giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

1 minute ago, LTCarre said:

set it up with different  OP-for etc

What does that mean?

i am guessing it is like libration and you vs AI so instead of vanilla enemies how do i change it to halo or CIS etc

14 minutes ago, LTCarre said:

so instead of vanilla enemies how do i change it to halo or CIS etc

Did you take a look to missions parameters?

Hey ! 
I have a question, do you have a guide to change the ennemy hideout composition ? 

I want to change the sleeping bag, camo net and other to stuff to have a WW2 hideout composition 😕

Spoiler

//Hideout classname
    btc_type_campfire = ["MetalBarrel_burning_F"] + (_allClassSorted select {_x isKindOf "Land_Campfire_F"});
    btc_type_Scrapyard = _allClassSorted select {
        _x isKindOf "Scrapyard_base_F" &&
        {(toLower _x find "scrap") isEqualTo -1}
    };
    btc_type_bigbox = ["Box_FIA_Ammo_F", "Box_East_AmmoVeh_F", "CargoNet_01_box_F", "O_CargoNet_01_ammo_F"] + btc_type_Scrapyard;
    btc_type_seat = ["Land_WoodenLog_F", "Land_CampingChair_V2_F", "Land_CampingChair_V1_folded_F", "Land_CampingChair_V1_F"];
    btc_type_sleepingbag = _allClassSorted select {_x isKindOf "Land_Sleeping_bag_F"};
    btc_type_tent = ["Land_TentA_F", "Land_TentDome_F"] + (_allClassSorted select {_x isKindOf "Land_TentSolar_01_base_F" && !(_x isKindOf "Land_TentSolar_01_folded_base_F")});
    btc_type_camonet = ["Land_IRMaskingCover_02_F"] + (_allClassSorted select {_x isKindOf "Shelter_base_F"});
    btc_type_satelliteAntenna = _allClassSorted select {_x isKindOf "Land_SatelliteAntenna_01_F"};

I saw this line, but i don't really understand the "isKindOf". 
Thanks! 

Hello,

14 minutes ago, 14_MrPatate said:

I saw this line, but i don't really understand the "isKindOf". 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isKindOf

15 minutes ago, 14_MrPatate said:

I want to change the sleeping bag, camo net and other to stuff to have a WW2 hideout composition 😕

Just replace what I wrote with your array of class name

Cheers

1 hour ago, Vdauphin said:

Just replace what I wrote with your array of class name

Yes for sleepingbag it's work but for  "btc_type_tent = ["Land_TentA_F", "Land_TentDome_F"] + (_allClassSorted select {_x isKindOf "Land_TentSolar_01_base_F" && !(_x isKindOf "Land_TentSolar_01_folded_base_F")});" i need to change every class name or ? 

But thanks for your answer ! 😄

2 hours ago, 14_MrPatate said:

i need to change every class name or ? 

If you know class name, you just have to put them in an array of string like that:

btc_type_tent = ["ww2_tent_1", "ww2_tent_2", "ww2_tent_3"];

18 minutes ago, 14_MrPatate said:

And i don't touch classname inside the bracket ? 

I wrote an example.

Do you know where you can find class name? and what is an array?

If not, I highly recommend to read https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Array and join Arma 3 Discord. A lot of people will help you.

8 minutes ago, Otarius big said:

how can i take enemy as prisoner and to interrogate. it possible in mission?

Hello,

Handcuff them and interact with them to interrogate

Cheers

Hi Vdauphin!

I'm editing your v1.20.10 into a amphibious version of H&M for upcoming event. Using Pulau terrain, with inspiration from the Nordic operations in Gulf of Aden.

As enemys I've chosen LOP African Militia as Pirates but have a small thing I wanna change. The boats they use when having "extended battlefield to sea"... .

Any clue where I can add a civ RHIB or zodiac instead of those OP gunboats with miniguns and god knows what?

Edit: Is it under \core\fnc\mil\class.sqf perhaps?

I'm not sure if this "issue" have been brought up previously but I newly ported H&M for my community (As I usually do).
Me and another player kept seeing textures on the ground indicating where IED's were, see the clip below:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailAlluringSwanPeanutButterJellyTime-RilNoisMpHMH1rO8

Any idea what this is? Is it a debug thing?

Edit:
I ported the newest version available on github

Hello,

9 minutes ago, Ellman said:

Any idea what this is?

See Random graffiti section :

10 minutes ago, Ellman said:

Is it a debug thing?

No it is a feature from a pre-release version of next H&M :

Cheers

Hey, I have some issues with searching bodies for Intel. If I run with the standard OPFOR faction I can do the search via ace. If I pick a different faction in the parameters there's no option to do so. Any idea? 

Secondly is there anything else to check to scale down the mission for just a couple of player than the number of patrols in parameters? 

Thanks for this! 

Hello,

8 hours ago, Tobur said:

have some issues with searching bodies for Intel. If I run with the standard OPFOR faction I can do the search via ace. If I pick a different faction in the parameters there's no option to do so. Any idea? 

Because the mission is persistent you still see OPFOR faction but you can't search them because you selected a different faction.

8 hours ago, Tobur said:

Secondly is there anything else to check to scale down the mission for just a couple of player than the number of patrols in parameters? 

Yes:

- small map

- less hideout

- Probability for a city to be free:

- Enemy density

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Erm, how do I reset a mission again.... ?

16 minutes ago, Tobur said:

how do I reset a mission again.... ?

Just connect as admin and ACE interact with your body, select database, then delete

• Like 1

i have a BIG problem that maybe you can help me. Im triying to load a save mission. otherwise i dont know where it is saved  ( i tried to load Server folder , btc_hc1 folder and continue.arma3profile , but i dont know what im doing wrong. I have that file ( continue.arma3profile and when i use this: ["continuada_aniversario"] call btc_fnc_db_load; it doesnt happened. I can see in RPT when i use save that i have an error in 142 line : 20:11:07   Error isvehiclecargo: Undefined variable in expression: _x
20:11:07 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Lythium\core\fnc\db\save.sqf..., line 142.

thanks

3 minutes ago, Lukisparty said:

i have a BIG problem that maybe you can help me. Im triying to load a save mission. otherwise i dont know where it is saved  ( i tried to load Server folder , btc_hc1 folder and continue.arma3profile , but i dont know what im doing wrong. I have that file ( continue.arma3profile and when i use this: ["continuada_aniversario"] call btc_fnc_db_load; it doesnt happened. I can see in RPT when i use save that i have an error in 142 line : 20:11:07   Error isvehiclecargo: Undefined variable in expression: _x
20:11:07 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Lythium\core\fnc\db\save.sqf..., line 142.

thanks

Hello,

Not sure to understand what you have done but

["continuada_aniversario"] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "core\fnc\db\load.sqf"

should work

Cheers

yep . when i try to save the mission , it say me : saving , wait please....... ok? and when i try to load with default saved options , where is allocated the folder where it have the mission saved? and when i try to load it , the markers in map doesnt appear and all its like i start the mission again without saves.

and if i put ["continuada_aniversario"] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "core\fnc\db\load.sqf" for load the mission what i should do if i want to save a mission with one name? . this is my error RPT:

20:17:16 Error in expression <vehicles select {
isNull isVehicleCargo _x &&
{isNull isVehicleCargo attachedTo >
20:17:16   Error position: <_x &&
{isNull isVehicleCargo attachedTo >
20:17:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
20:17:16 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Lythium\core\fnc\db\save.sqf..., line 136
20:17:16 Error in expression <vate _data = [];
_data pushBack (typeOf _x);
_data pushBack (getPosASL _x);
_dat>
20:17:16   Error position: <_x);
_data pushBack (getPosASL _x);
_dat>
20:17:16   Error isvehiclecargo: Undefined variable in expression: _x
20:17:16 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Lythium\core\fnc\db\save.sqf..., line 142

now with this option that you gave me ["continuada_aniversario"] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "core\fnc\db\save.sqf" it save the game PERFECT but now if i want to load the DEFAULT saves that it saved me before but i dont know the name of the file that it renamed to save it in default option , how can i know it? where its allocated?= thanks