giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

thanks for that info, ;)

so just 

On 7.1.2018 at 8:56 PM, Vdauphin said:

• Remove all ACE module and use CBA setting :
  • Set the engineer an ACE advanced engineer (checkbox in the Eden editor)
  • Allow damage to player/AI
  • Disable cargo under logistic
  • Heli pad of the logistic point as a repair location.
  • I hope I missed nothing more :/

+

28 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello, I forget to say: you need to add the heli pad of the logistic point as a repair location.

because everyone who tries to port the map (and is not familar with this forum/content in this thread) with your guide in the wiki will miss that information above

Just now, yxman said:

thanks for that info ;)

+

because everyone who tries to port the map (and is not familar with this forum/content in this thread) with your guide in the wiki will miss that information above

He doesn't need it because the guide say download the last released which include those changes.

Those change are just necessary for people who don't want to redo the mission.sqm from 1.17.5.

I currently have a problem that wrecks don't get saved and no wreck markers appear as well. Vehicles are all in the array.

2 hours ago, senqa20 said:

I currently have a problem that wrecks don't get saved and no wreck markers appear as well. Vehicles are all in the array.

Hello,

How can I help you ?

Cheers

15 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

How can I help you ?

Cheers

Hey,

sorry for that non specific Question :D

So I'm using a modified version of your H&M and if a vehicle gets destroyed the wreck will just stay there but won't be marked on the map and disappears after saving and restart. So I'm wondering if I forgot to add something somewhere.

Also I experienced that customized vehicles from the editor change as well. For example if I spawn a civilian van and add a light bar and change the color and load the mission on a dedicated server it works. But after saving on loading this save again the color will be changed to a random one and other gimmicks disappear as well.

My Repository: https://github.com/senqa20/HeartsAndMines

Noticed there is only 1 headless client slot. If I added 2 more HC slots would it cause any problems with how you have configured the mission?

*also what # option would give me the APEX Syndicate as enemies? I don't see them in the params listed.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, MANTIA said:

Noticed there is only 1 headless client slot. If I added 2 more HC slots would it cause any problems with how you have configured the mission?

Thanks

Hello,

No problem because they will not be used x)

This is not necessary to add more because H&M use a caching system, it only generate enemies around player. The headless is only here to handle enemies patrol which are persistant even if player is not around. Because H&M genereate only a limited number of patrol (enemies patrol have an average of 50 enemies)  only one headless is necessary.

Bye!

Hello,

On 03/02/2018 at 2:36 PM, senqa20 said:

So I'm using a modified version of your H&M and if a vehicle gets destroyed the wreck will just stay there but won't be marked on the map and disappears after saving and restart. So I'm wondering if I forgot to add something somewhere.

Just follow this https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system

and check your RTP to be sure you didn't do any mistake.

Also I experienced that customized vehicles from the editor change as well. For example if I spawn a civilian van and add a light bar and change the color and load the mission on a dedicated server it works. But after saving on loading this save again the color will be changed to a random one and other gimmicks disappear as well.

Actually the H&M does not support this feature. I fixed it in the developpement branch due to the data base conflicte generated by the FIX (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/482).

Prefer to posting issue here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/new  and fork because I can easily see change you made.

Have fun !

Hello,

23 hours ago, MANTIA said:

*also what # option would give me the APEX Syndicate as enemies? I don't see them in the params listed.

I don't know also. The array follow an alphabetical order so scroll until you see :

Expansion Bohemia Interactive: Syndikat (Side: GUER)

Bye!

• Like 1

Just discovered this the other day @Vdauphin and I am absolutely loving it! Just had a couple questions. 

1. Is it possible to change what the suicide bombers look like? I would like to be able to put the suicide vest on them. 

2. In the IED boom.sqf, it references a GBU-12, what is this? Is this the size of the explosion, the sound, the frag range or all of the above? If so, is it possible to change it to something else?

Edited by MacTheGoon

Hello,

9 hours ago, MacTheGoon said:

Just discovered this the other day @Vdauphin and I am absolutely loving it!

Thanks and welcome!

1. Is it possible to change what the suicide bombers look like? I would like to be able to put the suicide vest on them. 

Not easily but you could do it in this file : /core/fnc/ied/suicider_active.sqf

2. In the IED boom.sqf, it references a GBU-12, what is this? Is this the size of the explosion, the sound, the frag range or all of the above? If so, is it possible to change it to something else?

The GBU-12 is the explosive use when the IED explode. You can change it to what ever you like.

Have fun

• Thanks 1

Hey @Vdauphin, me again. Thank you for your previous answer. 

My question this time is, is it possible to spawn another creation box to get materials from to build fob walls, emplacements, etc around a newly built FOB? Basically a copy of the original box at the main base at mission start?

On 13/02/2018 at 1:47 PM, MacTheGoon said:

Hey @Vdauphin, me again. Thank you for your previous answer. 

My question this time is, is it possible to spawn another creation box to get materials from to build fob walls, emplacements, etc around a newly built FOB? Basically a copy of the original box at the main base at mission start?

Hello,

It is not possible. The goal is to use the logistic system as much as possible. Also, as all materials are saved in the data base anything done is not lost after saver restart. I wrote a PR to easily copy and paste a container with its cargo so in the next major update you will be allow to generate quickly a lot of objects at logisitc point and lift it to the location you want (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/386).

Cheers

I've enabled game autosave every 1 hour on my server and the enemy AI spawns itself in each active town where we're playing and when server start autosave enemy start respawn again and again after every autosave, i mean after every autosave in active  zone  enemy AI group respawn every time 

sorry for my bad english

On 15/02/2018 at 12:40 AM, otarius-big said:

I've enabled game autosave every 1 hour on my server and the enemy AI spawns itself in each active town where we're playing and when server start autosave enemy start respawn again and again after every autosave, i mean after every autosave in active  zone  enemy AI group respawn every time 

sorry for my bad english

Hello,

The autosave allow you to automatically save before your automatic Arma 3 server reboot, so even if AI respawn they will not be saved.

Have fun!

auto save  makes  new ai respawn . i mean when i killed all ai and there is onlu 1 or 2 ai ,avtosave  makes it as new mission i must clear it again 

Does BTC by any chance have the logistical function/script available for public download?

I'm referring to the script that allows the objects & ammo types to be taken from the logistical box.

4 hours ago, Ellman said:

Does BTC by any chance have the logistical function/script available for public download?

I'm referring to the script that allows the objects & ammo types to be taken from the logistical box.

Hello,

No because all scripts are dependent from each others. For example, some objects don't have any ACE interaction, can't be loaded in cargo or lifted and the data base system make those action in mission persistent to avoid useless logistic movement from player.

Bye!

DO you have a mission with the side missions by itself? I would like to use your side mission system on another mission.

10 hours ago, WastedMike_ said:

DO you have a mission with the side missions by itself? I would like to use your side mission system on another mission.

Hello,

No sorry.

Have fun!

Hello !

The H&M 1.17.8 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

•  Param.hpp CHANGED.
  •  Mission.sqm unchanged.
  •  FIX: Update factions array due to mods update (add WarfareThai EX).
  •  FIX: Markers are not deleted when side mission convoy/capture officer failed.
  •  FIX: Use sling load cargo memory points when available.
  •  FIX: Lift behavior for helicopter wreck.
  •  FIX: Sometimes engine of vehicles can't be turn ON.
  •  FIX: Set damage function for side mission civilian treatment.
  •  FIX: Syntax error when the lifting HUD is used.
  •  FIX: Documentation about saving marker on map in camp channel.

See you!

i want limited arsenal Weapon for players only. it possible?   

can u recomend how to  make it?

like this:

How does one change the objects in the logistical menu?

Been trying to find a sqf or a hpp file containing all the classnames of the objects that you can request for a while now.

*Nevermind found it in the mission.sqf file*

On 21/02/2018 at 10:16 PM, otarius-big said:

i want limited arsenal Weapon for players only. it possible?   

can u recomend how to  make it?

Hello,

I have no idea :/

the Arsenal is called here : /core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L88

Good luck!