trixie

Trixie's Release Thread

Looks good actually, go ahead and send it if you want! I think i'm on the right way with the shininess after some trial and error this morning, it's not perfect but a lot less shiny, especially in direct sunlight!

Looks good actually, go ahead and send it if you want! I think i'm on the right way with the shininess after some trial and error this morning, it's not perfect but a lot less shiny, especially in direct sunlight!

Yeah the shininess I believe is done through a seperate file. Can't remember if it's a smdi or nohq or something. It's not really something that can be edited in the main texture file.

Uploaded a new version with updated textures and no more shiny surfaces. If someone else would confirm it's fixed or atleast not as bad as before that'd be great! I'm aware of a couple of other issues that has been reported such as some scopes not working on the vanilla sniper weapons with this addon enabled (anyone with an idea why that would happen?) and missing UI pictures for the scopes. Will get around to fix that eventually, right now i'm kinda occupied elsewhere. :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Ah mate! Great to see the shinyness has gone. Also, wondered if you were planning on using kiory's texures, to make the two 'fit', like Bravo did. The metal texture and grip texture from kiory is really cool :) I really like this mod but at the moment I don't feel it quite fits with the l85 because of the textures. Understand you have lots to do, only offering some suggstions :)

Awesome mod bro!

Trixie, if you do manage to port across the L129A1 I will love you! And if it works with the ACOG then even better :P

First person to port the Jackals and Landy's gets a cookie ;)

First person to port the Jackals and Landy's gets a cookie ;)

Jackals will be in my mod, Joint Ops. :D

@Nightmare515 - Is the Jackals something that's in the works right now? Was gonna get into trying to port it next week as i'm in need of it for my community too, but if it's already in the works with a reasonable deadline i might not have to!

@P_Siddy - The L129A1 is StalkerGB's though (i think?) and i'd need to get source files from him to port it. I have no idea if he'd be willing to part with it, can ask though.

L86A2 Updated to V1.3!

Added textures from Kiory's L85A2 with help from Bravo93, thank you!

Added Eotech 553.

Fixed shininess of ACOG.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice! Like the new grip textures. Maybe the metal is a little dark? Maybe you could use kiory's metal textures. That would be rly awesome!

Love it bro!

I'd love to see the UGL released, at least as a temporary fix until Kiorys HQ version comes out! I'd like to see that as a priority as most other things are covered at the moment either directly by other mods or very similar look alike's. There's no real replacement for the L85 UGL! :)

Nightmare515 signalled he had given up on a lot of the content porting in his thread, so I think that vehicle is completely up for grabs again.

Nightmare515 signalled he had given up on a lot of the content porting in his thread, so I think that vehicle is completely up for grabs again.

Really I gave up on it altogether as I just wasn't happy with it.

Trixie, did you decide what you were going to port next? Or you still looking for ideas?

Are there future plans of making the scopes ASDG compatible?

i really like the scopes.... very nice work

Edited by RatNL

@doom_sharpe - Don't have any further updates planned for the L86A2, and the SUSAT placement is like that on every weapon afaik.

@P_Siddy - No, unfortunately i lost interest in ArmA, have something like 1700 hours in game alone at this point. I still like to experiment and play around with the sample models almost on a daily basis, but not looking to port anything over to the public. I did ask StalkerGB about his L129A1 back when that subject first came up, have yet to get a reply though.

@mihikle - As i mentioned above i have little interest in doing anything "serious" in the near future. However if you (and anyone else) for whatever god awful reason would like to use the L85A2 w/ UGL that i did work on previously, i dug it up and uploaded it to my Google Drive (called l85a2ugl.rar), where previous L86A2 versions can also be found and some other random projects from time to time. Be aware though that this weapons is in a veeeery unfinished state. Provided i didn't do any major changes i forgot about it should work somewhat fine except for the lack of proper UGL sights. Not looking to finish it anytime soon, if ever, but as per usual anyone can do whatever they want with the files provided proper credits are given to Kiory and LordJarhead.

@RatNL - ASDG support isn't something i'm looking to add, see above for reasons. The scopes are, just like the weapons, completely free to open and edit though for anyone who would wish to make them ASDG compatible!

@Trixie - Thanks very much mate, I like a challenge so I'll see if I can iron out any problems with it and maybe finish it a bit more, thanks very much for the files!

Got the L129A1 files from StalkerGB earlier this week and had a quick test session this morning to check it out, working beautifully so far! Waiting for confirmation that i can release it (once it's finished) and looking around for good sounds to use. Would also like to make a few different versions of it etc.

JCk1WKCh.jpg

This is looking great! The sharpshooters from my GU will surely be happy to see this ingame.