giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

One of the most comprehensive games I've ever played on Arma3.  Dauphin has just updated today to the reputation punishment for shooting weapons near civilians without reason. If they pick up a gun, you have to disarm them for positive reputation points.

In the game it rewards you positive reputation points for doing something like healing civilian wounded, killing enemies, destroying caches, taking enemy hostages and interrogating prisoners(higher probability of gaining intel from prisoner than from searching dead bodies), destroying enemy vehicles and hideouts. Blufor starts out with low reputation and after building up a certain amount of points, the civilians help you by providing truthful information, hiding you when you need a ride in the back of a civilian truck for a ride back to your base.  On the flip side, you are punished for respawning, destroying your own vehicles, destroying villages, killing civilans, then the civies give you false intel and then run into their houses and call the local malita where a group of armed men show up. If it continues down a negative path, the civilians get fed up and take up arms.  It's quite an exciting and dynamic mission that isn't seen that often in arma. 

• Like 1

it is really one of the best missions out there to bad not much servers running it and if so there most likely locked

Hello !

The H&M 1.15.5 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- FIX: Cache is not spawning in final phase.

- FIX: RHS HUMVV altitude in mission.sqm due to RHS update.

- FIX: Get down order to civil.

- FIX: Sometimes rope is not long enough for lifting.

- FIX: Ringing noise not compatible with ACE3 ear plugs.
- FIX: Improve support of island for traffic and patrol.
- FIX: In side mission rescue, the pilot can be kill by ACE cookoff.
- FIX: C4 on suicider is not correctly display on dedicate.
- FIX: When an underground object is unhook on bridge, it fall under it.

- FIX: Sometimes objects can't be lift when fasteroping.
- FIX: Typo spelling error on final task.

Bye!!

Hi Vdauphin, I've been trying to get this running on a dedicated server. I'm getting a number of MOD dependency errors with ACE as well as RHS such as the CH47F missing. Can you provide the version of ACE and RHS that the mission is compatible with? Currently I'm running the latest versions of both. Also, I can load the mission in multiplayer hosted but the Ace interaction menu's are not working. Again, my client is on the latest version of ACE. Thanks for your time I hope you can help me get this going as this mission is alot of fun!.

Welcome,

34 minutes ago, VinsanityOne said:

I'm getting a number of MOD dependency errors with ACE as well as RHS such as the CH47F missing.

This mean you are not running MOD need by H&M ie: CBA_A3, ACE3 and RHS USAF.

35 minutes ago, VinsanityOne said:

Can you provide the version of ACE and RHS that the mission is compatible with?

The official released works with ACE3, CBA and RHS USAF mods.

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/releases/

Please send me the .rtp from client and server, this should help to find the issue.

Byyye!

7 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Welcome,

This mean you are not running MOD need by H&M ie: CBA_A3, ACE3 and RHS USAF.

The official released works with ACE3, CBA and RHS USAF mods.

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/releases/

Please send me the .rtp from client and server, this should help to find the issue.

Byyye!

Thanks very much! I sent the log to you via message.

Great mission!!

Quick question.  Does the enemy quantity scale based on the number of human players?

Thanks

Eric

14 hours ago, eric963 said:

Great mission!!

Quick question.  Does the enemy quantity scale based on the number of human players?

Thanks

Eric

Hello!

No, but if you decrease the number of Hideout in mission parameter you will decrease the difficulty.

You can also increase the number of hideout to have more AI but think about performance.

Bye!

Hello Vdauphin, was the mission.sqm changed in any way with the latest hotfix? I was editing the previous version and i want to update to the latest hotfix and wanted to know if i could just copy over the mission.sqm that i edited.

Hello,

I updated the mission.sqm because RHS HUMVV are stuck in the ground due to RHS update.

So If you did it by youself or you are not using HUMVV you can keep your mission.sqm

Bye!

On 1/2/2017 at 10:15 AM, MANTIA said:

Hi Vdauphin

Is there a way to disable Plane/Helicopter (Air Unit) from triggering/spawning AI when they fly over areas? (I.e: Village, Town, Hill,City etc.). Currently I have edit the H&M mission to have CAS A10. The problem is, when our pilot fly to a place or orbiting an area, flying from Air Base to the AO, as it fly over areas, it will trigger/Spawn AI on the ground. This cause stuttering and give heavy load to the server. If there is option to disable Plane from triggering AI on the ground please guide me how to do it. If the Option is not available, Can you consider implementing it in the next update? 

We have been playing H&M since its 1st release and been playing it almost every week. For me it is the best mission out there and highly recommended. Those who love MSO & AliVE will love H&M too. Keep up the great work. 

10 hours ago, azrink said:

Hi Vdauphin

Is there a way to disable Plane/Helicopter (Air Unit) from triggering/spawning AI when they fly over areas? (I.e: Village, Town, Hill,City etc.). Currently I have edit the H&M mission to have CAS A10. The problem is, when our pilot fly to a place or orbiting an area, flying from Air Base to the AO, as it fly over areas, it will trigger/Spawn AI on the ground. This cause stuttering and give heavy load to the server. If there is option to disable Plane from triggering AI on the ground please guide me how to do it. If the Option is not available, Can you consider implementing it in the next update? 

We have been playing H&M since its 1st release and been playing it almost every week. For me it is the best mission out there and highly recommended. Those who love MSO & AliVE will love H&M too. Keep up the great work. 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your supporting.

H&M have a better support for player travelling with vehicle or Helicopter. They move slower and trigger enemy slower.

H&M is more focus on infantry gameplay, so the use of plane is a bit much. Plane move fast and cover a large scale so I understand your problem.

A simple solution could be, has you say,  disable Plane from triggering AI. You could achieve your goal by doing this :

in  /core/fnc/city/trigger_player_side.sqf#L16

change this :

_trigger setTriggerStatements ["this && !btc_db_is_saving", format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_activate",_id], format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_de_activate",_id]];

to this:

_trigger setTriggerStatements ["this && !btc_db_is_saving && (false in (thisList apply {_x isKindOf 'Plane'}))", format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_activate",_id], format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_de_activate",_id]];

I will be happy to see your feedback on github about this change. It could break player immersion in some case :/

See you soon!!!

Any time table or list of priority that adding Headless Client is on your to do list?

Very much looking forward to it for use with larger groups.

10 hours ago, MANTIA said:

Any time table or list of priority that adding Headless Client is on your to do list?

Very much looking forward to it for use with larger groups.

Hello,

Now, there is no time table or list of priority because it is in the last Pre-release on github :)

Have fun!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Now, there is no time table or list of priority because it is in the last Pre-release on github :)

Have fun!

GET SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

thanks!

@Vdauphin

If we added multiple Headless Client slots to your mission would it have an negative effects? Not really sure how you utilized the HC.

Thanks

On 2/17/2017 at 9:10 PM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your supporting.

H&M have a better support for player travelling with vehicle or Helicopter. They move slower and trigger enemy slower.

H&M is more focus on infantry gameplay, so the use of plane is a bit much. Plane move fast and cover a large scale so I understand your problem.

A simple solution could be, has you say,  disable Plane from triggering AI. You could achieve your goal by doing this :

in  /core/fnc/city/trigger_player_side.sqf#L16

change this :

_trigger setTriggerStatements ["this && !btc_db_is_saving", format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_activate",_id], format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_de_activate",_id]];

to this:

_trigger setTriggerStatements ["this && !btc_db_is_saving && (false in (thisList apply {_x isKindOf 'Plane'}))", format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_activate",_id], format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_de_activate",_id]];

I will be happy to see your feedback on github about this change. It could break player immersion in some case :/

See you soon!!!

Hi Vdauphin

We have tested the mission in our dedicated server with the changes made by you. The mission works great. It reduces the lag a lot. If I want to exclude "Helicopter" to the list, Isit ok if I edit the code like below? Be advise I am not good at all at code editing

setTriggerActivation[str(btc_player_side),"PRESENT",true];
_trigger setTriggerStatements ["this && !btc_db_is_saving && (false in (thisList apply {_x isKindOf 'Plane,Helicopters'}))", format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_activate",_id], format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_de_activate",_id]];

Be informed currently I have change all unit to CUP Vehicle & CUP Weapon & CUP unit. The OPFOR is mixed of Vanilla with CUP Vehicle and Weapon.

Best Regards

3 hours ago, azrink said:

Hi Vdauphin

We have tested the mission in our dedicated server with the changes made by you. The mission works great. It reduces the lag a lot. If I want to exclude "Helicopter" to the list, Isit ok if I edit the code like below? Be advise I am not good at all at code editing

setTriggerActivation[str(btc_player_side),"PRESENT",true];
_trigger setTriggerStatements ["this && !btc_db_is_saving && (false in (thisList apply {_x isKindOf 'Plane,Helicopters'}))", format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_activate",_id], format ["[%1] spawn btc_fnc_city_de_activate",_id]];

Be informed currently I have change all unit to CUP Vehicle & CUP Weapon & CUP unit. The OPFOR is mixed of Vanilla with CUP Vehicle and Weapon.

Best Regards

It is NOT a good idea to disable spawn for Helicopter because city will not be activate until player get out. The AI will spawn directly infront of players ...

A clever way could be to activate city when the pilot start to decrease the helicopter speed (under 190km/h for exemple) for landing. So during the travel, no AI will spawn until you start to apporch your landing zone.

Here is the code for that:

"this && !btc_db_is_saving && (false in (thisList apply {_x isKindOf 'Plane'})) && (false in (thisList apply {(_x isKindOf 'Helicopter') && (speed _x > 190)}))"

I did a Pull request : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/299

Byebye!

Hello !

Byebye H&M 1.15, H&M 1.16.1 major update is here !

Changelog :

- Add: Civilan fleeing.
- Add: Headless support.
- Add: ACE3 mine detector support.
- Add: "Lifting" interaction inside helicopter.
- Add: "Check cargo" interaction inside vehicle.
- Add: New hideout composition design.
- Add: Random cache design.
- Add: Auto save game.
- Add: Smooth and design HUD for lifting.
- Add: Better heavy lift support.
- Add: In some case sling load visual improvement.
- Add: Project OPFOR support (Thanks @sargken ).
- Add: A3 CSAT support.
- Add: Fastroping on helicopter (For RHS Helicopter use RHS ACE3 compatibility to avoid crash).
- Add: A3 BIS Group support.
- Add: Better composition for side tower.
- Add: More IED types.
- Add: Icon in ACE3 interaction menu.
- Add: Icon to task system.
- Add: Loading screen with a base overview.
- Add: New truck support.
- Add: Some little optimization.
- Add: Fonction composition return objects created.
- Add: Systemchat in debug mode.

- FIX: Vehicles not spawning on bridge after DB save.
- FIX: When a player vehicles is destroyed the malus is a bonus.
- FIX: If a player vehicle is destroyed twice the malus is not apply after.
- FIX: RHS AA missile infantry is missing in config.
- FIX: Date not being set up properly at mission start.

- FIX: Time acceleration not working when loading from DataBase.

- FIX: Pilot not being removed at the end of rescue mission.
- FIX: Hideouts are not capturing cities around after a delay.
- FIX: Task notification appear to everybody when a player is connecting.
- FIX: Military send from a city to an other is not in Headless Client.
- FIX: Duplicate static magazine.

• Like 1

Hey great mission execution, have had a lot of fun with it, but I have a quick question, we are running ACE medical and for some reason none of the CLS slots work as medics any idea what could be causing that?

46 minutes ago, Pourteeus said:

Hey great mission execution, have had a lot of fun with it, but I have a quick question, we are running ACE medical and for some reason none of the CLS slots work as medics any idea what could be causing that?

Hello and welcome!

Thank you.

CLS slots ie medic are working. If you didn't change anything in the mission, I see no reason why it is not working.

rtp from server and client is usefull on my PM.

Byebye!!

I believe i found what was causing it and one more thing is it possible to disable the fatigue system. 

@Vdauphin