giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hello,

32 minutes ago, Chinook_ said:

I will start by saying thanks to all the contributors to make this so fun to play. I recently learned about H&M about a month ago & haven’t been able to stop playing it.

Glad you enjoy it!

32 minutes ago, Chinook_ said:

-ai not de-spawning when leaving the AO or moving around the map getting to the ao. Is this as design? 

There are two types of AI. AI around cities and AI patroling across the map.

AI around cities (civilians, enemies and IED) de-spawn when you leave city and are not on the headless client (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/955)

AI patroling (civilians and enemies) drive over the map. They are removed when they reache their location and there is no player around (if there is one player around they start a new patrol). Bescause those AI "persist" those are transfered to headless client.

41 minutes ago, Chinook_ said:

-While flying to the objectives in a helicopter at low to med altitudes in a chopper, I activate zones that spawn ai, if I am playing in a large map like Tanoa it spawns lots of ai, which use up server resources.  Is there a way to counter the trigger?

Those AI will de-spawn quickly after you have left. But there is a parameter avoiding city activation :

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp#L344-L348

44 minutes ago, Chinook_ said:

-can someone explain this parameter settings to me. 
Probability for a city to be free? 

A city can be free or occupied by enemy. At first mission start, the mission load city and define with this probability this status.

Have fun!

Hello,

I just open a discussions/forum on GitHub.

You can create multiple discussions more freely than here. Topics are opened to everything (ask questions, share tips or creative content you build on top of this project).

Cheers.

Hi Vdauphin!

I cant find any enemy (opfor) winter units in the parameter setup, is that correct?

Okey Vdauphin, thanks alot!

One more question tho.. . if you have any clue. ..I atleast have to ask 🙂

If we use retextures based on the RHSAFRF like: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2003343816

We would still have to add'em to the parameters, right? Or does it means they replace the regular RHSAFRF?

1 minute ago, bodybaq said:

We would still have to add'em to the parameters, right? Or does it means they replace the regular RHSAFRF?

I don't know. If they have the same class name then you don't need.

• Like 1

Hi! My friends and I are playing a campaign with the Hearts and Minds gamemode, but we're not really enjoying the enemy factions as they are.

We would like to know if we can remove some units (vehicles and infantry with a different camo) from a faction, and if it's possible, how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome,

8 hours ago, CommanderBondt said:

We would like to know if we can remove some units (vehicles and infantry with a different camo) from a faction, and if it's possible, how to do it?

Yes: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L600-L621

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

three sides in this mission possible? bluefor_opfor_independent? Two side for player? and different side missions for player sides?

Hello,

55 minutes ago, Georgians said:

Two side for player?

No

56 minutes ago, Georgians said:

and different side missions for player sides?

No

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Carlos Leung said:

Arma 3 =BTC= Hearts and Minds but enemy is zombie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcYtE7YqpY&ab_channel=CarlosKaHoLeung

Hello, nice!

I encourage you to put it under this section https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/discussions/categories/show-and-tell (Show off something you've made)

Have fun!

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.20.9 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: ViV objects are saved twice (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Cache spawn under water for building above water (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

Can you please help me on this. I'm a novice at scripting, server hosting and Arma 3 overall.

For the last couple of days, I have managed to figure out how to host a dedicated server to play this mission and it also took me a while to figure out where the save function of this mission is located. (It was in the interaction menu under database.) Now my last mission is to find out how to load what I have saved. Please please help me on this and you will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: I figured this out. It automatically loads.

all year I play this mission, in various mods. thank you for this who worked and contributed. Mission  always worked very stable and without any critical errors. I recommend it to everyone

Hello!

I have some issue there, I set a save zone to prevent AI from spawning near the base. But AI still can go through it.

Hello,

3 hours ago, Carlos Leung said:

But AI still can go through it.

You can't avoid patroling AI. Just move your base to the end of a road so patrol will not go through your base to join the next city

Cheers

I downloaded the new version, opened it in PBO manager, and when I try to move the files to a folder nothing happens. The progress bar just keeps spinning. 

Hey man, I was wondering if their was a way to add a arsenal script so when the fob spawns and arsenal does as well.  Thanks.

Hello and welcome,

10 hours ago, whiteytidy said:

Hey man, I was wondering if their was a way to add a arsenal script so when the fob spawns and arsenal does as well.  Thanks.

The easiest way would be to teleport back to base from FOB. Take a look to those comments:

Cheers

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.20.10 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: Military patrol can spawn inside rock (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Vdauphin! 

Is it possible to play in PVP: The BLUEFOR faction could generate missions, and OPFOR too, likewise the result of each will have an impact on the behavior of civilians ? 
Thanks ! 

Hello,

1 hour ago, 14_MrPatate said:

Is it possible to play in PVP: The BLUEFOR faction could generate missions, and OPFOR too, likewise the result of each will have an impact on the behavior of civilians ? 

You basically need to redesign all btc_player_side test and triggers. They need to meet both player side (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/search?p=1&q=btc_player_side)

So it is a no.

Cheers

Hello and welcome,

2 hours ago, LTCarre said:

hi I am wondering if you could help me set this up on my server

Just move the pbo in your server mission folder, you have nothing to set up

Cheers