Sign in to follow this  
spudly

Arma 3 Tools Suite installation - Start to Finish

Hello all,

I've tried several times to get the Arma 3 Tools Suite installed and working, but have been having extraordinary problems finding the information needed for a reliable and working environment.

Searching online gives only fragmentary information, based around the old versions of the software (the Arma 2 suite) and the new version.

So, with that in mind, I'd like to ask two things.

Firstly, is anyone aware of any documentation which takes the user from the installation of the tools using Steam, through to getting a sample loaded and viewable in Buldozer?

If not, can we use this thread to put something together, which may possibly be reorganised once the process is complete, to help other people attempting the same thing?

This really shouldn't be an arcane art, the tool suite exists, but given the lack of documentation from BIS (and I'm not hating on BIS here, I know the guys are busy) it would be nice to pool some community knowledge.

Here's a recommendation, although personally I add *.rvmat; to the end of that list of file extensions.

Hiya Chortles, thanks for the reply.

I've actually been through that tutorial and it was really helpful, though I'm still having the problem that when I press the start buldozer button, I get a message pup up which says "Unable to start external viewer", then buldozer pops up with the Arma 2 error message, mentioning halfa.paa.

I've depbo'd the core and bin folders, and I've depbo'd the a3\data_f pbo into it's folder on the P drive. Currently my settings in ObjectBuilder look like this:

Lok6xVc.png

Edited by Spudly
formatting

after a lot of trouble and being in the same situation as Spudly, I finally figured out how to get it to work.

Follow the guide that Chortles postet, when you come to the part, where you copy the dll's, you need to copy all steam relateted .dll's not just the ones that are mentioned

that .dll's are

- steamclient.dll

- steam_api.dll

- Steam.dll

Didn't work for me still after all these settings and tweaks.. I therefore reinstalled everyting over and over and over again, still I got these same arma2 and external view errors.

Then for an odd reason I ran oxygen2 with administrator rights and the viewer magically started to work. Getting the tool work is indeed a dark arcane art. This took me 2 months to finallly figure out that launching with admin rights finally does the trick.

I am also suffering from problems with the Arma 3 Tools, I install off steam, then try to launch the terrain builder and get an error message ["this application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b "] I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or had it, and if there is anything I can do to resolve it, I have already tried reinstalling the arma 3 tool package without success.

Thank you for any Replies

Some addtional info. Just so this is posted as also, but I had more permissions on this site I would start a thread about it. I discovered today that on my crappy 4 year old Dell Laptop (Win 7) Arma tools will NOT mount a P drive if I'm running Steam in administrative mode. It's kind of weird, but could be a dell thing, but i've noticed some people having trouble mounting their P drive, see here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178847-DevP-not-Working-%28Windows-8-1%29&p=2711969#post2711969

Edited by Blowback