giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hello,

10 hours ago, JD Wang said:

First I noticed with the patrols the leader will walk with his gun down in SAFE mode, but the other members all have their guns raised.
Where can I fix that? 

Never saw that. Also Hearts and Minds doesn't define combat behavior at unit level and even at group level. We only create waypoint with combat behavior and those are define at group level.

Also the 3CB factions have a static weapon in a bunker eg "UK3CB_TKA_I_PKM_nest" which often spawn on the roof and look terrible, where can I blacklist those?

Take a look to here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L649-L670

You are able to blacklist or whitelist what you want

Finally where in the code are the units spawned for the hideouts? I noticed they tend to just stand in formation at the hideout, I'd like to run either CBA_fnc_taskDefend or more likely lambs_wp_fnc_taskCamp so they adopt a more natural posture.

I am noticing the header looks empty so play with caution with: btc_fnc_mil_create_group

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L218

basically you want to change the _wp parameter to 0.5 but it might be wrong

I had rewrite this part in the dev branch because this function looks weird

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to add statics weapons to the mission to make up for some enemy factions that don't currently have them? I would like to have a chance for a mortar to be spawned but my enemy faction doesn't have one.

Hello and welcome,

9 minutes ago, Fearmonger said:

Is there a way to add statics weapons to the mission to make up for some enemy factions that don't currently have them? I would like to have a chance for a mortar to be spawned but my enemy faction doesn't have one.

Sure see the above message

Cheers

On 8/28/2021 at 4:21 AM, Vdauphin said:

You are able to blacklist or whitelist what you want

What variable do the statics come under?
btc_type_?

thanks

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.21.7 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: Side rescue give you reputation even when this mission fail (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Missing hook interaction for helicopter and plane (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Trigger not deleted when side capture officier fail (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

what about in mission civilians orders with voice, citizens answer by voice and text , cries of civilians when fighting is close.it possible?

Do Hearts & Minds pros have any tips for newcomers to the mission, in this case a smallish coop group (up to six people)? Also, would you start with Altis or Tanoa?

Hello,

3 hours ago, thirith said:

Do Hearts & Minds pros have any tips for newcomers to the mission, in this case a smallish coop group (up to six people)?

I highly recommend to read the in game documentation available on the map screen. You can also see it offline here http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/InGame-documentation

You can also see some tips here https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/discussions/1145

3 hours ago, thirith said:

Also, would you start with Altis or Tanoa?

Tanoa because you start on the small island so it will be easier for beginner I think

Good luck and have fun

• Like 1

a question, before this i can use Ace Medical (Surgical) in HnM but now Ace Medical (surgical) no longer working in HnM... how to enable this back??

Hello,

13 minutes ago, Notty99 said:

a question, before this i can use Ace Medical (Surgical) in HnM but now Ace Medical (surgical) no longer working in HnM... how to enable this back??

For ACE question please ask it to the ace slack: https://ace3public.slack.com

Cheers

yeah but in custom mission without using Hearts And Mind the system work perfectly, but only when i use Hearts And Mind mission file with ACE, the surgical doesnt work... idk if anyone else has report this.. but this issue has been going for quite so long

1 minute ago, Notty99 said:

idk if anyone else has report this.

Nobody.

13 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Good luck and have fun

Cheers! Quick follow-up question: there aren’t any Hummingbird helicopters at base, right? They’d be perfect for small groups and quick insertions.

Are there still up-to-date official RHSUS variants of these missions? If so, I’m afraid I’m not finding them - unless it’s a parameter that can be set.

17 minutes ago, thirith said:

Are there still up-to-date official RHSUS variants of these missions?

No, I dropped it because RHS is under vanilla/CUP contents from a compatibility point of view

You can still follow this guide to put RHS vehicles: http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system

Cheers

• Like 1

Is there a way to limit the type of Static weapons and Ammo boxes that can be spawned from the Logistic box?