbo unbinarized in case anyone wants to give it a shot. Classnames updated too.

Been bored today and wanted to test a few new methods/tools for porting weapons, so i had a go at the XM8 series of rifles. See OP for most details, including classnames! I've included 2 XM8 scopes that are ASDG enabled along with the weapons, however most "normal" scopes look terrible on these rifles. Couple of additional pictures are available in the OP. Don't have the GL version in it yet, think most of you know why already! :) Will probably stop being lazy eventually and learn how to fix it... Bipods are not animated!

As per usual, any suggestions/feedback is welcome along with reports of various issues (which i am sure there are some).

DOWNLOAD! (8MB) Trixie's XM8 Pack v1.0

6fdMfJcl.jpg

New and updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!

I have been waiting for a decent XM8 mod! Thank you for delivering one.

Although, to make a quick suggestion, could you make a tan version, a white version, and possibly a few camo versions?

The mod is amazing as is, but adding camo versions would make it that much better.

Nice too see all the XM8's ported over. Looking forward to shooting some CSAT with em :D

@jcinto23 - I'm very bad at textures and as such can't make any promises! :)

Another day, more mods and a little bit of reorganizing! Downloads can be found in the OP (first post).

All my work is now officially licensed under APL-SA to allow for further modification. (I hope i got the license right, if not, let me know!)

Trixie's British Weapons updated to 1.3.1

- Renamed from Trixie Weapon Pack to Trixie's British Weapons for easier identification.

- Cleaned and updated a couple of configs.

- Added license APL-SA.

Trixie's XM8 Pack updated to 1.0.1

- Updated name of scopes, now known as "ISM-V" and "ISM ACOG", classnames unchanged!

- Cleaned and updated config.

- Added license APL-SA.

Released Trixie's Launcher Pack 1.0

- Introduces the A2 SMAW along with HEAA & HEDP rockets!

- Probably planning on adding the other US launchers at a later stage. (Hence the "pack")

- Licensed under APL-SA.

PQoaDKtl.jpg

Released Trixie's Rifle Pack 1.0

- Introduces the A2 Lee Enfield Mk III & CZ550

- Will use this pack for misc weapons that do not require a separate release!

- Licensed under APL-SA.

liP1YCvl.jpg

Is the Rifles pack ASDG JR compatible? Would love to get some unique combinations on the Enfield with current-gen scopes!

Negative, it is currently not ASDG compatible. It's not a bad idea however, i'll see what i can do about it, shouldn't be awfully hard to slap a rail on it! :)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@trixie_launchers.png

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@trixie_rifles.png

@ Trixie;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Trixie, you could at least make the texture (m8_grey_co.paa) as hidden selection so other people can change the textures if they want to paint some fancy stuff on it. I assume that is not an awful lot of work (just a few mouseclicks and a line in the config), but requires access to the unbinarized model file, so it is up to you.

I think I could then try myself on a few texture variants that you can incorporate later if they turn out ok (no promises either lol).

Trixie, you could at least make the texture (m8_grey_co.paa) as hidden selection so other people can change the textures if they want to paint some fancy stuff on it. I assume that is not an awful lot of work (just a few mouseclicks and a line in the config), but requires access to the unbinarized model file, so it is up to you.

I think I could then try myself on a few texture variants that you can incorporate later if they turn out ok (no promises either lol).

I wonder what CoD-influenced camo's will be painted on this gun... Look forward to some of them definitely, theres some nice patterns.

I love the SMAW, but I think it flies a bit too straight, the projectile barely drops in height even over large distances. So it's a bit too easy atm in my opinion... :) If you would do something about this we'd use it for sure!!

@Brainbug - I will deffo do that, didn't think of that yet. Haven't done it before but as you suggest it can't be that hard! Not sure i'll have time to do it today/tomorrow, but if you are interested in giving it a shot already you can drop me a PM for the source files.

@rzon - Noted, first time doing a launcher so probably something i messed up in the config! Will try to resolve in the coming days. :)

New and updated versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. IMO I think BIS did pretty good with the RPG ballistics, maybe you can take a look at how they did it.

Edited by rzon

Hey thanks for the mod.....can not import this mod (XM8) into LEA like the previous mod. Getting an error unknown block header. Can you edit the mod so it can be used in LEA. Thanks in advance.