Jump to content
giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Recommended Posts

Hello,

3 hours ago, jus61 said:

If you have cleared a city of enemy units it will stay clean after restarting the server?

Yes (/core/fnc/db/save.sqf#L32), but at any time of the game a patrol can move to it and get it back when this city is close to an hideout. That why, your work must be focus on intelligence to find and destroy hideout.

Cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi

i tried to drop some leaflets with the AL6 Nato drone but it is not working .

 

what i tried it with:

OG. version of Hearts an Minds  Altis

mods:

rhs, ace, cba

 

any ideas?

 

thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a welcome extension if you could deactivate the mines in another way like here  :

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

4 hours ago, jus61 said:

It would be a welcome extension if you could deactivate the mines in another way like here  :

I agree but it fit more ACE than H&M :/

Have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

 

I think there is currently a problem with the release of leaflets from a drone. With the NATO AL6, I do not get an option for dropping leaflets.

If I customize the classname in core / fnc / civ / add_leaflets.sqf on B_UAV_01_F everything works.

 

params ["_player","_uav"];

if !(_uav isKindOf "B_UAV_06_F") exitWith {};

_uav addMagazine "1Rnd_Leaflets_West_F";
if !("Bomb_Leaflets" in (_uav weaponsTurret [[0, -1] select (_uav isKindOf "UAV_06_base_F")])) then {
    _uav addWeapon "Bomb_Leaflets";
};
_uav selectWeaponTurret ["Bomb_Leaflets", [[0, -1] select (_uav isKindOf "UAV_06_base_F")]];
if (needReload _uav == 1) then {reload _uav};

if ((_uav getVariable ["btc_leaflets_eh_added" , -1]) isEqualTo -1) then {
    private _id_f = _uav addEventHandler ["Fired", btc_fnc_eh_leaflets];
    _uav setVariable ["btc_leaflets_eh_added" , _id_f];

    if (btc_debug) then {
        systemChat format ["Add leaflets EventHandler ID: %1", _id_f];
    };
};

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is a suggestion from me:

i love playing this mission, defusing the ieds makes a big part of the mission for me.

I always thought it was a pity that the IEDs were left behind on the road by the players after defusing.

That's why I added an "IED Bunker" to my modified mission.

There, players can discard the defused IEDs and blow them up controlled.

This creates positive reputation (via a trigger, pierremgi here from the forum helped me with this, thanks again for that!)

Here is the link to the trigger settings:

33689477do.jpg

 

 

in the conditionfield add following: 

{typeOf _x == "IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo" && _x inArea thisTrigger} count allMines > 0 ||
{typeOf _x == "IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" && _x inArea thisTrigger} count allMines > 0 ||
{typeOf _x == "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" && _x inArea thisTrigger} count allMines > 0 ||
{typeOf _x == "IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" && _x inArea thisTrigger} count allMines > 0

in activate:
hint "IED is armed";

in deactivate:
hint "IED successfully blasted"; 15 call btc_fnc_rep_change;

If you now blow up an armed IED in the triggerarea you will get a rep bonus of +15 points.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defender82 said:

Hey everyone,

 

I think there is currently a problem with the release of leaflets from a drone. With the NATO AL6, I do not get an option for dropping leaflets.

If I customize the classname in core / fnc / civ / add_leaflets.sqf on B_UAV_01_F everything works.

 

params ["_player","_uav"];

if !(_uav isKindOf "B_UAV_06_F") exitWith {};

_uav addMagazine "1Rnd_Leaflets_West_F";
if !("Bomb_Leaflets" in (_uav weaponsTurret [[0, -1] select (_uav isKindOf "UAV_06_base_F")])) then {
    _uav addWeapon "Bomb_Leaflets";
};
_uav selectWeaponTurret ["Bomb_Leaflets", [[0, -1] select (_uav isKindOf "UAV_06_base_F")]];
if (needReload _uav == 1) then {reload _uav};

if ((_uav getVariable ["btc_leaflets_eh_added" , -1]) isEqualTo -1) then {
    private _id_f = _uav addEventHandler ["Fired", btc_fnc_eh_leaflets];
    _uav setVariable ["btc_leaflets_eh_added" , _id_f];

    if (btc_debug) then {
        systemChat format ["Add leaflets EventHandler ID: %1", _id_f];
    };
};

 

 

Did it work on AL-6? I had already modified it for if! (_ Uav isKindOf "B_UAV_06_F") exitWith {}; even so the AL-6 drone does not drop the flyers, I'm using the AR-2 to drop flyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, i´m only getting the AR-2 working. On the AL-6 you can´t Enter the "Gunner" seat and there is also no option in the scroll menue to drop leaflets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2018 at 2:38 PM, Defender82 said:

No, i´m only getting the AR-2 working. On the AL-6 you can´t Enter the "Gunner" seat and there is also no option in the scroll menue to drop leaflets.

the strangest thing is that in some initial tests the leaflets worked (intermittently) on AL-6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

On 30/08/2018 at 9:06 PM, TonyStarkBR said:

the strangest thing

Nothing strange here, just Arma Updates...

 

I tried different solutions but I just fail with the AL-6 as I don't own the DLC Laws of War. Next hot-fix will allow you to use the AR-2 to drop leaflets as I am sure this UAV isn't bugged (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/597).

 

Have fun!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a way to insert a keybind into the hook / unhook function of the helicopter? If you hover over the target, it can happen that the "hook" option disappears if you do not stay exactly above the target, so it can happen that you jump right out of the helicopter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

24 minutes ago, Defender82 said:

is there a way to insert a keybind into the hook / unhook function of the helicopter?

Isn't that easy. You can script it like here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/shortcuts.sqf

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/398

 

See you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon and thank you for creating this beautiful mission framework. I have just discovered it and I am hooked.

 

I am attempting to make some edits for my community so that we can have our own slots and vehicles etc. 

 

I am having an issue where after running it a few times in the editor, all of the scripts will just stop working. No arsenal, no side missions, no spawning. Nothing. 

 

There doesn't seem to be one specific thing causing it. For example, it will sometimes work with friendly AI. Sometimes not. Sometimes it will work with the default units there. Sometimes it will stop working if I move them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

46 minutes ago, Steel UK said:

Good afternoon and thank you for creating this beautiful mission framework. I have just discovered it and I am hooked.

Thanks from all contributors ;)

 

47 minutes ago, Steel UK said:

I am attempting to make some edits for my community so that we can have our own slots and vehicles etc. 

Maybe take a look to this if you haven't : http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/#mission-editing

 

50 minutes ago, Steel UK said:

There doesn't seem to be one specific thing causing it.

There is, if it wasn't the case everything would run just fine. Honestly I can't help you more. Check your RPT to find your mistakes or post a detailed issue here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/new.

 

See you soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I THINK (massive emphasis on think) that the error is being caused by grouping friendly units together as opposed to having them as individual units as is default. 

 

Is this a possibility at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.18.4 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

 

Changelog :

  • Mission.sqm and param.hpp unchanged.
  • FIX: Use AR-2 to drop leaflets (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Bodies are deleted too close from players (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Remove DLC statics from logistic point menu (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Mortar entry "B_Mortar_01_F" (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am struggling to get WEST factions to work as the enemy faction. I have searched around for an option to switch myself to OPFOR or something but apart from putting down playable GUER and EAST units and setting the GUER to enemy, I have had no luck.

 

I have tried with WEST factions from three different mods. 

 

Any ideas? 

 

Thank you again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much.

 

I really appreciate your support. This is the best mission framework I have ever come across and really hits home with my late ArmA 2 Patrol Ops/MSO cravings. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×