giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Ah I think I saved whilst in the city. That might explain it. 

thanks for the explanation around the backpacks. Yes those definitely are saved. 

I do have a couple of questions about civilians. There seem to be very few of them looks like 1-3 in Zavos. Civs are set to 100% in the settings. Is that about right?

are the military spawns randomised? Or do they persist? So eg I get into combat die and respawn back at base. I’ve had occasions when they are still there when I go back but sometimes not so wasn’t clear if it was just another spawn. That said am liking the unpredictability of it. And I guess does killing the insurgents reduce their number in that area?

2 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

do have a couple of questions about civilians. There seem to be very few of them looks like 1-3 in Zavos.

The number of civilian is purely random https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L157

It could be zero or the max value define here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L145-L156

2 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

Civs are set to 100% in the settings. Is that about right? 

100% mean you will have what give you the : random _max_number_group

I did like that for consistency with enemies but

- as it was not in the original version 

- now we have a global parameter to decrease the number of civilian which wasn't the case in the original version

I will PR something to remove this random

2 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

are the military spawns randomised?

Yes but as civilian it depend on type of city https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L106-L118

2 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

Or do they persist?

They are random on the first city activation and then everything is cached on city desactivation

If you have saved your game, city previously activated will use the database to load enemies, civilian, IED ...

2 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

And I guess does killing the insurgents reduce their number in that area?

You have kill an enemy so the number of enemies decrease by one 😉

You can clear a city but if there is an hideout around, the hideout will send reinforcement. If you don't kill them, the units sent will be added to the city.

Good luck

PR: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/1073

Edited by Vdauphin
Created the PR

Awesome! Thanks for your answers. When the hide out  reinforces are those "virtualised" i know we quite often see trucks of men drive past in the distance and they appear from the direction we have intel for but wasnt sure if it was just confirmation bias on our part.

I've been using LAMBS and VCOM and it has lead to some huge firefights out in the hills around the start base. Quote from friend "it's like everyone hates us" gotta work on that rep! 😄

Hi @Vdauphin

I'm trying to setup a Vietnam mission and currently only having issues with two things which I can't seem to figure out. 

1. I've changed the loadout for players from base game to US Vietnam, which looks fine in the editor. However when in game the arsenal changes back to base game.

2. I've changed arsenal to 'ACE Only' and am trying to remove the base game weapons so it's unsung only. I've managed to remove weapons from the arsenal using the blacklist  however it's only showing the 'West' weapons in the arsenal. How can I add all weapons to the ACE arsenal? 

Hello,

2 hours ago, ultradar said:

. I've changed the loadout for players from base game to US Vietnam, which looks fine in the editor. However when in game the arsenal changes back to base game.

disable this https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp#L356-L361

2 hours ago, ultradar said:

2. I've changed arsenal to 'ACE Only' and am trying to remove the base game weapons so it's unsung only. I've managed to remove weapons from the arsenal using the blacklist  however it's only showing the 'West' weapons in the arsenal. How can I add all weapons to the ACE arsenal? 

Select remove here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp#L350-L355

Cheers

Is there a way to change the enemy camp composition or give it a couple of different composition choices so that the camps could be more random?

1 minute ago, Fearmonger said:

Is there a way to change the enemy camp composition or give it a couple of different composition choices so that the camps could be more random?

Hello,

You already have hundred objects combination, it is already pretty random 🤔

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/mil/create_hideout_composition.sqf

Cheers

Hey! 

Recently I noticed that I could not tow the planes of the UNSUNG mods. Do you know why ?

Thnaks ! 😄

Does anyone know where the game save data is located, or if it i spossible to port progression to another dedicated server machine?

Is there a way to recover wrecks from deep water, the SDV doesn't appear to give any lifting options and it is too deep for helicopter recovery.

2 hours ago, Mr_7 said:

Is there a way to recover wrecks from deep water, the SDV doesn't appear to give any lifting options and it is too deep for helicopter recovery.

Hello,

No just use the Zeus to move it

Cheers

At our next coop session I’m hoping to introduce my small group (4-6 people, relatively casual) to H&M, probably in one of the Fallujah versions. Are there any tips you can give a bunch of absolute H&M beginners?

14 hours ago, thirith said:

probably in one of the Fallujah versions.

read this if you didn't already http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds

In the tips section you have a parameter to change for small map like Fallujah

14 hours ago, thirith said:

Are there any tips you can give a bunch of absolute H&M beginners?

gl;hf

Cheers. The version of H&M I found on the Steam workshop already seems to have made the necessary changes that you’ve specified on GitHub.

Do I understand correctly that it’s highly recommended to have an interpreter on the team (to talk to the local population) and an engineer (to detect and defuse IEDs)?

2 hours ago, thirith said:

The version of H&M I found on the Steam workshop already seems to have made the necessary changes that you’ve specified on GitHub.

I do not recommend to use steamworshop as there are all outdated

2 hours ago, thirith said:

Do I understand correctly that it’s highly recommended to have an interpreter on the team (to talk to the local population) and an engineer (to detect and defuse IEDs)?

interpreter are not useful when your reputation is low because civilian will lie

Engineer, medic, drone hacker

• Like 1

Thanks, that’s all very useful.

I’ll look into creating an up-to-date Fallujah version of H&M - unless there’s someone reading this thread who already has one they’re using, by any chance?

Heyy! 

Thanks for the UNSUNG question.
I play on a big map (Nam2) and i want increase the quantity of bot. 
How i can do that ? (because i set at 100% the probability of ennemys and 10 the patrol).
Thanks ! 

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.21.3 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: You can tow from everywhere (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Towing by using previous behavior because arma physic too weird (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Lifted big objects can flip due too weird physic (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Objects in container are not loaded after db load (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Multiple ViV for vehicle using vanilla ViV system (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Preload city for findEmptyPosition (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Multiple charges trigger multiple hideout destruction (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: City with a lot of house can be empty (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Wreck lifted clip with the terrain when not drop above it (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Only change position for city in deep water (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 2

Is it possible to use ALiVE mil and civ objectives and AI commander modules or will it screw with the mission