Jump to content
giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

4 minutes ago, M. Pow said:

Is it possible to use ALiVE mil and civ objectives and AI commander modules or will it screw with the mission 

I have no idea but for the story before working on Hearts and Minds I was using ALiVE. But my server wasn't really good so I choose to drop ALiVE and search for a mission mimicking ALiVE. And I found this mission which have a caching, side mission and a system where AI send military in certain circumstance. The performance and the system of spreading AI were a good compromise for me.

 

So, if you have ALiVE, I recommend to just use their own system.

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way I can remove some of the items from the (Logistics -> Require Objects) menu? Also is there a way that I could lock access to that menu, maybe a setvariable that I can set to false?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

1 hour ago, Fearmonger said:

Is there a way I can remove some of the items from the (Logistics -> Require Objects) menu?

See here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L425-L511

 

1 hour ago, Fearmonger said:

Also is there a way that I could lock access to that menu, maybe a setvariable that I can set to false? 

See here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L40-L82

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Thank you very much!! How could I set all static weapons to spawn with no ammo in them? Would like the players to have to load them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with the latest version not saving progress on dedicated server for some reason. Even if I try to manually save before logging off it still won't save progress.

 

Also, is there any way to change the IEDs to traps from the new SOG Prairie Fire DLC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

58 minutes ago, Red Dog One said:

I'm having an issue with the latest version not saving progress on dedicated server for some reason. Even if I try to manually save before logging off it still won't save progress.

Create a ticket here then: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/new?assignees=&labels=bug&template=bug_report.md&title=

 

58 minutes ago, Red Dog One said:

Also, is there any way to change the IEDs to traps from the new SOG Prairie Fire DLC?

Take a look here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L386

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 9:06 AM, Vdauphin said:

I tried replacing the classes in that array, but it didn't change anything. Still getting the default IEDs, which of course really stand out on a Vietnam map.

 

On the plus side, I figured out my save issue. somehow the MySQL folder got deleted. Fixed the issue and saves are now working properly again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Dog One said:

I tried replacing the classes in that array, but it didn't change anything. Still getting the default IEDs, which of course really stand out on a Vietnam map.

Well may be we are not talking about the same thing then:

- ACE IED list is here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L386

- Objects list around the IED is here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L334-L347

 

4 hours ago, Red Dog One said:

somehow the MySQL folder got deleted.

Don't know what you are talking about but H&M don't use SQL, it use this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/profileNamespace see https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

I'll take a look there too and see what I can figure out.

 

11 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Don't know what you are talking about but H&M don't use SQL, it use this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/profileNamespace see https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Profile

That's interesting... but as soon as I fixed the MySQL issue it started saving again, and I didn't do anything else different. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I update the garbage removal mission that requires the Nemmera to allow for different vehicles? I see it's referenced in the deleteLoop.sqf along with the Stryker. Is it as straightforward as including my mission's vehicles in that clause on line 28?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a question regarding the rally-point system changes following the 1.21 update. Prior to version 1.21 after one player placed a camp bag rally-point down any player could spawn on it, including JIPs, until the max number of redeploys was reached. It seems now with the 1.21 update that only the player who placed the camp bag down can see the rally-point. Was this change intentional? Also, is there any way one could make it so all players can utilize the camp bag rally-point after it is deployed? 

Thank you for your continued work, and frequent updates on this mission.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello both,

 

9 hours ago, Dilbadil said:

How can I update the garbage removal mission that requires the Nemmera to allow for different vehicles? I see it's referenced in the deleteLoop.sqf along with the Stryker. Is it as straightforward as including my mission's vehicles in that clause on line 28? 

Yes

 

2 hours ago, ArcticFox737 said:

It seems now with the 1.21 update that only the player who placed the camp bag down can see the rally-point. Was this change intentional? Also, is there any way one could make it so all players can utilize the camp bag rally-point after it is deployed? 

I use BI system so this is how BI implemented it. If I remember I didn't saw such thing

May be only player in the same team can see it

It is true that in 1.20 I did some tweak with the marker, I basically made it global because BI didn't (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/1.20.10/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/fob/init.sqf#L35-L36)

But I don't see how this could resolve the issue you have in the 1.21

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to cap the amount of enemy spawns for an assassination and hostage rescue mission? Some buildings on the Weferlingen map are quite large and can result in >100 AI being spawned in and tanking the server, and I doubt that was your original intent anyways. My best guess would be in kill.sqf line 47:

private _pos_number = count _buildingPos - 1;

to

private _pos_number = (count _buildingPos - 1) max 20;

or some other hard cap. The same logic for hostage.sqf as well. Is that on the right track?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.21.4 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

 

Changelog :

  • Param.hpp changed.
  • Mission.sqm not changed.
  • FIX: Missing faction mainly since new S.O.G. PRAIRIE FIRE CDLC (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Militia can spawn inside hideout when player is near it (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: For server using -autoinit, objects in container are not loaded after restart (@Vdauphin).

 

Have fun!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×